Shadesofgray

Apr 7, 2011
Seoul South Korea
✟15,386.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Hi all, I'm new here, so I'm sorry if this is a topic that has been done to death before.

I am really curious about people's opinions on this though. I find that when I post to these forums, I am very open about showing my personality. I don't sit back like I might in an actual face to face group setting. I'm open about my opinions and who I am. Maybe it's the anonymity of the internet that makes me willing to share my personal thoughts and opinions about things. I feel like in a place like this, I really have nothing to hide.

What about the rest of you?

Stravinsk

Neo Baroque/Rococo Classical Artist
Mar 4, 2009
Australia
✟9,955.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm open to a point as well. There are a few here I have opened up more to in private - but in public there are things I wouldn't discuss.

People also know my real name and picture and the general area where I live, since I have revealed that - further reason to be circumspect.

Not everyone who visits these boards is trustworthy - whatever religious label they may attach to themselves. So you'd be wise to know your boundries in being open. This is, after all, the internet. Anyone can view posts.

And since I have not taken the opportunity before: Welcome.

Upvote 0

Gabe7

Apr 1, 2011
✟1,885.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
I'm open to a point as well. There are a few here I have opened up more to in private - but in public there are things I wouldn't discuss.

People also know my real name and picture and the general area where I live, since I have revealed that - further reason to be circumspect.

Not everyone who visits these boards is trustworthy - whatever religious label they may attach to themselves. So you'd be wise to know your boundries in being open. This is, after all, the internet. Anyone can view posts.

And since I have not taken the opportunity before: Welcome.

Why so cynical? This is Christian Forums. Home of the best, brightest and morally pure among the internet elite. Here we weed out the evil doers and malcontents. We run without getting tired.

Reactions: Wren
Upvote 0

Tink

our God is faithful. ♥
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2004
Texas
✟56,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm pretty open. I don't really have any secrets.

Secrets are pointless to me.

Luke 8:17 said:
For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open.

Upvote 0

Amber.ly

Predictably eccentric and honestly hypocritical
Mar 1, 2010
Gone- PM if you need me
✟22,486.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm completely open about my background, beliefs and opinions. Personal stuff? Not much. I either think I don't want to share or that no one would really care.

And CF doesn't feel like a place to be annonymous. I've met 4 other posters from here so far. So it's impossible for me to hide my freak streak ;)

Upvote 0

Evie1980

Learning to thrive
Sep 30, 2005
Where the Lord wants me
✟26,473.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Too open I think. Boundaries are not my strong point but it is something that I am trying to learn. There is a time in place in every relationship that we need them and sometimes we forget just how much we need them. Having been in too many relationships where I have said too much and ended up wounded, you would think that I would have learnt by now. But somethings never change!
Blessings

Upvote 0

LadyOfMystery

Heart of Gold
Mar 25, 2007
North Carolina
✟279,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm open to a certain extent. I don't just blab everything that comes to mind. I do share my opinions on certain things, but I don't just go into threads just to show off my opinion. I do like to be open about my personality, and my beliefs. Home life? Rarely. Usually only do I give any openness about that is in prayer requests.

Upvote 0

Blank123

Legend
Dec 6, 2003
✟56,875.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
depends on the topic. Some things I am completely open about here. Some things I will only share with people here that I consider real friends. Some things I just don't share at all because they're personal and private.

In IRL I tend to be the quiet one in the group. And even in one on one situations I have to trust the person before I really start to open up. There are people in my life who I know wouldn't care about my struggles or be happy for me in my victories, so I don't share with them. I am working on pushing myself to be more open with the ones I know do care.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm not more or less open here than I am in real life. I tend to elaborate more, or talk more, but not reveal more, if that makes sense. There are some things about myself that no other human being knows.

Upvote 0

shinkou

Mar 17, 2011
✟8,293.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
I think I am not open too much in here. But maybe I am starting to open up more in here to. Some of the topics in here I did not make a message in because I want to be more private about me in here. I think I am a little bit shy. But I think as time goes by I am becoming more open and saying and sharing more things.

Upvote 0

Wren

Dec 19, 2006
PNW
✟33,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
In general, I think I'm quite open here, too much so actually (and end up deleting posts; bad habit that I need to break, especially since once it's out there, it's out there). I'm open with people offline, too, once I'm comfortable around them. I'm actually more open offline, I think. Here there are more people who I feel are likely to go all judgy on me (so I may hold back on some opinions/thoughts), whereas I just don't surround myself with those types of people offline (and am blessed enough to not really have a judgy family).

I try to be myself here, much more so than I used to be. I used to be very quiet and contributed little. Now you can't shut me up. :D

Reactions: Miles
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Andrew12

A Knight of the Lord
Nov 4, 2010
Mainstreet, AnyTown
Visit site
✟17,283.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I don't "air my dirty laundry" nor do I like to complain, but theologically I am very open to sharing my beliefs and the scriptural backing with anyone. In fact I try to shy away from my own opinions here and IRL and go directly by what God's Word says. :)

Upvote 0

Touma

Feb 19, 2007
Virginia
✟26,533.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think I am probably open to a fault. If people ask me anything, I will tell. I like to be transparent and "real" to people. It does help make connections with certain people, and with others they look down upon me. Oh well =)

Upvote 0

Rhye

Legend
Mar 29, 2010
✟43,006.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
My free spirit has at times caused me trouble. To trust about things, to easily trust, and at times I say things I shouldn't say. But, that has been true because I feel comfortable here. There are days I do need to stop myself. And much of my trust has been broken so I am bit more cautious then usual (though I don't know if I am doing a good job at it). See...to open. Outside of CF and in my own personal life, I am extremely open as well. People know a lot about me, and because of that I know a lot about others. Its become very natural for others to open up to me about things, even though I don't seek to get it, or want to get it, it just happens.

Upvote 0