• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

How long since you last self injured?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Protinus

...once more unto the breach dear friends
Site Supporter
Apr 13, 2004
New York City
✟53,643.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Democrat
Arianna said:
14 hours

i'm useless
i deserve to be hurt

You are not useless but potentially inspiring as you must confide in others and lead them to better places...like you are trying to do for yourself here!! Because hurting yourself will not help - pain is real, but your ability to mend is greater!! Heal yourself to help others!!

You can do it!:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Protinus

Site Supporter
Apr 13, 2004
New York City
✟53,643.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Democrat
Rabid_Rabbit said:
Argghh........last night.............:doh:
And most annoying is this time I really don't care

and there is no caring for yourself. This is sad. Because Rabid...you have so much to give! Focus on your skin, your arms, your hands...move your hands in front of your face...bear your palms to your face...stare at your palms (both of them) for a minute. <CLOSE YOUR EYES> Imagine (while holding your hands there) that you are a DOCTOR treating a patient, or a NURSE in the battlefield closing the wound of a soldier. Imagine those hands are painting a portrait...or serving soup in a SOUP KITCHEN.

<OPEN YOUR EYES>
your hands are there...and they have much work to do!:wave:

Upvote 0

Protinus

Site Supporter
Apr 13, 2004
New York City
✟53,643.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Democrat
alilsa said:
I cut my arm yesterday. I was so upset at God. He wouldn't talk to me or touch me and i wanted to get His attention since he ignores me. I took pictures of my arm afterwards. It was a way to try to atone for me being such a screw up in life.

Let your heart rest, let your mind know this restful state...think of how God loves you and summons you to know Him. You have but to ask and He is there. Hurting yourself doesn't allow the peace and communion with our Lord...but your cry for help, ccoming here and posting, taking pictures of your arm, means that you care for yourself and want a satifying spiritual relationship. Rest...and He will come to you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gwen'sMom

Jun 13, 2006
✟8,656.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
I did some fancy cutting today at lunchtime. Even though I do payroll /accts payable and every other administrative function here at work my boss told me that there have been complaints about the way i answer the phone. And the "main" reason I am here is to answer the phone. So I basically feel that I don't matter. And all that added to my crumbling marriage. What a great day. So, my arms are a mess and I will need to wear long sleeves on hot days. I think that the only thing keeping me going is my daughter who is 3. I don't matter at work and I don't matter to my husband.

Upvote 0

Bamboo_Chicken

Once a Steffi, forever a Bamboo Chicken
Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2004
New South Wales
Visit site
✟39,912.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Private
Gwen'sMom said:
I did some fancy cutting today at lunchtime. Even though I do payroll /accts payable and every other administrative function here at work my boss told me that there have been complaints about the way i answer the phone. And the "main" reason I am here is to answer the phone. So I basically feel that I don't matter. And all that added to my crumbling marriage. What a great day. So, my arms are a mess and I will need to wear long sleeves on hot days. I think that the only thing keeping me going is my daughter who is 3. I don't matter at work and I don't matter to my husband.

:hug: You matter to us Gorgeous. Please come and talk to us instead of hurting yourself. :hug:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.