how do you choose right Church ?

Apr 11, 2011
✟7,680.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello

As a child my family " belonged " to Anglican Church. As a child I attended Sunday School in Methodist, Baptist basically anywhere that had Sunday School. This was something that as children we were sent to for no other reason than it was the thing children did on Sundays

Over the years I have went to services on a number of different Churches , some for 1 week and some for a few months but have never acually " belonged " to any Church.

Each Church has things about it that I enjoy and things I did not like. I just do not know what I want in a Church, I enjoy the Pentecostal Church but maybe just because of my upbringing the tradition of the Anglican Church seems like the right one although apart from funerals I have not been to Anglican for about 25 years.

How do people choose a Church if they come to God in later life ( 40's) It is so hard.

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Welcome friend. Properly one doesn't choose a church. A true believer in the Lord Jesus Christ becomes part of the church by faith and the new birth (see John 3). What one should then be looking for is a truly scriptural assembly of believers who hold only to the Word of God ---not traditions, innovations, rituals, programs, entertainment, etc. I hope in your quest for God, you have come to know the Lord Jesus (read John 14 about that).

Well, just ask if you have questions, friend, and many will try to help here. Look up always! Feel free to write me anytime.

- 1 Watchman

Upvote 0
Apr 11, 2011
✟7,680.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Welcome friend. Properly one doesn't choose a church. A true believer in the Lord Jesus Christ becomes part of the church by faith and the new birth (see John 3). What one should then be looking for is a truly scriptural assembly of believers who hold only to the Word of God ---not traditions, innovations, rituals, programs, entertainment, etc. I hope in your quest for God, you have come to know the Lord Jesus (read John 14 about that).

Well, just ask if you have questions, friend, and many will try to help here. Look up always! Feel free to write me anytime.

- 1 Watchman

thanks for taking the time to reply

Upvote 0

GarrickBrewer

Prayer Warrior
Sep 12, 2010
Winchendon Massachusetts
✟15,465.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
You know there are very in depth surveys you can take online to help find out what denomination your beleifs fit most with, from there you could try and find one that is near you, go a week or two, and if you dont like it try another one.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is such a thing as a scriptrual church fellowship in the world. One can see it in reading Acts 2:41-42 and in the Epistles. I see it today in the world at such a gathering as described at biblecounsel. homestead. com, but many Christians have ideas about the best place to join. We need to value "unity of the faith" and expressing the truth of "one body in Christ", and what we are told in Phil. 2:2 and Rom. 12, 1 Cor. 12, and Eph. 4, etc. Look up always, and ask God earnestly to show you what pleases Him.

It should not be about what we like, but what God intends for His testimony in the world.

- 1 Watchman

Upvote 0
Apr 11, 2011
✟7,680.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
than you all for taking the time to reply, Ifeel I have found the right Church for me, I look forward to going, have fellowship with members from this Church and when I needed somone to talk to after contacting the Pastor this morning at 9.30 to ask could he put me in touch with a fellow Christian to have a chat with he came tovisit me himself.

No presure from the Pastor but there if I need him. I have made a few fiends in this Churh, some I know before and some I have met through the Church,.

Upvote 0

kimmyh51

&quot ;liv i ng proof that god
Apr 23, 2011
✟15,224.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Ask the expert on churches....god..

OK just see that you have now found a church, glad to hear that- for anyone else who is in this situation, try god.... (Im told he knows a thing or two about churches LOL)

I am almost 40 (uuugh!) and new christian and I was brought up by athiest parents (churches at weddings and funerals thats all) but did sometimes go to an anglican church. Anyway I had looked and couldnt find one that looked right and also was too scared to walk into one by myself. So I prayed for one, and a couple of nights later 2 treasure hunters approached me from what is now my church for the last 5 or so months, and it was exactly what I asked for it to be when I prayed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums