• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

How long since you last self injured? (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitedove7

Dec 21, 2004
United States
Visit site
✟1,344.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
For me it has been 4 years and I praise God! I learned I really had self hatred and a lot of deep emotional pain and had to deal with those issues and when I did and learned to love who I am, then I was not so compelled to cut myself.

I also had to forgive those who hurt me over the years. When I forgave those people from my heart, the pain left. I learned that unforgiveness holds that pain in place. It was a process and many times would see those events and had to continue to forgive some people for each event to undo the bondage unforgiveness put me in.

I had to start loving who I am. I would look in the mirror and tell myself "I'm a gorgeous hunk of dust." I started to believe it and you know it helped? I started loving me and learned to ignore those old tapes that told me I was no good, ugly, etc. I started believing God's word for me that I'm made in His image, I'm unique and loved with an everlasting love. It took time but it has been two years now and I'm so grateful I stopped.

Again, I'm so thankful for not self-injuring myself.

It all started when someone told me about a book called "A More Excellent Way, by Henry Wright." I read it and then went to a study group and then went to Georgia for a week long seminar of teaching and ministry and I came out a changed person. I would recommend this to anyone who would like to be free.

I know I'm getting too wordy but I'm just so happy to say I don't do these things any more. If you still do, don't give up. Find a good program to help you get free that is God based.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Soulwings

A true original.
Apr 7, 2003
Northeastern USA.
✟25,389.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Keep it up, my beautiful girls!! You all are doing so very well and you keep amazing me with your strength! I wish that I was as persevering as you all are and have been.

:hug::hug: Ari, you've come so far! Remember when you thought you couldn't make it past three days?

And Robyn, Kath, and Aredhel - you're doing so well. You're all so strong - keep hanging in there! :hug:

:hug: Tn. You keep hanging in there too, my wonderful friend!

:hug: Whitedove, thank you so much for your encouraging words!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

katylees

Kaaaaty
Sep 13, 2003
bromsgrove/cardiff UK
Visit site
✟16,339.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
2 days.. *sigh* sorry

Soulwings - you are doing SO so well. I'm really proud of you.

Kathleen - Well done, 10 days is a long time

holyOne - Well done too. 3 days is very good :hug:

TN.. 30 days .. wow nice going :)

Proud of everyone of you. Keep strong. keep fighting

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.