BornAgainGrace414

Spiritual warrior
Dec 17, 2011
✟7,840.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
More specifically the OT is the Word of God?
Not doubting.. Just popped in mind before I ask the rest of my question.

I read the bible nightly, mostly different chapters through different parts of the NT.
I want a more structured, yet do-able way to read the bible without start to finish right away.
I get discouraged in some of the OT and sometimes wonder how it is connected or related to NT.

I am having problems lately recognizing God's voice. I'm not losing faith, just sometimes am wondering.
I pray for specific convictions sometimes and just cannot clearly identify.
Help?

:mmh:

BornAgainGrace414

Spiritual warrior
Dec 17, 2011
✟7,840.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well, in a way. I was prone to believe so since childhood, because it's in the bible. I was convicted by the Holy Spirit of my sins and lead to Jesus. Which lead me to start reading my bible for spiritual growth and answers.
I'm just wondering how it connects the two sometimes.

Upvote 0
D

day time

Well, in a way. I was prone to believe so since childhood, because it's in the bible. I was convicted by the Holy Spirit of my sins and lead to Jesus. Which lead me to start reading my bible for spiritual growth and answers.
I'm just wondering how it connects the two sometimes.
Hmm ... well hopefully God will answer that for you. I know that sounds kind of trite ... lol ... but if He does, perhaps you can share what He says and post about it :)

Upvote 0

dflogan77

Dec 7, 2011
✟15,163.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hmm ... well hopefully God will answer that for you. I know that sounds kind of trite ... lol ... but if He does, perhaps you can share what He says and post about it :)

Yeah that does sound trite!! What do you believe may I ask? You seem to spend alot of time responding to people's threads in the Christian Advice section with what I would call questionable intentions and a rude manner. Next time maybe consider helping the person instead of offering nothing and causing further doubts.

Upvote 0

Pal Handy

Irregular Member
Jun 15, 2011
Southeast Michigan
✟20,508.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
All the prophesies that have come to pass.
The most important of all is the promise of the Messiah that was
fulfilled in Jesus Christ.

On and on.....there is so much proof that you would have to be
blind or have an anti God agenda not see or simple to lie against
the supernatural imprint of God's word in the Holy Bible.

Upvote 0

Autumnleaf

Legend
Jun 18, 2005
✟33,297.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
All the prophesies that have come to pass.
The most important of all is the promise of the Messiah that was
fulfilled in Jesus Christ.

On and on.....there is so much proof that you would have to be
blind or have an anti God agenda not see or simple to lie against
the supernatural imprint of God's word in the Holy Bible.

Yabut the Jews disagree. They say Jesus was not the Messiah they were waiting for. They say they are still waiting for the Messiah.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
D

day time

Yeah that does sound trite!! What do you believe may I ask? You seem to spend alot of time responding to people's threads in the Christian Advice section with what I would call questionable intentions and a rude manner. Next time maybe consider helping the person instead of offering nothing and causing further doubts.
You're projecting ... if you have issue with me as a person overall, I'll participate in private PM if you like, but you sitting in a judge's seat over me in someone else's thread and in public isn't the place to do it I don't think.

Feel free to PM me anything on your mind and I'll respond.

Cool ?

Upvote 0

dflogan77

Dec 7, 2011
✟15,163.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You're projecting ... if you have issue with me as a person overall, I'll participate in private PM if you like, but you sitting in a judge's seat over me in someone else's thread and in public isn't the place to do it I don't think.

Feel free to PM me anything on your mind and I'll respond.

Cool ?

I really don't know you at all I'm just going by what you said. I feel it is right to question you out in the open as you have made these comments in the open. What do you mean by what you said? Your comment came across as extremely confusing to me. People are on here asking for advice and you have responded in a manner which I believe is not shedding any light on the matter. Firstly you say "Did God say it's his word". Then you say "Hmm ... well hopefully God will answer that for you. I know that sounds kind of trite ... lol ... but if He does, perhaps you can share what He says and post about it :) ". So I am asking you what is your personal belief on the matter, can you shed any light to help the OP out. If not do not offer advice.

Other's on here offered good advice telling the OP to study the New Testament first. For the record I believe the whole bible is God's divine word and yes some of it is a difficult pill to swallow but He is Almighty God and we are His creation, who are we to question his Authority.

Upvote 0

dflogan77

Dec 7, 2011
✟15,163.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How do you know men actually landed on the moon?

What has that got to do with OP's question? Are you trying to make the point that the Bible is a fabrication too?

"Yabut the Jews disagree. They say Jesus was not the Messiah they were waiting for. They say they are still waiting for the Messiah. "

So what is your take on this? Have you read the bible do you understand that God fordained that the Jews would reject and kill the Messiah when he arrived.

Upvote 0
D

day time

Concerning the OP ---

I asked what I did, because it's the most direct way of knowing. "Are those Jill's words ? Did Jill really say that ?"

"Well ... ask Jill. What did Jill say ?"

Placing your faith in what Jeff said, isn't the same as getting it from the source. Reading about what someone else said, that Jeff said, that Jill said ... isn't the same either.

They all require *faith*. Faith in Jeff, faith in Jeff's friend. Or maybe if you feel that Jeff is telling the truth, then you can have faith in your feeling.

