How important is physical attraction when considering marriage?

Hermit76

You can call me Paisios
Site Supporter
Jun 5, 2015
✟291,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't understand the double standard he was pushing. Whatever woman chooses us is settling for someone below average.

It reminds me of the survey which found that 80% of men consider themselves better than average drivers.
I am a better than average driver.

Upvote 0

GreekOrthodox

Psalti Chrysostom
Oct 25, 2010
Yorktown VA
✟183,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I am a better than average driver.

"Well, that's the news from Lake Wobegon, where all the women are strong, all the men are good-looking, and all the children are above average."

Upvote 0

YCGP

Apr 29, 2016
Canada
✟31,014.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Relationships don't end from a lack of love, they end from a lack of attraction.

But here's the deal.

It's not her looks that you find attractive. It's the state she's in. That's right, the mental, physical emotional state she's in, and that you're in too which makes her attracted to you.

The thing that makes relationships passionate is really the polar energies: masculine and feminine.

There are three things you can each do to create the passion and keep the attraction going, therefore the relationship going:

For her, don't let her feel unseen (most women cheat because they feel unseen); don't let her feel not understood (we can't understand, so just empathize); don't let her feel unsafe (give her your presence, this means be calm in your presence too!)

For you, she can't let you feel criticized or coach (many women don't know they're criticizing, they think they're coaching but both are no-no. If she criticizes once she's wrong); she can't close off to you (she will lose her radiance and become masculine); she can't control you (men hate themselves when they're being controlled.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,025,029.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums