How much did you gain w/ your pregnancy?

RainChick

Mar 6, 2007
Emotion
✟15,898.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
:wave: I hope no one finds this question to be TMI or offensive in anyway, but how much did you all gain from your pregnancy? My Hubby and I are trying to conceive, but I like knowing ahead of time what's going to happen. hehe. The Dr said 35lbs for the whole pregnancy is good, but I didn't know if that was honestly realistic, or just a recommendation?

Btw, I'm 120lbs before getting pregnant, is that a good starting weight? lol sorry about all the questions. :D

Assisi

not a sissy
Sep 7, 2006
Sydney
✟14,280.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I started out at 119lbs and I ended up at about 155lbs. I hadn't gained a thing by the time I was 20 weeks. At least 25lbs of that was in the last 10 weeks of my pregnancy (and I went over by a couple of weeks) and I think was mostly water weight. After my son's birth I lost 2.5lbs a day for about a week! Not including what I lost just giving birth.

None of my friends have gained this much during pregnancy, but they all started out heavier than me so I think I gained more because I needed to. My diet was certainly not the culprit. ;)

btw - I'm back to 119lbs now ;)

Upvote 0

Birbitt

Mar 10, 2008
Arizona
Visit site
✟17,763.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
First Preg: Starting Weight 180 gained 55 pounds to finish at 235 (Mostly water retention, baby, and amniotic fluid as I have a larger than normal uterus)

Second Preg: Starting Weight 200 gained 40 pounds to finish at 240 (again water retention, baby, and amniotic fluid)

Third Preg: Starting weight 250 Current weight and counting 260

Upvote 0

Singin4Him

Here I am Lord, send me!
Jul 31, 2004
Texas
✟20,030.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
With my son I started out somewhere around 118-120 and ended up gaining 55lbs. I had no morning sickness and I did not take care of myself at all. I regreted that when I ended up on bedrest in my last trimester!

With this pregnancy I have done great so far, started out around 124 and I've only gained 4 lbs at almost 14 weeks! I'm planning on a VBAC so this pregnancy I'm paying much more attention to what I eat and my work out routine helps as well.

Upvote 0

jgonz

What G-d calls you to do, He equips you to do.
Feb 11, 2005
El Paso, TX
✟20,780.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I don't remember exact weights with each baby, but I've gained as much as 45 lbs and as little as 13 lbs... It just depended on how healthy I was before and during each pregnancy.

The highest weight pregnancy (#6 at 45 lbs) was because I was eating chocolate like it was going out of style and my thyroid was messed up. :doh:The lowest weight pregnancies were my last 4 babies (I'm guessing because I knew more about nutrition and was taking care of myself better).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CrystalBrooke

I'm almost positive I don't care what you think
Jun 16, 2004
Tennessee
Visit site
✟19,777.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I started out at 109lb and the day I went to be induced I weighed 151lb. The doctor said that since I was underweight that I should gain at least 35lb..he said he usually didn't reccomend anymore than that, but since I was underweight, a few extra pounds wouldn't hurt.

Upvote 0

tessas212

Dog Behavior Consultant
Jul 16, 2006
Ohio
✟9,317.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I am only 27 weeks along, and have gained 25 or more lbs.

This was me 8 wk pregnant:
8weeks.jpg

This is me now:
27wk.jpg

Upvote 0