Houston poor unevacuated, left to fend for themselves in shutdown city.

SUNSTONE

Christian Warrior
Sep 2, 2002
Cocoa Village
Visit site
✟18,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
MichaelFJF said:
Your user name says it all.

Exactly.

The government has been working on this since Katrina left its mark.
They tried, and it didn't work out the way they had planned.
To say "never rely on the government" is untrue and unfair.

Upvote 0

BeautyForAshes

Senior Veteran
Sep 19, 2004
Kansas
✟20,736.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Holly3278 said:
Ugh! Surely they at least opened some shelters right? :confused:

I'm praying that this is the case. :( I understand that its difficult to evacuate 4 million plus people, but goodnesss, this just breaks my heart.

I don't think I will complain about our tornadoes for a LONG time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Petunia

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 9, 2004
✟211,267.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Those like Skinner — poor, and with a broken-down car — were simply stuck, and fuming at being abandoned, they say.
Why didn't they get on those busses Houston prepared for the poor, the elderly, those in convalescent homes and hospitals.. and for those without cars? They had been preparing them and loading those busses for 2 days. I watched many people get on those busses .. I saw it on the news. The officials did have arrangements for the poor.. and SPECIFICALLY said the busses were for the poor and those without a way to get out.

Sadly though.. one of those busses blew up. It was one of the ones with the elderly on it. It caught fire and the oxygen tanks caused it to blow.

It did tick me off that there were only two tankers getting to those people who had run out of gas on the freeway. Seems like there should have been more because ALOT of people ran out of gas because of how slow the traffic was moving.

Upvote 0