Interplanner

Aug 5, 2012
near Olympic National Park
✟12,847.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
OT prophecy is not to be used to figure out modern times and who will bomb who. Paul's system is to use it to reach the nations. He has no complicated background exegesis like BW here at CF. Definitely nothing like B2. He just finds out how the passage will excite and propel him and his readers to reach the nations with the Gospel, and that is the meaning.

Its fulfillment in Christ and its fulfillment in Christ's mission are therefore the same interest. That is the upshot of Rom 16's wrap up. The Gospel and the declaration of it have the same effect.

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Nope, they are what Paul meant as a missionary. The proper way to interp the OT is not the labored complications you bring up that takes gobs of space; it is to use the passage to reach the Gentiles.

The reason for this is given is in Rom 16; God has now decreed that that is what the OT scriptures are for. that dang "now" word again, just like the end of 11. I assume this is why BW and B2 never speak clearly about Rom 16's finale.
The truth is, that I have indeed written cleary (and in answer to you) about that section. But as usual, you simply reject any real analysis of what any passage of scripture says, preferring "one line paraphrases." Why? because in a one line "paraphrase," you can express an opinion without the constraints of having to demonstrate the correctness or accuracy of that opinion. But I do not deal with opinion, but with the scriptures as they came to us.

Upvote 0

Interplanner

Aug 5, 2012
near Olympic National Park
✟12,847.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Really, what did you say about Rom 16? I mean in a line or two, like Paul. None of this 'I know all the OT background better than you' stuff.

Also, be sure you actually talk about it instead of about the futurism that it does not talk about, like you did with Rom 15:8.

Your problem with expressing it succinctly in your own words...is that futurism will not let you. Futurism has put its own words in you and it is not the same and never will be.

Yeshua won't talk about Rom 15:8 for the same reason. Or Peter in Acts 3. Or Gal. 3.

Upvote 0