tiredwalker

Veteran
Sep 21, 2006
✟18,633.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I would have no problem with her wearing a really cute little bikini that was very old fashion, but to be honest, the bathing suits I've seen at stores look like smaller versions of what teens wear for sex appeal. NO!

Also, dd is glowing white and burns after 30 minutes with 50 spf, so we stick to the cover alls and just have fun :)

Upvote 0

ChildByGrace

Isn't God's grace the best !!!
Jul 22, 2005
Bournemouth
✟16,228.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
So far I have only put dd in a one piece. I don't think a bikini would be practical at her age at all.
I don't think I'll be looking a bikinis for a good few years yet.
Most of the 1 pieces in the uk seem to be fairly good-none that I have looked at have been too small

Upvote 0

Matariki

Love the Lord with all your heart, soul and MIND
Jan 24, 2011
New Zealand
✟8,620.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm not a parent myself, but I do understand the concerns.
I personally don't see it as offensive (I work as an artist, so I do life drawing and used to seeing individuals nude, and I am also a human biology student training to become a medical practitioner) because I don't look at people in a sexual manner, but In my years as working as an artist, it has disturbed me how many people do and unfortunately children on a daily basis are exposed to it.

So yes, be on the defense but please don't let it hinder you child to do things such as swimming, kids need that as a part of healthy development.

I think a better option for a toddler would be a one piece wet suit or rash vest with board shorts. Something that will cover the figure but not be too weighty on the body.

Upvote 0

lucypevensie

Not drinking the kool-aid
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2002
WI
✟1,777,202.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have not forbidden my DD (she's 13 now) from wearing 2 piece suits but I do teach her modesty. She has owned a couple bikinis, but she only wears them when swimming "privately" - like if it's just her and one cousin. For public swimming and swim lessons she always chooses her one-piece.

As far as modest swimwear goes, I'd prefer regular swimwear over those ultra-modest swimming dresses with skirts below the knee and sleeves to the elbow. I think you'd draw more attention to yourself by looking like an "oddball" than by just wearing a regular suit.

Upvote 0

angelsamongus

Daughter of the Most Holy
Apr 14, 2008
Minnesota
✟8,156.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think a two piece with a longer top and shorts bottoms is better than some one pieces. I have scene one pieces that are to big on the girl and her little parts are showing. So If I have a girl it's going to be a snug fit (nothing showing no matter how active the child gets) one piece or a two piece with longer top (to belly button) and shorts bottoms.
I don't know where your from but here's a good example of one from wal mart. com
Walmart.com: Baby Girls' 2-piece Boyleg Swimsuit: Clothing

Upvote 0

Singermom

Jul 20, 2010
✟9,298.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think a two piece with a longer top and shorts bottoms is better than some one pieces. I have scene one pieces that are to big on the girl and her little parts are showing. So If I have a girl it's going to be a snug fit (nothing showing no matter how active the child gets) one piece or a two piece with longer top (to belly button) and shorts bottoms.
I don't know where your from but here's a good example of one from wal mart. com
Walmart.com: Baby Girls' 2-piece Boyleg Swimsuit: Clothing

Yes! Now THAT is a cute, appropriate swimsuit!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
C

CelticRose

One pieces that look like short wet suits. They keep the UV out too. Now mine are teens they choose rashies & boardies ~ yes, even my girls. There have been some extremely unsavoury incidences at public swimming venues involving small children & those in the *sexiest* or skimpiest suits seem to be the ones most targeted. I wouldn't do bikinis in private either but that's a personal preference.

Upvote 0

CrystalBrooke

I'm almost positive I don't care what you think
Jun 16, 2004
Tennessee
Visit site
✟19,777.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I usually just let Emily pick her bathing suit..I have no qualms with 2 pieces, they're easier to take her to potty in than a 1 piece..other than that, I see no other pros or cons to either type. That being said, her past couple of swim suits have been 1 pieces.

Upvote 0

fishfish

Feb 1, 2011
✟15,158.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
you cant be worried about a peado being behind every bush and corner,it will damage yer child as much as anything,if in public pool then yes a bathing suit is best ,i wouldnt bother with a top for a pre-pubecent girl though,my boys wear just swim trunks and if in the river they go naked.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums