• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

How long since you last self injured? (4)

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
(((((((((Tom)))))))))))
Well done on getting through 4 days, that's an achievement.
Praying for you, brother.

------------------------------------------------------------

For me, about 24 hours... :sigh:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NoddaProbBob

And step by step, You'll lead me...
Feb 20, 2006
Northern Illinois
✟15,769.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Since January 1. So I guess about 46 days now... I've never cried so much in my life...
I did however do some light scratching one day, though I never broke skin.
As much as I hate this, I'm still on track

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

dfly

Aug 12, 2010
✟7,676.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
well yesterday but its not like cutting, its physically punching my head to supress my OCD thoughts, when i get overwhelmed with thoughts that cause me to get really scared walk around, sometimes cry i tend to cause pain to my head and say 'keep thinking go head see what'll happen' i hate it, i regret it everytime, its terrible :/

I too have ocd and sometimes when I get really angry at it i hit myself on the arm. When its really bad i cut myself. last cutting about a week ago

• Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NeverEnder

Jun 15, 2010
New York City
✟15,202.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
It has been approximately 6-months since I self-injured.

This was right around the time I began a new medication named Haldol; I honestly believe this medication is at least partially responsible for me not hurting myself.

Haldol was prescribed to me because my Doctor believed I have Borderline Personality Disorder, also, and thought this would help with the symptoms. One of the symptoms is self-injury.

-Matthew-

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
It has been approximately 6-months since I self-injured.

This was right around the time I began a new medication named Haldol; I honestly believe this medication is at least partially responsible for me not hurting myself.

Haldol was prescribed to me because my Doctor believed I have Borderline Personality Disorder, also, and thought this would help with the symptoms. One of the symptoms is self-injury.

-Matthew-

I would say since late 2011. Although the remaining scars are still visible :/ Really wish I would have chose a different path then..

That's great, both of you :)
Keep going - you're a great encouragement!!

• Prayers
Upvote 0