Dec 25, 2002
✟35,477.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It is a Catholic teaching. You are setting up a strawman that a specific method of natural birth control is claimed by me as being doctrine in and of itself.
Obviously you don't know what a 'strawman' is. Secondly I'm only asking you to cite your source. It is your burden to prove, not mine.

I can tell you right now that NFP isn't catholic teaching. To assert that it is demonstrates your lack of understanding, but you are insisting on saying it is, so prove it.

Upvote 0

geocajun

Priest of the holy smackrament
Dec 25, 2002
✟35,477.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
How long have you been married, Geo? At 30 years of age I'm guesing at least 6 years. I could be wrong, but if that's the case, why only 4 kids? Letting God be in control I had 4 children in 3 and a half years. You are either abstaining or using birth control. Which one?
I've been married for 8 years. I have only 4 kids because one of mine died during gestation and caused a delay. Thanks for the interrogations and implication. You're a great guy.

Upvote 0

MichaelFJF

Nov 13, 2002
Utah
✟12,597.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
How long have you been married, Geo? At 30 years of age I'm guesing at least 6 years. I could be wrong, but if that's the case, why only 4 kids? Letting God be in control I had 4 children in 3 and a half years. You are either abstaining or using birth control. Which one?
We had 2 kids after 5 years of marriage and we neither abstained nor used birth control. Assumptions are dangerous.

Upvote 0

SwissGuard

Mar 4, 2008
✟284.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Simple. People can and do have dissenting opinions on Church teachings.

But since the Church is not a democracy, all they have to do is keep it to themselves.

There won't be any ultra-Conservative-Super-Orthodox-Heretic-Smashing going on if people didn't give the impression that they want to change the Church to fit their own image. Talking about struggles is fine, but openly mocking or dissenting from Church teaching is what really angers some of us.

We could all get along then just fine...(except when talking about politics. But politics is not Church teaching and is not going to inspire the kind of bickering that dissenters vs defenders create.)

You might say, "Why don't the orthodox Catholics shut up instead of the heterodox?" Well, this is a Catholic forum, not a Protestant forum.
You are correct. But from what little I have seen of this forum, you are fighting a losing battle. These seem like weak Catholics. Maybe you should go over in that other section where those protestants are and give them what for. I'm having fun over there.

Reactions: Epiphanygirl
Upvote 0

SwissGuard

Mar 4, 2008
✟284.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Dominus Fidelis

ScottBot is Stalking Me!
Sep 10, 2003
Florida
✟18,909.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Obviously you don't know what a 'strawman' is. Secondly I'm only asking you to cite your source. It is your burden to prove, not mine.

I can tell you right now that NFP isn't catholic teaching. To assert that it is demonstrates your lack of understanding, but you are insisting on saying it is, so prove it.

It is Catholic teaching. You admitted it is accepted by the Church on page 13. Its a strawman because my argument is not that it is a Doctine in and of itself, but that its a church teaching that is accepted implementation of partial abstinence.

All you do is the same old same old. You pretend to be so much smarter and just insult people that disagree with you. You aren't acting differently than you used to geo, even though you claim to be changed, you are just more "liberal" now.

Upvote 0

MichaelFJF

Nov 13, 2002
Utah
✟12,597.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Maybe, but they are more often true than not
Yeah well you live in your world and I'll stay in the real world thank you. And I might add, not a very bright post since the assumption was proven wrong twice inside a minute.

Upvote 0

geocajun

Priest of the holy smackrament
Dec 25, 2002
✟35,477.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It is Catholic teaching. You admitted it is accepted by the Church on page 13. Its a strawman because my argument is not that it is a Doctine in and of itself, but that its a church teaching that is accepted implementation of partial abstinence.

All you do is the same old same old. You pretend to be so much smarter and just insult people that disagree with you. You aren't acting differently than you used to geo, even though you claim to be changed, you are just more "liberal" now.

It's gettin deep in here.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
You are correct. But from what little I have seen of this forum, you are fighting a losing battle. These seem like weak Catholics. Maybe you should go over in that other section where those protestants are and give them what for. I'm having fun over there.
Yeah, we tend to loosing up on ya'll for a little bit to draw ya in before we close the trap on ya. :D

2 Thess 2:3 No any ye should be deluding according to no yet one manner/way, that if-ever no may be coming the apostasy/apostasia <646> first.
And may be being un-covered the Man of the Sin, the Son of the destruction/apwleiaV <684>.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Miss Shelby

Legend
Feb 10, 2002
✟88,638.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
you know what. If weak Catholics try to 'fight' even the strongest Protestants, they're gonna lose dude,. and they'll probably lose fighting the weakest.

Upvote 0

namericanboy

Apr 9, 2005
✟2,043.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I know us pesky prots and the scriptures...

13 For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.
14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
15 But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.
16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would

Upvote 0

SwissGuard

Mar 4, 2008
✟284.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah well you live in your world and I'll stay in the real world thank you. And I might add, not a very bright post since the assumption was proven wrong twice inside a minute.
Whoa. I complimented you. Why are you coming off at me like that?

Upvote 0

Site Supporter
May 26, 2004
Cape Breton
✟740,518.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I've been married for 8 years. I have only 4 kids because one of mine died during gestation and caused a delay. Thanks for the interrogations and implication. You're a great guy.

We had 2 kids after 5 years of marriage and we neither abstained nor used birth control. Assumptions are dangerous.

Man bro, aren't we getting a little personal..How about using some of that mercy and grace you show in your sig....

I apologize for that. I was way out of line. I need to realize when it's time to call it a night.

I'm sorry Geo, sincerely.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dominus Fidelis

ScottBot is Stalking Me!
Sep 10, 2003
Florida
✟18,909.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Just curious...what Church teaching do you disagree with exactly? NFP?

Upvote 0

MichaelFJF

Nov 13, 2002
Utah
✟12,597.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Whoa. I complimented you. Why are you coming off at me like that?
I don't consider the "weak catholic" remark, which was directed at all of us or the crack about assumptions as compliments. And I don't care what your opinion is concerning my birth control, or lack of. Nice try.

Upvote 0

Miss Shelby

Legend
Feb 10, 2002
✟88,638.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
DF, NFP is NOT apart of Catholic treaching in any way,. And in my experience the Catholics who support it are the ones who it works for with no side effects such as pregnancy every 9 months to a year, for several years running.

Talk to any other advocate of NFP and their conceiveation rate is high, and probalby continues every year fold.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.