Arcadia
✟197,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Many believe that they do not know if they are SAVED ?

#2 Many say that they have been water baptized , so they are saved ?

#3 And I have heard them say that they are Sanctified

#4 And some do believe , that going to Church , protects them , so they believe that they are OK

#5 Some do not care , so what ?

So , can anyone , have a verse that explains HOW you know use are SAVED TODAY ??

DAN P

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

#4 And some do believe , that going to Church , protects them , so they believe that they are OK

So , can anyone , have a verse that explains HOW you know use are SAVED TODAY ??

DAN P

One never knows for certain.

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified.

2Co 13:5 Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless indeed you are disqualified.

When a person becomes disqualified no one runs out and blows a whistle.

Upvote 0

Ivan Hlavanda

Mar 27, 2020
York
✟84,331.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Either Christ is the perfect substitue for our sins, thus satisfyimg God's wrath, or He is not. I doubt about many things, but I am assured for Christ done for me on the cross.

Water baptism does nothing if one does not truly have faith in God. As Lord says in John 3 one has to be born again. So it is the baptism of the Holy Spirit that saves. Anyone can get water baptized, but we are not saved by deeds but by faith.
Justification happens the moment God says you are forgiven, santification then it's the whole life, untip we are with the Lord.

“Not every one that said to Me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that does the will of My Father which is in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, and in Your name have cast out devils, and in Your name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess to them, I never knew you: depart from Me, you that work iniquity” (Matthew 7:21–23).

Again, anyone can come the Church, but unless one believes in the gospel of Jesus Christ they will perish.

What good is it to God that we come to Church, that we praise and worship Him when we do not obey? He requires love and obedience.

The only sin of salvation is the Holy Spirit. Galatians 5 22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

See anything can be faked, but the fruits of the Holy Spirit can't.

Upvote 0

concretecamper

Member of His Church
Nov 23, 2013
PA
✟275,414.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

DAN P
#1 if you are not baptized with water and spirit, don't progress to #2.
#2 if you don't eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His Blood, don't progress to #3.
#3 if you don't listen to the Church you're heading south.

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
If you believe that, Our Lord and Savior sacrificed for nothing.

Actually, no. He sacrificed himself so that we would have forgiveness for our previous sins. Afterwards we are to "go, and sin no more", just like he told everyone whose sins he forgave.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

concretecamper

Member of His Church
Nov 23, 2013
PA
✟275,414.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Actually, no. He sacrificed himself so that we would have forgiveness for our previous sins. Afterwards we are to "go, and sin no more", just like he told everyone whose sins he forgave.
That has nothing to do with what I responded to. Thank you.

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟324,175.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

DAN P
God, alone, knows with 100% certainty whose names are written in the Book of Life and whose are not. The rest is just talk. But if, by turning to Him in faith, we begin to love well, as He does, and as only fellowship with Him can accomplish in us, with fruit accompanying, then we can have a strong assurance that we're children of His.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

DAN P
Baptism don't save anyone (to think so would be a work) ... it's our outward public confession of what has taken place inside ... acceptance of Christ as our Lord and saviour.

Sanctification is the work of the Lord through the Holy Spirit and is continuous throughout our earthly lives ... we will stumble here and there but are assured and believe Jesus will finish His work

Going to church don't save a person .... Jesus does.

Salvation is a gift .... and when we ask the Lord to come into our life ... we accept that gift and he continues to sanctify us throughout our earthly lives.

We believe in all the promises made by God and that He will keep them. (faith)

Philippians 1:6 New Living Translation (NLT)And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his (sanctifying) work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns.

Faith .... believing all the promises of God .... and I do believe them.

Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟164,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican

DAN P

I received an answer from heaven. It was a personal experience.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And reading it as a whole, we know that the fruits that should come from believing in Him are a major part of the reason we are not condemned.
Here is a good verse to remember in Gal 3:29 where we see the GREEK word ARE // ESTE which is in the Greek PRESENT TENSE , INDICATIVE MOOD which means it is a fact , and in the PLURAL'

ALL // PAS is in the NOMINATIVE CASE , means it is the SUBJECT , in the Plural

ONE // EIS also in the NOMINATIVE CASE , in the SINULAR

Christ // Christos , in the DATIVE CASE , in the SINGULAR .

Here is another one in Rom 8:16 and reads ,

The Spirit HIMSELF // AUTOS is a PERSONAL POSSESSIVE PRONOUN , in the NOMINATIVE CASE , in the SINULAR , in thr NEUTER which means Males and Females .

BEARETH WITNESS // SYMMARTYREO in the PRESENT TENSE , ACTIVE VOICE , in the INDICATIVE MOOD , means it is a FACT in the SLINULAR .

WITH OUR // HEMON , is PERSONAL POSSESSIVE PRONOUN in the PLURAL ''

SPIRIT // PNEUMA in the DATIVE CASE in the SINULAR and is NEUTER

WE ARE // ESMEN , PRESENT TENSEN , INDICATIVE MOOD , in the PLURAL

THE CHILDREN // TEKNON in the NONINATIVE CASE , in the PLURAL and in the NEUTER .

OF GOD // THEOS , in the GENITIVE CASE , in the SINGULAR .

Just write about one that many have not READ in Rom 12:3 and is one of the best //

Therefor , I make known to you , that no one speaking by God's SIRIT says Jesus is ACCURED and no one is ABLE to say LORD JESUS , EXCEPT by the Holy Spirit .

The is why Rom 10:8 The word id NEAR YOU , in your MOUTH , and in your Heart VERSE 10 , That if you should CONFESS with your mouth the Lord Jesus , and should believe in your HEART that God raised Him from the DEAD , you will be SAVED .

dan p

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟324,175.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Here is a good verse to remember in Gal 3:29 where we see the GREEK word ARE // ESTE which is in the Greek PRESENT TENSE , INDICATIVE MOOD which means it is a fact , and in the PLURAL'

The Spirit HIMSELF // AUTOS is a PERSONAL POSSESSIVE PRONOUN , in the NOMINATIVE CASE , in the SINULAR , in thr NEUTER which means Males and Females .

BEARETH WITNESS // SYMMARTYREO in the PRESENT TENSE , ACTIVE VOICE , in the INDICATIVE MOOD , means it is a FACT in the SLINULAR .

THE CHILDREN // TEKNON in the NONINATIVE CASE , in the PLURAL and in the NEUTER .

Just write about one that many have not READ in Rom 12:3 and is one of the best //

Therefor , I make known to you , that no one speaking by God's SIRIT says Jesus is ACCURED and no one is ABLE to say LORD JESUS , EXCEPT by the Holy Spirit .

The is why Rom 10:8 The word id NEAR YOU , in your MOUTH , and in your Heart VERSE 10 , That if you should CONFESS with your mouth the Lord Jesus , and should believe in your HEART that God raised Him from the DEAD , you will be SAVED .

dan p
Oh wow. The early churches and most ECFs read Koine Greek and must've missed all that somehow. Either way faith is much more than professing and even about believing. It's about entering into a union with God that we were made for and which we're lost without and which will produce fruit leading to salvation to the extent that we remain in Him. Faith without such fruit, such works, such obedience, such love, to put it best, perhaps, is dead, worthless, nothing.

Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟763,813.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

dan p
Why are you misspelling words? Does that help your argument somehow?

Upvote 0