How does the Holy Spirit communicate with you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glenda

More, Lord.. More of You..
Sep 22, 2005
United States
Visit site
✟76,316.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In dreams.. and in a small voice.. in books.. in music..

One Saturday night, I woke up twice.. hearing Take up you cross & follow me..

The next morning, Sunday morning, I was telling my hubby about it.. I started my e-sword Bible.. & the "random" verse that popped up was Matthew 16:24..

Mat 16:24 Then Jesus told his disciples, "If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.

Not very random to me.. :amen:

Upvote 0

krisMuzik

May 9, 2007
✟7,966.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Private
Yes God has spoken to me in an audible voice once. It was when I first began my walk with Him. He spoke four words to me.

God is definitely real. Not because He spoke to me in an audible voice altho that's pretty BIG in itself, but because if we just look around and truly take the time to feel Him, we can.

Thanks for the thread.

:thumbsup: kris~

Upvote 0

christianmomof3

pursuing Christ
Apr 12, 2005
in Christ
✟25,915.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sometimes I have prayed about something and felt like it was ok with the Lord to do it, but not really known why, but later after I had done it, I saw why the Lord wanted me to do that and it was quite obvious. Other times, I have prayed and asked Him to spak to me and speak through me and I have spoken and what I said was not my words or thoughts, but His. Honestly, that is a bit suprising when it happens, but it is always confirmed by other members of the Body.

Upvote 0

krisMuzik

May 9, 2007
✟7,966.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Private
Oh lol also 222.

(check out my thread above this one-last edited at 12:22)

interesting huh?

and I know it's not coincidence because I have been seeing all these numbers way too much (for years now-4 years or so; everyday) and I also do know that God uses and works with numbers alot.

If someone could shed some some light for me on this, I would greatly appreciate it.

I have found a few things out on it, but i want to hear what someone else has to say on this. tkx.

Gb
kris~

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mrslisae

Senior Veteran
Nov 7, 2006
Still in the South
✟11,389.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Holy Spirit speaks to me through just about every way imaginable. I've heard an audible voice, I've seen visions, I have dreams quite often, songs, poetry, movies, prophesy...There's probably more but I just can't list them all. Its an almost constant open communication and it can be very tiring. When I receive visions or dreams of bad things happening, I feel its my call to prayer..

Upvote 0

SharonL

Senior Veteran
Oct 15, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟23,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The HOly Spirit will speak in a still small voice, in visions, in thoughts that you know are not your thoughts.

I'll give you an example - the other night the LOrd woke me up about 3:00 and told me I needed to break the assignment against my daughter.

Well to me that was a curse - I thought on it and thought on it - I ask for confirmation - the confirmation came to me as "Would you have called it an assignment?" - the answer was no I would never have spoken of it as an assignment - I would have called it a curse - so I knew that it was from the Holy Spirit.

I was able to pray with my daughter and break the assignment from her life.

When I hear something that I think is from the Lord - I ask for confirmation if I am not sure.

My way of praying is asking God if He has a word for a person - if He has a Word - it comes out as a poem for that person - you can see many of them here:
http://diamondsfromheaven.com

Sometimes a verse will jump out at you as an answer to a prayer. There are many ways you will hear God's voice. The more you pray and listen - the easier it gets.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pilgrimgal

Jeremiah 29:11 It's good!
Apr 9, 2006
USA
✟25,368.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
For me it is usually a combination of things: scriptures, guidance from other Christians, prayer, circumstances and just a sense of peace about a certain path. All which I call confirmations. And, of course, time is the true test of discernment. I give it time and don't just act in haste.

Sometimes it has been a bit more dramatic..just short of hearing something audibly...but it is like it came from out of the blue..I just know something is right or wrong..or a certain scripture will really speak to me (in my mind) louder than usual. And when I pray sometimes I feel I hear (in my thoughts) the Lord answering a question I ask...

It is always a walk in faith though...at least for me. And it must never contradict the scriptures or I know it is not of God right away.

Upvote 0

Giver

Sep 12, 2005
USA - North Carolina
✟8,112.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Others
Jesus speaks to me in words. The Holy Spirit tells me things by just letting me know, no words, but I just know. Also the Holy Spirit/Jesus has for a long time used the gift of tongues to teach me. I will have a question for Jesus and will speak a tongue and my wife will have the interpretation of the tongue, which will be the answer to my question. I have had visions, but they were of Jesus teaching and scolding me, now here I really don’t know if it is Jesus or the Holy Spirit. Jesus always seems more human. What I mean is he seem to come to me as my father would or like a friend. He is personable, asked to be invited or will joke with me.

For the last ten years or so Jesus/Holy Spirit just seem to put thoughts, words and ideas in to me.

I have heard Jesus speak to me audibly, but this was in the very first year of my ministry

Upvote 0

Godslilgurlalways

I am a Child of the King:)
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2005
Earth now heaven later
✟67,365.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
The holy spirit has communicated with me in quite a few different ways.By laying things upon my heart, talking to me,in visions, in songs/music, in poems, giving me the words to say to write poems.Also he has placed songs upon my heart there are times like a few days ago. It was like I actually had the song playing while I was sleep but it wasn't it was like I could hear every word in the song the music and all.

But he communicats with us all in some way some just haven't ralize how and in which way yet:)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.