Mar 28, 2002
Visit site
✟4,038.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Blessed75 said:
I take him with a grain of salt. Some things I like about him and some things I could live without hearing or seeing.......Easy solution for that though.........I just turn the channel if I get offended. That's the great thing about the remote control ;)
I agree. I find him annoying, mostly, and it takes alot to be immature enough to annoy me, lol. But I don't watch him. Easy answer. I like the long curly hair/sunglasses look, though. Does he still do that?

Upvote 0

SirKenin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2003
from the deepest inner mind to the outer limits
✟9,370.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Blessed75 said:
You're on a roll today aren't ya? :rolleyes:
Well, use your sense of logic. Do you hear anyone using the N-word on other mainstream radio talkshows? Do you see the trash on them that you see Stern come up with? No. You don't. Why is that? Think about it.

Foolishness attracts fools.

Upvote 0

UberLutheran

Feb 2, 2004
✟20,440.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Christy4Christ said:
I think that Howard Stern is a filthy pig :)

Did that sound harsh?

::gritting teeth:: I think we need to pray for him....

Hey, let's call a spade a spade! Interesting to watch his television show and see how long it takes him to get the women to take off their clothes (while he leers at them).

And the thing is - the women actually take off their clothes!

Yeah, I agree: he's a filthy pig.

Upvote 0

Christy4Christ

Pro-Christ
Jan 30, 2004
Hollywood, FL
✟5,762.00
Faith
Catholic
UberLutheran said:
Hey, let's call a spade a spade! Interesting to watch his television show and see how long it takes him to get the women to take off their clothes (while he leers at them).

Aslo in the name of equal opportunity, I must say that the women who DO take off there clothes for him are no better..

I guess they all need prayers because that is just no way to live, I can't help but feel a little sorry for them ...

I can say these thing because I have been there and have found a new way of life. I know how it is to be on both sides of the fence.

For a long time I had a huge issue with men because I blamed them for my own troubles, one day I realized that I was just as guilty...

Upvote 0

BarbB

I stand with my brothers and sisters in Israel!
Aug 6, 2003
NJ summers; FL winters
✟25,548.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Republican
Christi said:
I agree. I find him annoying, mostly, and it takes alot to be immature enough to annoy me, lol. But I don't watch him. Easy answer. I like the long curly hair/sunglasses look, though. Does he still do that?

Yep, he still has the long curly hair - and he has to be 50 or close to it now. I used to love his radio show in DC. He was VERY funny when he started, but when he hit NY he sort of went over the top. Also, I thought his TV show stank - he was more verbally funny than physically funny. I quit listening when he and his wife divorced. She must have been a stablizing influence cause he's really gone round the bend.

I have to agree that he personally was never racist or treated women badly if they did not ask to be treated badly. Somewhere in there is a pretty decent guy, I think. Oh well, I'm only into Christian radio now - love the music and the humor (yep, folks, Christians can be funny!)

What is Clear Channel? I see their billboards on the Fla. Turnpike and have no idea what they are talking about!

Upvote 0

SqueezetheShaman

Jul 26, 2003
✟5,461.00
Faith
Agnostic
I think the women are the idiots, and he is giving them attention which is what they want. They ain't cryin over it later, so he isn't really harming a soul. Just showing how tacky and unbecoming that behavior is. I don't think he is really doing anything wrong, and dont' find fault in it.
UberLutheran said:

Upvote 0

SqueezetheShaman

Jul 26, 2003
✟5,461.00
Faith
Agnostic
the last shows i saw he had his hair cut shorter, shoulder length, no i don't think it is long anymore, but newlamb apparently said it is, so I dunno
Christi said:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SirKenin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2003
from the deepest inner mind to the outer limits
✟9,370.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
SqueezetheShaman said:
I think the women are the idiots, and he is giving them attention which is what they want. They ain't cryin over it later, so he isn't really harming a soul. Just showing how tacky and unbecoming that behavior is. I don't think he is really doing anything wrong, and dont' find fault in it.
Faulty logic. He's exploiting "idiots" to sell his foolishness to the masses. He's every bit as much of an idiot as they are, if that's the word you choose to use. I prefer fool. He reminds me of court jesters in days of old.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Arturis

Naturalist & Free Thinker
Feb 27, 2004
Tri-State
✟15,683.00
Faith
Christian
Promoting vice through our media is not what our media was intended for. I think whats happening to howard is the right thing. Freedom of speech is not without responsability or accountability for that matter. Since the media influences its audience, promoting vice over virtue is destabilizing to society and our country. Noone can argue that violence, sex and avarice negatively affect children. These children grow up tainted and promulgate it further. Our founding fathers knew that Capitalism and democracy only work if its people remain virtuous and of good character. Anything that undermines these tenents of decency should be concidered dangerous. And they are. That is why the FCC was eventually invented, that is why it is cracking down on deviants. The FCC doesn't say you can't live the way you want or say what you want...it simply says you can't promote it through the media without paying a price.

Upvote 0

antigoat

Oct 8, 2003
Visit site
✟7,839.00
Faith
I think Howard Stern's shows are obnoxious, annoying, and above all else, horribly boring. Its the same thing over and over! I just don't get it myself, but have no problem with him or his being on the air.

RE the point about in Private parts that guy saying how people who like him (Stern) listen for 2 hours, and those that hate him for 2.5-- gotta be the same thing with Fox News. I havn't had TV for 4 years, and I have to admit, Fox News is one of the prime suspects for what I do not want to waste my time on. Life is too short, I have too many others things I want/need to do, but man, when its around I just can't help but staring in befuddlement with furrowed brow at morons like Sean Hannity and resident floormat Alan Colmes. or fred barnes.

Upvote 0