MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
What do you not get about people dying in Benghazi? Are you that paranoid? It had to be investigated. No one was found guilty, fine.

Nope, I'm not paranoid. Just pointing out that money was not an object and they were going to keep spending until they eventually got the verdict they wanted.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Nope, I'm not paranoid. Just pointing out that money was not an object and they were going to keep spending until they eventually got the verdict they wanted.
Money was well spent and I'm sure because of that investigation countermeasures were put in place. You should find a more comparable answer to your tribal warfare. The whole situation was a fiasco by our federal government. No, your enemy didn't get what they wanted. I also was mad back then because we lost so many lives.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Money was well spent and I'm sure because of that investigation countermeasures were put in place. You should find a more comparable answer to your tribal warfare. The whole situation was a fiasco by our federal government. No, your enemy didn't get what they wanted. I also was mad back then because we lost so many lives.

Address the post, not the poster. You don't know a darn thing about me so take your chicken poop "tribal warfare" and "your enemy" garbage and peddle it somewhere else.

• Prayers
Reactions: Laodicean60
Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
But I'm an independent. I just require accuracy in assertions or I will address that. Your attempt to dismiss me is noted, and rejected. I don't even know what that mess at the end of your post is supposed to say or mean, but I guess you meant something by it.
Sorry for the typos. Agree to disagree.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What do you not get about people dying in Benghazi? Are you that paranoid? It had to be investigated. No one was found guilty, fine.
Great, that explains the first investigation -- and I don't really recall anyone complaining about that one (or the first three or four). What about the other nine investigations, what was the purpose of those and the millions spent -- which includes the five different investigations started by Republicans in the House? In fact, Republicans even admitted the last investigation, timed to end during the 2016 election period, was held to hurt Hillary in the polls.

Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Great, that explains the first investigation -- and I don't really recall anyone complaining about that one (or the first three or four). What about the other nine investigations,
Please tell me which committee should not have launched an investigation.
In fact, Republicans even admitted the last investigation, timed to end during the 2016 election period, was held to hurt Hillary in the polls.
Come on, do politicians toot (or blame) their horns on occasion I know Trump does. Are you saying these investigations were because of Hillary running for president?

I don't want to argue with you or anyone else about using this sad time in history when American lives were lost which could have been prevented; for your tit-for-tat. I suggest you take the time and watch the Hollywood version or read the history of Bengahzi and put yourself, their parents, or kids, in their shoes, What were we in Bengahzi for? Meddling?

I know the right-wing media was talking about security issues way before the incident happened. I don't know if the left even knew there was a security issue back then, the way the media operates.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Please tell me which committee should not have launched an investigation.

Likely most of them, after all, there were still five other investigations -- but at least four of them. For the one, they could at least have put the five investigations together into a joint investigation; there is no reason for multiple, separate investigations; particularly ones that start after other committees had finished their investigations. This is doubly true when all went over the same facts, found the same issues, and all found no criminality by Hillary or anyone in the Obama administration. This becomes doubly true when you realize that this was not an Embassy or Consulate but a Temporary Mission Facility (TMF); and as such had different security arrangements than an Embassy or Consulate would, with different rules on how to protect it.

Come on, do politicians toot (or blame) their horns on occasion I know Trump does. Are you saying these investigations were because of Hillary running for president?

That is what Rep. McCarthy stated, that the last investigation was done specifically to hurt Hillary (cost her votes) in the November Presidential Election.

I don't want to argue with you or anyone else about using this sad time in history when American lives were lost which could have been prevented; for your tit-for-tat. I suggest you take the time and watch the Hollywood version or read the history of Bengahzi and put yourself, their parents, or kids, in their shoes, What were we in Bengahzi for? Meddling?

I know the right-wing media was talking about security issues way before the incident happened. I don't know if the left even knew there was a security issue back then, the way the media operates.

I find it odd that you think "mass media" accounts, particularly Hollywood accounts, provide an accurate picture of what happened, particularly since much of it was an attack on a CIA "secret base" and not the TMF where the ambassador died. And, of course, Democrats will claim that they realized the security issues and sought more funding from Congress -- funding which was denied by Republicans. There is obviously spin from both sides, trying to make themselves look better.

Again, though, no one is trying to minimize the deaths of Americans, or the bravery shown. But it is a valid point that, with 10 different investigations, one which it was actually stated was solely to hurt Hillary's chances of becoming President, it appears Republicans were using those American deaths, disrespecting them, to make the issue political rather than an honest investigation (particularly the last investigation) into the events and mistakes made.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You know, I try to stay out of the political arguments but when brothers and sisters in arms lose lives I have compassion for the families. As a veteran, I'm blessed to have not experienced that. My trauma in 2nd or 3rd grade was when my dad was wounded in Vietnam and two things I'll take to the grave are the image of my dad and the smell of the wounded serviceman in the plane.

I think you religious types ought to do a heart check and wonder if your politics trumps lives. What have we gained in 23 years of war and kids being maimed or killed? Because of Benghazi, I forbade my kids to join the military because I saw our politicians weren't truly behind the troops. I didn't want to take the chance of losing one of my own. Maybe that is why we have a decline in enlistment more people are waking up to the fact.

I want all of you to think about today's situation and what is gained from kids being killed in Iraq or anywhere there is conflict. We just lost two Navy seals. We use covert means to topple governments for our ideology, How is that working out for us besides making the world more hostile?

