How an NFL Super Bowl Kicker Returned to Catholicism: “We’re All Called to Be Saints”

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What an amazing story!

NFL Kansas City Chiefs kicker Harrison Butker will play against the Philadelphia Eagles in this weekend’s Super Bowl LVII.

But did you know that this 27-year-old Super Bowl champion is a devout Catholic?

EWTN’s Colm Flynn interviewed Butker, who explains how he reverted to the Catholic faith while attending Georgia Tech University before entering the NFL.

Butker says his journey initially began after returning to confession.

“The biggest leap of faith for me was finally going to the sacrament of confession. That is really what changed me. When I left that confessional–that is what really made me feel different…that’s when I changed my life around.”

“I saw the fruit from it–the fruit from living a holy and grace-filled life,” he adds, saying breaking those habitual sins was a difficult adjustment.

“That’s the real struggle of living a pure and saintly life. Striving to be a saint. That’s what it is. We’re all called to holiness. We’re all called to become saints.”

Butker explains what he loves about the Latin Mass, and considers his faith a central part of his life. He is married with two children.

Here’s the full EWTN interview below:​

Continued below.

Reactions: mourningdove~