Jul 5, 2005
Northern California
Visit site
✟385.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I connect with Him by trying to do what I can to help others :)

I think we all have an obligation as human beings (whether Christian or not) to lend a helping hand to each other as much as possible. I feel connected with God when I do those things.

Thanks Kit Kat! Integrating more service to others can help us feel closer to Him.

Upvote 0

sk8brdkd

Audio A Sk8er
Feb 25, 2006
Wayne
Visit site
✟73,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I am trying to get ideas on how to connect or spend time with God. For instance, prayer, worship, meditation, journaling, prayer journals, devotionals, reading the Bible, 12 steps, workbooks, etc. Any other ideas or things you do?

Prayer.

Also, by serving/helping others whether it's a family member, friend, co-worker or whomever.

Many times people can tell there's something different about you just by the way you treat them. And, sometimes they can tell just by the way you talk.

A few weeks ago I was at the mall w/ a friend and we ran into this guy that neither of us knew, we started talking to him and, after a few minutes, the guy was like, so, do you go to church? I said yes and asked him how he knew. He said, he could just sense it. But, he also was a Christian (which i honestly would never have guessed about him).

Anyways, a way you can draw closer to God is by helping and serving those who are less fortunate or by helping a friend out w/ something.

I've found that by serving others, that is the best way for me to draw closer or feel closer to God. And you know, when you're helping or w/ these people, you can also pray for them.

Another way you can maybe not so much connect w/ God but, a way you can bless others is whenever you are driving on the road/highways or, whenever you are walking, whenever you pass a car (or, they pass you), or walk by someone, say a quick 1-2 second prayer for that person so, even though you don't know them and will probably never meet them, you are supporting and lifting them up in prayer and in turn, your relationship/faith in God is increasing and God will bless you for doing that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sk8brdkd

Audio A Sk8er
Feb 25, 2006
Wayne
Visit site
✟73,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
:thumbsup:

Becoming The Archetype, Fit For a King, Demon Hunter, etc.

If someone pours their heart into it with the desire to glorify God, it is praise/worship.

i normally like heavy metal music but for me the only christian groups i get anything out of to glorify God are demon hunter and sleeping giant. I've never actually heard of fit for a king so will have to check them out.

Upvote 0

sk8brdkd

Audio A Sk8er
Feb 25, 2006
Wayne
Visit site
✟73,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I am trying to get ideas on how to connect or spend time with God. For instance, prayer, worship, meditation, journaling, prayer journals, devotionals, reading the Bible, 12 steps, workbooks, etc. Any other ideas or things you do?

although u may not think this idea will help you connect w/ God, believe me it does.

Have you ever tried writing a grief journal?

Meaning, you write down all the "bad" times you had growing up before you became a Christian and then explain in the grief journal, how you got led to Christ and the troubles or frustrations you had after you became a Christian. You should add any like super difficult times you went thru and how God brought you thru and incorporate different things like that in your journal.

I had to write a grief journal in school and at the time, we were forced to hand our grief journals in and our small group leader also read them and we were forced to talk about the more difficult times out loud w/ our groups and although it was hard, the people were very supportive bc everyone's story is different but, thru the grief journal, it was a way for all of us to connect w/ God in a different way.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sk8brdkd

Audio A Sk8er
Feb 25, 2006
Wayne
Visit site
✟73,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I also have another suggestion which goes along w/ the class i took w/ this grief journal. With the class, we also went on a retreat where the prof had a special spot picked out for each of us. The spot my prof chose for me was this cave like area. We were alone and I was outside alone for 6 hours but, during that 6 hours, i re-read some papers that my prof gave me because it was a few months b4 then that I lost my dog. Had to put him to sleep that is n for me that was the most difficult time i had ever experienced and during that quiet time on the retreat, I read what my prof gave me and in a strange way, I felt at peace w/ my dog's death. Although i was still grieving him, i also felt connected to God bc I felt/believed that God was taking good care of him (Teddy) and it was a way for me to connect w/ God in a different way.

Have you ever tried taking a retreat w/ your church or a small group?

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
This year I've been being a friend to people with the thought in mind that if I did it to one of these I have done it unto God. Its been an amazing year. As I've friended a lot of people I started receiving all the words of affirmation. Then the spirit of God spoke to me that just as my being a friend to people was as if I'd been a friend to God, so their kind words of affirmation was God speaking back to me.

WOW did I feel blessed.

Upvote 0

Andres88

Contributor
Feb 7, 2008
Santo Domingo
✟25,823.00
Country
Dominican Republic
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
  • Liturgy of the Hours
  • Reading and meditating the Scriptures
  • Rosary
  • Mass
  • Short prayers through the day
  • Moments of silence
  • A "longer" prayer time either in the morning or at night
  • Talking with others about Jesus
  • Spiritual direction

Upvote 0

MJ Bond

Apr 19, 2012
✟18,284.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I find that I connect with Father mostly when I find things that move me. In short, find what moves you to tears and what you feel most affected by, aside from your own life and situation. Find a cause that you just feel you have to do something about. Then you find healing and motivation, and the strength to be happier.

Upvote 0