Aug 1, 2012
✟62,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
do I have to end every prayer in Jesus name amen and wait till my next conversatation or can you talk to Him in a open conversation freely talking to him with out ending it in Jesus name I pray amen?
Talk to him anyway you want, god judges your heart and motives.

Upvote 0

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
do I have to end every prayer in Jesus name amen and wait till my next conversatation or can you talk to Him in a open conversation freely talking to him with out ending it in Jesus name I pray amen?
You can just talk to Him, whenever you want. I speak to God throughout the day, if I'm feeling lonely or I need help, or guidance in what I'm doing, or just need to let my feelings or thoughts out.
I also make sure to formally pray a few times a day, and then I end every prayer with in Jesus' name, but no, God doesn't require that. You have a right standing before Him, and we are told to come to His throne in confidence, knowing that we are saved, trusting in His sacrifice. If you do want to pray for something in particular though, then I would make sure to be very formal about it. But not if you just feel like talking to Him and let your feelings out.
So keep praying. Talk to Him like you would with your real father, but remember who He is, and be respectful.

Upvote 0

Little Lantern

Be encouraged! Christ has overcome the world!
Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2017
USA
✟223,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are a couple of times during the day when I do a more "formal" prayer. The rest of the time, I talk to Him like He's right there with me while I'm working or whatever-- because He is!:D
(I also listen to Him.) I would call it a running conversation between us.

If I have a question, I ask, "LORD? Would You help me with this?" or if I look out the window and notice a pretty tree or flower or something, I say, "LORD, that is one gorgeous tree you made!"

I'm constantly thanking Him for heat during the winter, and not losing electricity during a storm, and especially for hot water when I'm in the shower! I can't tell you how many times He has walked me through problems and difficulties and given me wisdom and corrected my thinking about situations as I've been talking to Him during the day.

I love walking with the LORD this way, and my relationship with Him has grown because of it. It has made me so much more aware of His Presence and blessing in my life-- even during the hard hard times. Makes me smile just thinking about it. As a matter of fact, I'm thanking Him right now for the opportunity to testify of His goodness to me! :D

Upvote 0

FaithlessToFaithful

I am finally getting it
Sep 23, 2017
Houston
✟11,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Separated
Someone once asked Charles Spurgeon how long he spent in typical prayer, he said no more than 10 minutes.

After the astonishment was expressed by the questioner, Spurgeon then said, "and I hardly go more than 10 minutes at a time not in prayer".

So, Spurgeon spent a rough half of his waking hours in prayer.

Most likely, Spurgeon, like so many others (and as I have trained myself to do recently) is constantly living with "God in mind" on all situations and at all times. A conversation, an open dialogue, a commentary, a barrage of questions for Him, whatever.

My day, especially over the last few weeks, is filled constantly with praising God, pleas for His comfort, prayers for the Holy Spirit to enlighten me, wondering at His majesty, thank Jesus, and a whole running stream of consciousness He and I have together.

There are some amens and such tossed in for good measure, but it is more the conscious contact with Him that makes my peace.

Upvote 0