Visit site
✟90,518.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Many years ago, I told my mother the good news of Jesus, trying to convert her. It did not end well. I only hardened her heart.

I didn't want to be the instrument of her rejecting Jesus, i.e., she denied Jesus because I asked her to accept Jesus. I didn't want that to be on my conscience when she died and met Jesus. That was my mistake when I tried to convert my mother many years ago. Even now, I regret my many attempts. All I got was multiple rejections.

My mother was born in China. Never attended a day of school. Didn't know how to read. She used to ask us kids to dial the telephone for her to talk to her friends because she couldn't recognize the numbers. She hated my father for abandoning the family temporarily for a few years while living in Hong Kong. On her dying days, she never forgave him for that. She did not know Jesus.

If I could do it all over again, I'd have been more loving and understanding and I would not have pressed her for a straight answer. Pray. Go easy. Exhibit peace always when interacting with your unbelieving loved ones. Begin with commonalities and lead them slowly to Christ. Be agreeable instead of confrontational.

Romans 12:
18 If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone​
particularly, your loved ones.

What to do when your friends and loved ones do not believe?
  1. Lovingly tell them about Jesus.
  2. Pray.
  3. Trust in God that he will do what is just concerning them.
When I have done the above, I feel peaceful.

See also What happens to people who don't know God?.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: jacks