Homosexual Activists Attack Christian College (20 Arrested at Liberty University)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lisa0315

Respect Catholics and the Mother Church!
Jul 17, 2005
At The Feet of Jesus
✟37,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
george78 said:
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1594185/posts

Lynchburg -- More than 20 gay rights activists were arrested on trespassing charges Friday when they stepped onto the campus of Liberty University, the school founded by the Rev. Jerry Falwell.

You know, I don't think trespassing is "attacking" Christians or their college. I believe homesexuality is a sin, true, but I don't understand the "attack" part. It sounds as if it were pretty peaceful protesting to me. They have the right to do that. When I first read the thread title, I thought it was literally that students had been attacked violently. This is very misleading.

Upvote 0

Thirst_For_Knowledge

I Am A New Title
Jan 20, 2005
Michigan
Visit site
✟8,524.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Lisa0315 said:
You know, I don't think trespassing is "attacking" Christians or their college. I believe homesexuality is a sin, true, but I don't understand the "attack" part. It sounds as if it were pretty peaceful protesting to me. They have the right to do that. When I first read the thread title, I thought it was literally that students had been attacked violently. This is very misleading.

Did you read the nice Christian comments of the people on the site that George posted?

Upvote 0

george78

Loathed
Aug 4, 2005
✟17,138.00
Faith
Utrecht

They were told beforehand that they were not permitted on the grounds of the private campus. 20 of the activists ignored the law and stormed onto the campus anyway.

To me, someone storming onto private property in spite of a clear warning, is engaging in an attack on my property.

The blatent disregard for the private property rights of Liberty University is striking. There is no right to step foot on private property.

Upvote 0

Lisa0315

Jul 17, 2005
At The Feet of Jesus
✟37,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
thirstforknowledge said:
Did you read the nice Christian comments of the people on the site that George posted? Those are the sites that George frequents, which to me, says a lot about his character.

Well, I wasn't getting into character. I do not know the guy. I was just saying that I didn't understand why the thread title used the word "attack". It makes no sense to me.

Upvote 0

george78

Loathed
Aug 4, 2005
✟17,138.00
Faith
Utrecht
Well, I wasn't getting into character. I do not know the guy. I was just saying that I didn't understand why the thread title used the word "attack". It makes no sense to me.

I hope my explanation clears that up. Private property rights are extremely important to me, and tresspassing is no laughing matter.

Upvote 0

elanor

Reunite Gondwanaland!
Nov 9, 2003
Left Coast
Visit site
✟16,184.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

george78

Loathed
Aug 4, 2005
✟17,138.00
Faith
Utrecht

The horror!! :eek:
There's a more complete article about this at http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...a155231S96.DTL

So you don't find blatent disrespect for the law and private property rights horrifying?

What if someone wanted to storm into your house after you warned them that they were not wanted there? I'll bet you would see it different then.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lisa0315

Jul 17, 2005
At The Feet of Jesus
✟37,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
george78 said:
I hope my explanation clears that up. Private property rights are extremely important to me, and tresspassing is no laughing matter.

Okay, that does clear it up for me. Thank You. You sound like my grandfather who passed away last September. I will tell you a funny story and I think you will relate to this.

My grandparents had a small farm in rural North Carolina. They owned the place free and clear, had a huge mortgage burning party in the 1980's. Well, as progress happens, eventually, the farm was annexed into a "city" (if you call a city of 20,000 a city). My grandfather was burning his field as he had done for the last 30 or 40 years. If you are a city guy, you do this, as a quick regeneration of the land. It adds lots of nutrients back in. Anyway, so a couple of firemen pulled up and asked my grandfather for his burning permit. My grandfather called out to my grandmother, "Ruby, go and get my burn permit!". Alarmed, my grandmother said, "But Gray, you don't have one." He said, "Yes I do. It is called the deed to this house!". The firemen left and never came back.

Upvote 0

Thirst_For_Knowledge

I Am A New Title
Jan 20, 2005
Michigan
Visit site
✟8,524.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
george78 said:
So you don't find blatent disrespect for the law and private property rights horrifying?

