Tins the Chocoholic
Apr 4, 2004
Hugging a cat and eating chocolate
✟105,520.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hubby got a vasectomy when he was 22...just a few months before we got married. We knew, and know, that we don't want biological children for so very many reasons. We were blessed with a doctor who not only was willing to do the surgery on someone so young, but also did it at an extremely good rate, and was very thorough and clean with his work.

Upvote 0

Audiomechanic

^ My Name | v Things I say
Dec 16, 2005
Katy, TX
✟10,234.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Waiting was less an issue of "unless you're really really convincing" and more of "I at least owe it to both my parents, all my other family, and basically everyone I've ever known to wait until I'm 25 or so." I'm positive right now that I'll never want kids, but the overwhelming pressure of everyone else's view caused me to err on the side of caution even if just for appearances sake.

Ah, I see, I see. You could always get it done and not tell anyone. Not like it's their business anyway.

Upvote 0

Umaro

Senior Veteran
Dec 22, 2006
✟13,505.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Ah, I see, I see. You could always get it done and not tell anyone. Not like it's their business anyway.

Yeah, I always could, but that would bother me. I'm a man of my word if anything (at least I'm trying my best to be), and I respect their opinion too much to do that, even if I think they're wrong.

Upvote 0

They rally 'round the family
Feb 23, 2008
✟12,217.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, I always could, but that would bother me. I'm a man of my word if anything (at least I'm trying my best to be), and I respect their opinion too much to do that, even if I think they're wrong.

Yeah, and imagine the party. Turning 25 will be like turning 21!

Step 1: You get wasted
Step 2: You get snipped
Step 3: The Hangover Part II

Upvote 0

Umaro

Senior Veteran
Dec 22, 2006
✟13,505.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Yeah, and imagine the party. Turning 25 will be like turning 21!

Step 1: You get wasted
Step 2: You get snipped
Step 3: The Hangover Part II

Sounds like a great way for the universe to give me the finger for trying to circumvent evolution. I'll throw my party after getting the all clear a couple months after the snip. :p

Upvote 0

Audiomechanic

^ My Name | v Things I say
Dec 16, 2005
Katy, TX
✟10,234.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Just don't end up with a hematoma like I did. Wasn't the doctor's fault or a fault in the surgery. Just how my body reacted to it. My...."Stuff" was swollen and painful for about 3 weeks. :(

That was about 3 years ago now. All good since then! :D

Upvote 0