How do you date a girl from halfway around the world?

Gabe7

Apr 1, 2011
✟1,885.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
OH myyyyy..how many girlfriends do you have and girls are you interested in?

Stop like, pursuing them all, like it seems you are through all these threads, figure out who you really have an interest in, and *then* pursue...things get ugly otherwise..

Most of them come to me. All of them come to me. I'm just getting to know people. Nothing serious is going on, despite what some of them might want. I think women are attracted to men who aren't easy. Or maybe the light in your eyes from the Holy Spirit residing in your soul attracts people who seek something real in their lives.

Upvote 0
M

Marycita

Most of them come to me. All of them come to me. I'm just getting to know people. Nothing serious is going on, despite what some of them might want. I think women are attracted to men who aren't easy. Or maybe the light in your eyes from the Holy Spirit residing in your soul attracts people who seek something real in their lives.
I still stand by my first post....

Upvote 0

Daedalus^2

Jan 19, 2011
Home
✟1,100.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
OH myyyyy..how many girlfriends do you have and girls are you interested in?

Stop like, pursuing them all, like it seems you are through all these threads, figure out who you really have an interest in, and *then* pursue...things get ugly otherwise..

1000000% times this.

And as for them coming to you - seriously?

Upvote 0

Daedalus^2

Jan 19, 2011
Home
✟1,100.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You'll have to help me with this. Everyone is different and they all have special things about them that make them extraordinary people to be with. How can I be expected to choose one over all the others?

Fine, if you can't choose, be a Mormon.

/problem

Upvote 0

Gabe7

Apr 1, 2011
✟1,885.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
1000000% times this.

And as for them coming to you - seriously?

Yeah.

When I was younger it was not like this at all. I actually gave up on women for awhile and focused on myself. Now things are changing since I felt like talking to women again and its different than it used to be.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

broken_one

Fear is but something to be overcome.
Jun 5, 2008
✟22,438.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Keeping your options open I don't think is a bad thing. Multiple commitments....well, that's a bit wrong. :sorry:

As for me, if I was dating a girl from halfway around the world, I would do everything in my human and quasi-divine power (secret faith power) to make it work. Everything, in all its totality. Everything.

Upvote 0

Daedalus^2

Jan 19, 2011
Home
✟1,100.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yeah.

When I was younger it was not like this at all. I actually gave up on women for awhile and focused on myself. Now things are changing since I felt like talking to women again and its different than it used to be.

Right - so where's your focus on God? Seriously dude - it's less about focussing on yourself, about finding yourself a hot women or any of that, it's about focusing on God and walking in His plans.

Upvote 0
M

Marycita

You'll have to help me with this. Everyone is different and they all have special things about them that make them extraordinary people to be with. How can I be expected to choose one over all the others?
Then the last thing you need to be doing, sir, is dating anyone...

as of right now, it seems as if you don't know what you want, but just *that* you want..

take time to be by yourself and with God and let Him let you know what you need to look for in a spouse...

after you do that, it won't be like choosing, because you'll just know what kind of girl you should pursue....

but please, for the love of all that's good and holy, do not be one of those guys who likes and pursues like, every girl..I've been on the receiving end of such and it's just....not pretty at all....

Upvote 0

Gabe7

Apr 1, 2011
✟1,885.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Right - so where's your focus on God? Seriously dude - it's less about focussing on yourself, about finding yourself a hot women or any of that, it's about focusing on God and walking in His plans.

My focus is on treating the other people correctly. Some of them are more attractive than others but none of them are what I would consider hot. These are broken people who are looking for attention, acceptance and love.

Upvote 0

Daedalus^2

Jan 19, 2011
Home
✟1,100.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My focus is on treating the other people correctly. Some of them are more attractive than others but none of them are what I would consider hot. These are broken people who are looking for attention, acceptance and love.

That's not really an answer, as such - where's your focus on God?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gabe7

Apr 1, 2011
✟1,885.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Okay, let me rephrase this - where does that focus fit within your personal relationship with God?

While faith without works is dead, works without faith is just work.

Are you questioning my salvation? Or are you wondering why I don't pray instead of asking people who might have the answers I'm looking for?

Upvote 0

Gabe7

Apr 1, 2011
✟1,885.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Did I scare you off Daedalus? If your question was about prayer you had a good point. When I pray I pray for God's will as Jesus instructed us. Then I accept God's will. If God wants me to have answers he will give them in his time or I can 'hoof it' and find them from people he has placed in my life.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,249.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
There is this one girl who keeps talking to me and if she doesn't stop I'm afraid I might end up spanning the globe to meet her, woo her and marry her. What would be the Christian way to do such a thing?
Dude, for all you know, she's really a man who wants to make you into his next basement gimp.

Upvote 0