Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
God's nature/character is best described as Love. Not a love like we know and understand but a love perfect in itself. Perfect in patience... perfect in righteousness... perfect in truth... perfect in justice... perfect in compassion... perfect in order... perfect in love.

It is a character that we cannot fathom, cannot understand... and fail miserably in trying to reflect... only through the life of Jesus, as revealed in the Bible, can we know and experience this love for ourselves. Only in Him, through the Father, can we receive of His character... His Spirit.

He is to be desired for His Love... the love He has for us is limitless, infinite... without merit or reason. A love that will never end but continue to grow throughout eternity. A love that is freely there for the taking if you will follow Him.

Upvote 0

maco

May 6, 2007
✟2,776.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God's nature/character is best described as Love. Not a love like we know and understand but a love perfect in itself. Perfect in patience... perfect in righteousness... perfect in truth... perfect in justice... perfect in compassion... perfect in order... perfect in love.

It is a character that we cannot fathom, cannot understand... and fail miserably in trying to reflect... only through the life of Jesus, as revealed in the Bible, can we know and experience this love for ourselves. Only in Him, through the Father, can we receive of His character... His Spirit.

He is to be desired for His Love... the love He has for us is limitless, infinite... without merit or reason. A love that will never end but continue to grow throughout eternity. A love that is freely there for the taking if you will follow Him.

Thanks ECR but I think I didn't explain my question very well. I was referring to how one explains or teaches the Godhead, in other words, Trinity, Oneness or Unitarianism. This is not a debate thread, it's just a thread to get and idea how people explain what they believe the Godhead is.

Upvote 0

maco

May 6, 2007
✟2,776.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So instead of this revealing what the Word says about God's nature, we are going to play a Q & A to speculate on these things.... nice.

Do you really think that's what I meant? I have enough Scripture in my head to take about and compare. Even when Scripture is quoted people can't come to an agreement so this is just a simple discussion on how others explain the Godhead.

Upvote 0

joeb32

Apr 12, 2015
✟15,179.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
Do you really think that's what I meant? I have enough Scripture in my head to take about and compare. Even when Scripture is quoted people can't come to an agreement so this is just a simple discussion on how others explain the Godhead.

I took your thread in the same way. Why? You wanted to discuss the nature of God without using the Scriptures. I simply don't see how that is possible, at least not in any way that searches for truth.... Without scripture all we have is personal opinion, and we all know how much that is worth in the search for truth.

Upvote 0