✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Colossians 2:13-14
"And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross"

The law was used to form the charges against us. The cross was used to not only satisfy the claim against us, but even to wipe out all evidence that it ever existed.
Yup.and it had to be abolished,because it separated Jew and gentile.If it were not,gentiles could not be a part of the new covenant.

Ephesians2:15
by abolishing in His flesh the enmity, which is the Law (3551 nomos) of commandments (1785 entole, same as,Matt 15:3 a commandment of God) contained in ordinances (1378 dogma), so that in Himself He might make the two into one new man, thus establishing peace,

Definition.:Katargeo 2673(abolishing)
1 to render idle, unemployed, inactivate, inoperative
1a) to cause a person or thing to have no further efficiency
1b) to deprive of force, influence, power
2) to cause to cease, put an end to, do away with, annul, abolish
2a) to cease, to pass away, be done away
2b) to be severed from, separated from, discharged from, loosed
from any one
2c) to terminate all intercourse with one

Strongs…

Result of search for "2673":
2673. katargeo kat-arg-eh'-o from 2596 and 691; to be (render) entirely idle (useless), literally or figuratively:--abolish, cease, cumber, deliver, destroy, do away, become (make) of no (none, without) effect, fail, loose, bring (come) to nought, put away (down), vanish away, make void.

Upvote 0

msbojingles

resident brat and doom and gloomer
Aug 29, 2006
Visit site
✟14,010.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Colossians 2:13-14
"And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross"

The law was used to form the charges against us. The cross was used to not only satisfy the claim against us, but even to wipe out all evidence that it ever existed.
:thumbsup::clap::amen:

Upvote 0

ELSHADDAI

Aug 18, 2004
DURBAN SOUTH AFRICA
✟200.00
Faith
Pentecostal
hi there to one and all, I am not clued up on the law and the fulfilling of it and all, however this is my understanding on it, the law was set as a guidance for the Israelites in the desert to bring correction, there for they had to do sacrifices for atonement of their sins, as I can see it there was no law for Gentiles.Jesus came as the ultimate sacrifice, which is where love comes in, which take over the law, therefore opening up the way for the gentiles, (which is us) because if we love we would not want to break the law, can one imagine if we were still under the law, how many of us would have been nuked already, Thank you Jesus for becoming the ultimate sacrifice for Jew and Gentile.:amen:
Galations is a wonderful book regarding the law, I love the scripture where it states that Jesus became the curse for us, as He hung on the tree. So we are no more under that curse, especially the one that the churches love to preach from Malachi on tithing. I am not against tithing as there is blessings in giving, but dont preach about the curse if one does not thithe as this brings on condemnation which puts one under the law again.
Galations chapter 2 set me free on my thinking on the law.:thumbsup:

Reactions: pinetree
Upvote 0

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
hi there to one and all, I am not clued up on the law and the fulfilling of it and all, however this is my understanding on it, the law was set as a guidance for the Israelites in the desert to bring correction, there for they had to do sacrifices for atonement of their sins, as I can see it there was no law for Gentiles.Jesus came as the ultimate sacrifice, which is where love comes in, which take over the law, therefore opening up the way for the gentiles, (which is us) because if we love we would not want to break the law, can one imagine if we were still under the law, how many of us would have been nuked already, Thank you Jesus for becoming the ultimate sacrifice for Jew and Gentile.:amen:
Galations is a wonderful book regarding the law, I love the scripture where it states that Jesus became the curse for us, as He hung on the tree. So we are no more under that curse, especially the one that the churches love to preach from Malachi on tithing. I am not against tithing as there is blessings in giving, but dont preach about the curse if one does not thithe as this brings on condemnation which puts one under the law again.
Galations chapter 2 set me free on my thinking on the law.:thumbsup:
Good post..

Romans 8,is our place now..

Yes, you are correct on the tithing issue too.It is not a new covenant requirement at all.

Interesting thing I thought I might point out.

The spiritual dynamics of the law,and it's effect on folks is still true today.As we see,the gentiles had law too.

That is why Paul was also addressing gentiles in Romans.

Rom 2:14
Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law, 15since they show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts now accusing, now even defending them.)

Upvote 0

zaksmummy

Jul 6, 2007
Chesterfield
✟10,866.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Well if you want to take it literally he lived a sinless life and was thus the only human who ever lived who was sinless. He was also God and I think that played a role in his sinlessness.

This is true, BUT...

there is more to the Torah than just sin offerings, which is the offering Jesus died as.

You are forgetting the other offering - free will offering, drink offering, wave offering, these were also a part of the sacrificial system.

My favourite is the free will offering, or as I term is "getting close to God offering", as that is what it was all about, offering a sacrifice to worship and come close to God.

The other thing that people forget is that the sin offerings were an outward sign of the inward repentance that had taken place. Without the inward repentance the offering was meaningless.

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
This is true, BUT...

there is more to the Torah than just sin offerings, which is the offering Jesus died as.

You are forgetting the other offering - free will offering, drink offering, wave offering, these were also a part of the sacrificial system.

My favourite is the free will offering, or as I term is "getting close to God offering", as that is what it was all about, offering a sacrifice to worship and come close to God.

The other thing that people forget is that the sin offerings were an outward sign of the inward repentance that had taken place. Without the inward repentance the offering was meaningless.

:) ....and these things are not done with sacrifice of animals, etc. but from within our hearts. HE was the sacrifice for our sins, we offer up to HIM now from our hearts, not to be forgiven, but in worship, love, and adoration.
rowofhearts.gif

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I enjoy reading the Torah.,and the rest of the ot.

What I love,is how it was all pointing somewhere.:thumbsup:

The age of grace.

Grace was always around,in fact before time began..

2 Timothy 1:9
who has saved us and called us to a holy life—not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time,

Yet.. the men of old knew something more was coming,to which law law and the prophets testify to.

1 Peter 1:10
Concerning this salvation, the prophets, who spoke of the grace that was to come to you, searched intently and with the greatest care,

The new covenant!:clap:

Love in us..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.