But to *know* ... whether or not Jill said something, just ask Jill. And if you don't trust Jill, then find some evidence to support Jill's story lol.

Now, as far as who we are to question His authority ... I believe that God showed me personally that He loves it when I ask questions, and wants me to ask. The first time I did so, based on what I believed to be His voice .... i saw the evidence immediately. Ever since, I haven't been afraid to ask pretty much anything. Although I don't always get the answers I like to hear, my own personal experiences still rest on a faith, backed by experience ...

Concerning the Bible ... what I believe God has shown me, is "don't throw the words around". Whether every book is inspired, or there are some books left out, or this or that ... I've always gotten ambiguous responses from God, so I leave it at that. Occassionally I press for more, but I try not to go "beyond what is written" so to speak. I do believe, though, that spiritual beings recognize spiritual things ... the words of God, the moving of God in the world, etc and so forth ... and so if something is of God, and you are to see it, you'll pick up on it and recognize it. "My sheep hear my voice."

Sometimes I thrive for more though, obviously. I have had faith for a long time in what I recognize, but I have not seen God face to face yet, for example, that I know of. I have not been standing in heaven, that I know of ... I still have lots of questions I'd love answers to, and I want more. I'm not content to take other's words for it, not even my own on a lot of things. Some things ... yeah. But some things, no. The Bible question is kinda/sorta one of those things with me ... but I also don't mind ambiguity. I find ambiguity to be very powerful, actually, because it lets people choose things more freely and doesn't seal up a mystery when it's still being revealed on a personal level.

So when I asked ... I was asking to "compare notes". Whenever I've had God show me something personally, I also get "proof" eventually, and by that, I mean personal experience, revelation, and sometimes with others. I like people to be able to give proof, but I also would like to see God face to face ... so if someone has done that, I would like to know about it, for example.

As far as other generalized accusations, again ... PM. This isn't the place.

Upvote 0

dflogan77

Dec 7, 2011
✟15,163.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Concerning the OP ---

I asked what I did, because it's the most direct way of knowing. "Are those Jill's words ? Did Jill really say that ?"

"Well ... ask Jill. What did Jill say ?"

Placing your faith in what Jeff said, isn't the same as getting it from the source. Reading about what someone else said, that Jeff said, that Jill said ... isn't the same either.

They all require *faith*. Faith in Jeff, faith in Jeff's friend. Or maybe if you feel that Jeff is telling the truth, then you can have faith in your feeling.

But to *know* ... whether or not Jill said something, just ask Jill. And if you don't trust Jill, then find some evidence to support Jill's story lol.

Now, as far as who we are to question His authority ... I believe that God showed me personally that He loves it when I ask questions, and wants me to ask. The first time I did so, based on what I believed to be His voice .... i saw the evidence immediately. Ever since, I haven't been afraid to ask pretty much anything. Although I don't always get the answers I like to hear, my own personal experiences still rest on a faith, backed by experience ...

Concerning the Bible ... what I believe God has shown me, is "don't throw the words around". Whether every book is inspired, or there are some books left out, or this or that ... I've always gotten ambiguous responses from God, so I leave it at that. Occassionally I press for more, but I try not to go "beyond what is written" so to speak. I do believe, though, that spiritual beings recognize spiritual things ... the words of God, the moving of God in the world, etc and so forth ... and so if something is of God, and you are to see it, you'll pick up on it and recognize it. "My sheep hear my voice."

Sometimes I thrive for more though, obviously. I have had faith for a long time in what I recognize, but I have not seen God face to face yet, for example, that I know of. I have not been standing in heaven, that I know of ... I still have lots of questions I'd love answers to, and I want more. I'm not content to take other's words for it, not even my own on a lot of things. Some things ... yeah. But some things, no. The Bible question is kinda/sorta one of those things with me ... but I also don't mind ambiguity. I find ambiguity to be very powerful, actually, because it lets people choose things more freely and doesn't seal up a mystery when it's still being revealed on a personal level.

So when I asked ... I was asking to "compare notes". Whenever I've had God show me something personally, I also get "proof" eventually, and by that, I mean personal experience, revelation, and sometimes with others. I like people to be able to give proof, but I also would like to see God face to face ... so if someone has done that, I would like to know about it, for example.

As far as other generalized accusations, again ... PM. This isn't the place.

Ok I see where you are coming from. I just had a different impression from what you initially posted.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pal Handy

Irregular Member
Jun 15, 2011
Southeast Michigan
✟20,508.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yabut the Jews disagree. They say Jesus was not the Messiah they were waiting for. They say they are still waiting for the Messiah.
And what did "some" Jewish men do even after Christ performed miracles, raised the dead and open the eyes of the blind and cause all who came to Him to be healed and made whole?

Men receiving Christ does not qualify Christ
or prove His claims just as rejection of Christ does not disqualify Christ's life, teachings and claims.

God is the one who qualifies Christ and has given us the evidence
that is more than enough to cause any honest seeker of truth to pause and investigate

Upvote 0

BornAgainGrace414

Spiritual warrior
Dec 17, 2011
✟7,840.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well I've read a lot of NT, maybe half. Should I just start with reading that completely? I just feel that if Jesus came to abolish a lot of OT laws (kind of) then it's hard to understand it without reading. If a lot of laws in OT are revised by Jesus, how do I know which to take literal and not?
That's my problem essentially.

Upvote 0