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,055.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You know, I try to stay out of the political arguments but when brothers and sisters in arms lose lives I have compassion for the families. As a veteran, I'm blessed to have not experienced that. My trauma in 2nd or 3rd grade was when my dad was wounded in Vietnam and two things I'll take to the grave are the image of my dad and the smell of the wounded serviceman in the plane.

I think you religious types ought to do a heart check and wonder if your politics trumps lives. What have we gained in 23 years of war and kids being maimed or killed? Because of Benghazi, I forbade my kids to join the military because I saw our politicians weren't truly behind the troops. I didn't want to take the chance of losing one of my own. Maybe that is why we have a decline in enlistment more people are waking up to the fact.

I want all of you to think about today's situation and what is gained from kids being killed in Iraq or anywhere there is conflict. We just lost two Navy seals. We use covert means to topple governments for our ideology, How is that working out for us besides making the world more hostile?
Relevance to the fact that previous endless GOP investigations were admitted to simply be attempts to hurt non-GOP candiates' election chances?

Seems the need to retreat further into empty talking points rather than addressing what's actually been written is an admission that the facts brought up in those previous posts are incompatible with the attempt to sell these sort of GOP talking points.

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟458,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That's not actually what the indictment claimed. In fact the entire indictment only has the word "insurrection" in it once, as part of a quote where a co-conspirator suggested invoking the Insurrection Act. And while the storming of the Capitol is part of the indictment, there is just as much of a focus on the other things Trump did such as organizing alternative slates of electors and pressuring Congresspeople to refuse to certify the count.

Yes, he had a meeting with the White House Counsel because he was trying to interview former White House officials and had to make sure he didn't run into issues like executive privilege.

Meh, his qualification is a matter of opinion. It's true that he was not a prosecutor, but as a judge, he had a lot of administrative experience, and if he himself wasn't in charge of the actual investigative aspect I don't see it being an issue.

Actually, we have no idea if they were involved in a romantic matter at all. There is single claim from one of the defendant's lawyers. It is known though that they have a long personal relationship, but anything else is speculation.

Meh. $250 an hour for outside legal services isn't that much.

We have no idea why they were traveling, but again, that's not itself an indication of anything.

Again, we have no idea why she was traveling with him. But if he billed the county, then there is probably an official reason for it. If he didn't it doesn't matter because he is allowed to spend his salary however he chooses.

Actually no. The judge has set a hearing to respond to a motion to dismiss the case.

I'm not sure "hinges" is the right word here. That's one of the actions he is being prosecuted for, but it also includes the alternative elector scheme, trying to get legislators to overturn the election, filing false legal documents, and so on.

You should check your facts. Georgia RICO has a long history of being used in non-Organized Crime cases. Also, the RICO charge was only one of many counts on that indictment.

And many other things.

Criminal investigations, especially ones with national security implications take time and cost money. The similar investigation into President Biden, which seems more cut and dry in many ways, also has cost millions (though admittedly less) and has been going on for over a year. Except that one hasn't issued any indictments and is likely not to.

Well, yeah. Do you expect criminal prosecutors to investigate cases with their own money?

Yup. That's not what he got in trouble for.

Which if true proved he knew he shouldn't have them since he didn't have a security clearance anymore.

Yes, he got charged separately for different documents, which is not an unusual way to charge.

That did not happen. In fact reports from around the time of the search indicated the FBI didn't even wear the blue windbreakers they normally do.

They tried that. And Trump allegedly hid documents.

A raid was not done.

No, hush money is not illegal, but that's not what he is being prosecuted for. He is being prosecuted for allegedly cooking the books to hide it. And as a life long New York business man, he knows or should know how seriously the state takes accurate business records.
Ok. Wait and see what happens. Willis has already been set for a misconduct hearing in February. The arrogance of assuming no one will notice what was happening with taxpayer funds is stunning, given the fact that she is trying the most high profile case probably ever. Now his wife has entered the fray with the receipts of how money was being spent.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,430,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I've read the reports from Benghazi and know that the US Ambassador took an unnecessary risk by choosing to travel to Benghazhi given the local security situation. It's sad that he and others lost their lives, however, it was his decision.

Watching the hollywood version of any event is suspect IMO.

We owe to the fallen and their families to stick to the facts, find where we failed and address those issues. Spinning up countless Congressional (politically motivated) investigations that will not address those issues.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We owe to the fallen and their families to stick to the facts, find where we failed and address those issues. Spinning up countless Congressional (politically motivated) investigations that will not address those issues.
I bet every one of the family members thought every investigation was worth it. Especially when there was a warning of a security situation. I don't want to get in your political tit for tat but in my view using this argument is in bad taste. Peace out

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,430,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I bet every one of the family members thought every investigation was worth it. Especially when there was a warning of a security situation. I don't want to get in your political tit for tat but in my view using this argument is in bad taste. Peace out

If it were my child, I would be very angry with the likes of Jim Jordan exploiting (and lying about) the circumstances of my child's death for the purpose of scoring political points. But that's just me.

• Prayers
Reactions: Laodicean60
Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I sincerely doubt that. If you had a family member murdered overseas and there were countless investigations, none of which provided any new information or testimony, I'm guessing you'd be pretty annoyed after the first one, particularly as you grieved and tried to get on with your life -- only to keep seeing reports in the news for years on end (the last investigation was 4 years after the attacks).

Upvote 0