What if someone wanted to storm into your house after you warned them that they were not wanted there? I'll bet you would see it different then.
[/size][/color][/font]

You're right, they did break the law, and they should get in trouble for it.

I must question your motives though, when you say that you are concerned about property rights, but you never seem to post any articles about all the Christians who "attack" abortion clinics and illegally step all over their property rights. It seems to me that you only care when they are gay people.

Upvote 0

elanor

Reunite Gondwanaland!
Nov 9, 2003
Left Coast
Visit site
✟16,184.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
george78 said:
They were told beforehand that they were not permitted on the grounds of the private campus. 20 of the activists ignored the law and stormed onto the campus anyway.

To me, someone storming onto private property in spite of a clear warning, is engaging in an attack on my property.

The blatent disregard for the private property rights of Liberty University is striking. There is no right to step foot on private property.
(emphasis mine)

storm: verb behave violently, as if in state of a great anger

Uh, I'm not seeing that here, George.

Upvote 0

sister_maynard

Senior Veteran
Feb 20, 2006
✟18,882.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
They broke private property laws and they were arrested. All well and good, and the college had a perfect right to do that. However, calling it an "attack" and saying that the peaceful protesters "stormed" onto the campus is rather loaded and misleading language.

Reactions: Shane Roach
Upvote 0

Rochir

By Grabthar's hammer ... YES.WEEK.END!
Sep 27, 2004
In your lap
Visit site
✟31,151.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
thirstforknowledge said:
Ooooh, does that mean that the CHristians who go into universities, trying to bring their agenda to those who are not interested, can be arrested for trespassing as well? Awesome.

Indeed! Awesome!!!:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rochir

By Grabthar's hammer ... YES.WEEK.END!
Sep 27, 2004
In your lap
Visit site
✟31,151.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
thirstforknowledge said:
I must question your motives though, when you say that you are concerned about property rights, but you never seem to post any articles about all the Christians who "attack" abortion clinics and illegally step all over their property rights. It seems to me that you only care when they are gay people.

Yeah. Fully agree!:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Ceris

I R the Nutness (and I love sedatta )
Mar 10, 2004
California
Visit site
✟20,150.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Since when is stepping foot on a university campus "attacking" Christians? If I go and join a protest at my university (say over certain university policies), and then step foot on the campus am I attacking Christians since my university is a "Christian" school?

If I go back to my old high school to visit, but forget to pick up a visitor pass at the office, am I attacking the students?

If I go back to my parents house and do not like something they are doing, am I attacking them by stepping onto the property?

:scratch:

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,073.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
george78 said:
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1594185/posts

Lynchburg -- More than 20 gay rights activists were arrested on trespassing charges Friday when they stepped onto the campus of Liberty University, the school founded by the Rev. Jerry Falwell.

I find it interesting that,
SF Gate said:
Falwell, the university's chancellor, had warned the group that it would not be permitted on campus, saying he would not allow his school to be used for a media event aimed at raising money for gay rights.

It sounds to me as if having them arrested merely helped Soulfource in their goals, as this has now been publicized more than the protest alone would have.

Upvote 0

Shane Roach

Mar 13, 2002
✟23,036.00
Faith
Christian
sister_maynard said:
They broke private property laws and they were arrested. All well and good, and the college had a perfect right to do that. However, calling it an "attack" and saying that the peaceful protesters "stormed" onto the campus is rather loaded and misleading language.

That's exactly the problem I have with that story.

I am against gay marriage, gay adoption, and indeed homosexuality in general, but lying is just bad policy, and sloppy use of language makes a person look like a liar even if they don't intend it that way.

This is not aimed at George, by the way. I'm pretty sure he's a fellow who read the story at face value.

I get tickled when homosexuals get offended when their behavior is not some sort of "sickness" and yet insist it is entirely out of their control. The complete inability to react normally to the opposite sex is not some sort of sickness or abnormality? Few people realize that the removal from the rolls of mental illnesses was pulled off mainly by gay activists protesting and a handfull of gay psychologists complaining about it from within the profession.

Nevermind a lot of gays would much rather not be gay... it's perfectly normal... just deal with it. :confused: That's what passes for professionalism in modern science.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.