Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It’s not often that we get to hear the mothers and fathers of saints open up about their children. Blessed Carlo Acutis, who lived from 1991-2006, was beatified in 2020. Known for his love of video games and his skill with computers, he lived a life marked by solicitous care of the poor and devotion to the Blessed Sacrament.

In a newly published memoir, his mother, Antonia Salzano Acutis, shares for the first time the intimate, private moments of her son’s life, including his final days in vivid detail. Blessed Carlo died from leukemia at the age of 15. In her own words, Antonia tells stories and memories as a mother who lost her son too early but was forever shaped by his remarkable life.

The following is an excerpt from the newly published memoir, “My Son Carlo: Carlo Acutis Through the Eyes of His Mother” (OSV, $27.99, pp. 240):

His relationship with Jesus changed me

Continued below.

• Friendly
Reactions: WarriorAngel

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟442,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I need to read the book about him. I really don’t know that much about him.
He was very much into the sacrament.
His mom was agnostic/atheist?
He did not come into the world of a family of faith but [and here's where I forget details] he had graces from the Lord and from a young un he craved the Church/Lord/Eucharist.

Which is why he studied and recorded all the miracles of the Eucharist.

• Informative
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0