Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟884,184.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I do not want to ascribe any intentions on your part without certainty that they fit. Maybe best just to move on.
Yes, I'm familiar with your discussion flow chart:

1. Do I have any semblance of an argument?
2. No.
3. Insult.

By the way, 2.5 restrooms? We've got 1.0 tiny restroom. Sounds like You Got Yours.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, I'm familiar with your discussion flow chart:

1. Do I have any semblance of an argument?
2. No.
3. Insult.

By the way, 2.5 restrooms? We've got 1.0 tiny restroom. Sounds like You Got Yours.
And I would nothing to stand in the way of you obtain access to more if your family had a need. I do hope your apparent thin skin is protected from harmful ultraviolet rays. And, a second time, I suggest moving along.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟567,838.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Maybe his Oscars went past their use-by-date.

I'm starting to think you really don't want to have a conversation and prefer, instead, to just declare yourself correct.

It's not complicated. You started by claiming their careers were comparable,

No, I didn't.

now you're simply saying she deserved equal pay on the back of one show

For that particular show, at the present time and in the future - not in the beginning.

The point is that bigger stars like Spacey will get bigger paycheques because of their achievements based on past works, not the work currently in production.

I'd like to know where you get your ideas about how actor pay works.

When actors negotiate their salaries, they do so based on the amount of attention (and thus, revenue) they can bring to the project. Yes, past works and awards are part of that, but the significance of those awards and projects fades with time. Likewise, if someone is doing a lot of the heavy lifting on one project, that can weigh more in their favor than awards from the distant past.

And what if she wasn't as popular as Spacey? No equal pay?

Correct.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hollywood keeps pretty good track of which stars are likely to draw an audience based on marketing studies. Some are better draws than others, independent of the awards they have won.
They know there business, so it is laughable to act like the studio is getting "taken advantage of".

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟884,184.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
And I would nothing to stand in the way of you obtain access to more if your family had a need. I do hope your apparent thin skin is protected from harmful ultraviolet rays.

You are standing in the way. You think it's delightful when people tell other people what to do with their money, so I'm going to tell you - give me some money.
And, a second time, I suggest moving along.
Why? No. I want some money.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You are standing in the way. You think it's delightful when people tell other people what to do with their money.

I would tell you what to do with your money, but it would violate TOS.

Reactions: Gadarene
Upvote 0

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
I'm starting to think you really don't want to have a conversation and prefer, instead, to just declare yourself correct.

You can think that, but I did no such thing. Sorry, was I supposed to have rolled over when you started accusing me of double standards? ^_^

No, I didn't.

Sure.

I'd like to know where you get your ideas about how actor pay works.

When actors negotiate their salaries, they do so based on the amount of attention (and thus, revenue) they can bring to the project. Yes, past works and awards are part of that, but the significance of those awards and projects fades with time. Likewise, if someone is doing a lot of the heavy lifting on one project, that can weigh more in their favor than awards from the distant past.

Maybe Spacey's significance hasn't faded as much as you think it has.

Given Wright is actually producing and directing (and I assume Spacey isn't) I think she would have had more of a claim based on that aspect of her job. Trying to claim parity based on acting chops still doesn't sit right.

Upvote 0

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
My point was that when a male actor behaves in this way, it isn't even thought twice about.

By the way, "this way" is that the actor goes to his boss and tells him that he wants more money, because a study has shown that he is as well-liked by the watchers as a better payed actor.

Isn't that one of the arguments of paying someone better, that he brings in more money?

Again, depends on the backgrounds of the actors, and I should really just copy all of this to clipboard at this point ^_^

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟884,184.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I would tell you what to do with your money, but it would violate TOS.
My goodness. From unprovoked insults to vulgar hostility hinting of violence. I guess I'd better move along before you challenge me to a fistfight.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

trunks2k

Contributor
Jan 26, 2004
✟270,241.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Given Wright is actually producing and directing (and I assume Spacey isn't) I think she would have had more of a claim based on that aspect of her job. Trying to claim parity based on acting chops still doesn't sit right.
Spacey is a producer (I think from the beginning) on the show, but hasn't directed. Wright is more recently a producer and has also started to direct.

Reactions: Gadarene
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My goodness. From unprovoked insults to vulgar hostility hinting of violence. I guess I'd better move along before you challenge me to a fistfight.
I suggested moving along a good while back, Mr. Trump.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟884,184.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I suggested moving along a good while back, Mr. Trump.
And I don't blame you. If I had painted myself into a corner by shooting my mouth off trying to sound self-righteous, and then realizing I couldn't defend what I said when someone questioned me, and then resorted to an ad hominem insult at the questioner, I'd want to move on too. I'll grant your request. You're welcome.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And I don't blame you. If I had painted myself into a corner by shooting my mouth off trying to sound self-righteous, and then realizing I couldn't defend what I said when someone questioned me, and then resorted to an ad hominem insult at the questioner, I'd want to move on too. I'll grant your request. You're welcome.
^_^:wave:

Upvote 0