• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

horrible new thoughts

hms lion

Mar 4, 2013
Newcastle, where it's winter 11 months of the year
✟18,466.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Hello again,

Over the past week, I keep on having terrible feelings about God's people. I've read about what was happening to the Church in places like Syria and Pakistan. I spent several days thinking about what I could do to help, and feeling guilty about living in a safe country whilst other Christians suffer daily persecution. Then whilst thinking it over I suddenly got a thought along the lines of 'I resent the Christians for are persecuted for making me feel guilty'.

I was horrified by the thought, and so I tried to suppress it. But it keeps on coming back, and each time it does, I feel awful. I've had OCD attacks before, but then these come now, I get a pain in my chest, and I feel awful. Afterwards I feel guilty, and sometimes I feel like I'm just as bad as the pharaoh in Exodus who enslaved the Jews, or the Romans who persecuted the early Church.

I pray to God, asking him to forgive me of my sins, and to take care of those who are persecuted because they believe in Jesus. The anxiety goes down for a bit, but then it comes back randomly, and I feel overwhelmed with guilt. I honestly haven't felt this bad since as far back as I can remember. Even when I thought I had committed the unpardonable sin, I didn't feel this bad.:cry:

Please Pray for me. Please.

emilie mayer

Jun 22, 2013
✟15,776.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I to have suffered bad thoughts. Worse than the ones you describe. Confess those thoughts to God and ask for forgiveness . The thought bothered you and God knows it. God forgives all sin. Jesus died for all of our sins. When you accept Jesus you accept that He died for all our sins past present and future sins. OCD is rough. It does make your chest hurt, you feel left by God, there is a turmoil feeling in the pit of your stomach, you get tension headaches , the list goes on. It had gotten to where i couldnt sleep and hated night time. You need to focus on Christ. He hangs on to us ots not about wether or not we mess up. Read romans 8:38-39 it tells you nothing can seperate us from God. Ask God for wisdom and to show you truth. He loves you and knows what your goimg through. He is with you believe it or not. Talk to Him and you will start to trust Him more.

Upvote 0