US
✟1,102,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
House investigators issued six subpoenas Tuesday seeking information about the government’s role in allegedly obstructing a criminal probe into Hunter Biden over hundreds of thousands of dollars in unpaid taxes and lying on a gun background check form.

The subpoenas seek “all documents and communications” related to the FBI tipping off the Secret Service and the Biden presidential transition team about an interview the IRS and FBI planned to conduct with Hunter Biden in December 2020.

“Investigators were never able to interview Hunter Biden during the criminal investigation because Secret Service headquarters and the Biden transition team were tipped off about the planned interview,” said House Oversight and Accountability Committee Chairman James Comer, who issued the subpoenas.

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
From the FBI 'whistleblower' testimony.

And we knew that we could not just, you know, go to the door, or I certainly believed that we just could not go to the door, so that there would be ‐‐ have to be some notification to Secret Service so they would be aware that we were coming.

My summary: So they always knew Secret Service would be notified. They don't know that the change in plan was politically motivated. And the plan, such as it was, was that they were hoping for a voluntary interview and a voluntary search from someone unlikely to grant them.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

And we knew that we could not just, you know, go to the door, or I certainly believed that we just could not go to the door, so that there would be ‐‐ have to be some notification to Secret Service so they would be aware that we were coming.

My summary: So they always knew Secret Service would be notified. They don't know that the change in plan was politically motivated. And the plan, such as it was, was that they were hoping for a voluntary interview and a voluntary search from someone unlikely to grant them.
But the Washington Times…The thing, it’s like there.
Mercy.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Yes, in the same way the Secret Service was tipped off about the warrant allowing the search of Mar-A-Lago (link is a video but the caption talks about the Secret Service knowing in advance and facilitating the search). So, another big "nothingburger" by Republicans in Congress, as they make standard procedure sound as if it is some type of political favor -- even though it was the same process used with Trump's search warrant.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes, in the same way the Secret Service was tipped off about the warrant allowing the search of Mar-A-Lago (link is a video but the caption talks about the Secret Service knowing in advance and facilitating the search). So, another big "nothingburger" by Republicans in Congress, as they make standard procedure sound as if it is some type of political favor -- even though it was the same process used with Trump's search warrant.
All part of the “normal=outrageous!!1!” schtick they do nowadays.

Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟195,268.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

How embarrassed the GOP must be, now that their false claims have been refuted again.

F.B.I. Agent Undercuts Claims of Political Interference in Hunter Biden Inquiry

A high-ranking F.B.I. agent has provided testimony to the House Judiciary Committee that contradicts a key claim made by an I.R.S. agent who said that political interference had hampered the investigation into the taxes of Hunter Biden, the president’s son, dealing a blow to House Republicans’ wide-ranging inquiry into the Biden administration.

In closed-door testimony last week, Thomas Sobocinski, the special agent in charge of the Baltimore Field Office of the F.B.I., told House investigators that David C. Weiss, the U.S. attorney for Delaware overseeing the Justice Department’s inquiry into Hunter Biden, never said he did not have full authority to pursue charges against the president’s son, according to a transcript obtained by The New York Times.

In testimony to Congress detailing his frustrations with how the case was handled, Gary Shapley said he had witnessed Mr. Weiss “tell a room full of senior F.B.I. and I.R.S. investigators on Oct. 7, 2022, that he was ‘not the deciding person on whether charges are filed.’” That offended Mr. Shapley because he had watched Attorney General Merrick B. Garland assure the country that Mr. Weiss had the full authority he needed to bring charges.

But Mr. Sobocinski was also at that meeting, and he told Congress that Mr. Weiss made no such comment. "If he would have said that, I would have remembered it,” Mr. Sobocinski said in his testimony, which took place on Thursday and was reported earlier by The Washington Post.
During the interview, Mr. Sobocinski also pushed back against other claims of political interference. He was asked, “Do you have any reason to believe President Biden interfered in this investigation in any way?”

“No,” he replied.

When pressed for a response, Republican officials demanded that Hunter Biden be impeached.

OK, I made that part up.

Last edited:
Upvote 0