Iraqi Girl

Apr 3, 2010
✟15,224.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
How do I know if something is a sin?

Answer: There are two things clinging to this question. (1) there are things mentioned in the Bible and declared it a sin. For example, these things exist in: Proverbs 16:6-19, 19:5-21 Galatians and Corinthians 9:6-10. There is no doubt that the Bible tells us that such acts and activities of sin, which things to accept for God. Including murder, Aalaarp, lying, stealing, etc.. - All the sins mentioned in the Bible.

(2) the most difficult aspect of sins is not mentioned in the Bible. But when the Bible does not mention a particular topic, we find that we have general principles in the Word of God guide us to know.
(A) When something is not listed, it is good that are asking, that was a good thing, certainly not that was a mistake. For example, the Bible tells us, "Ovtdoa time" (Colossians 5:4). Since our days on Earth is brief and precious, Fbmaraftna for eternal life, we find that it does not have to waste time on trivial things selfish, but to use our time "for the benefit and architecture" (Ephesians 29:4).

(B) a good test is to ask God to bless conscience in favor of a particular activity to glorify and to achieve his purpose. "If you eat or drink, or do you do anything, so do everything for the glory of God" (I Corinthians 31:10). Although there is no doubt that this thing was pleasing to God then it is better to abandon it. "The one who ate the suspicious hands, because that is not of faith, all that is not of faith is sin" (Romans 23:14). (C) It must be remembered that our bodies, our souls and that they have divorced God. "Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and ye are not your own? Because you have bought with a price. Therefore honor God with your body and in your spirit which are God" (I Corinthians 19:6-20). The solemn truth is that which should tell us how to walk and what to do with our bodies.

(D) we must evaluate our actions not only for God, but also for their impact on our families, our friends, and others in our lives. And if something is not bad for us personally but the detriment of others, it's something wrong. "It is good to not eat meat or drink wine or anything clashes with your brother or found Oweidaf - We then that are strong to tolerate the weak, and not to please ourselves" (Romans 21:14 and 1:15).
(E) Remember, that Jesus Christ is our Lord and Savior, and should not be anything else before we get his will. This includes customs, entertainment and ambition they all must be subject to under the authority of Christ "all things are lawful for me, but not all things. All things are lawful for me, but will not dominate anything," (I Corinthians 12:6). "All you would have the word or act, then do all in the name Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him" (Colossians 17:3)

jthomas1600

Dec 15, 2009
✟15,190.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I don't know if it's a simple as the Spirit will convict you. I know that's part of the purpose of the Spirit....to reveal sin in our lives. But I think sometimes does that in different ways, like guiding our study and efforts in trying to determine what things are appropriate for us to do. When the Bible does not come out and say "thou shalt not..." on a particular subject I think it can be approached in this manner. Find all the plausible arguments one can make from the Bible in favor of the activity and find all the arguments one could make in opposition and weigh the evidence. Of course pray for guidance form the Spirit and seek Godly council a long the way.

Upvote 0