nick garai

Feb 21, 2013
Surrey, British Columbia
✟10,173.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I have been doing some online research about homosexuality and the Leviticus 18:22 prohibition commanding that a man shall not lie with a man as with a woman. Now if this argument was for the pagan rituals that homosexuals practiced within that era how can it be made to apply for the modern era? There are no pagan temples currently and homosexuality is practiced quite openly among its followers. What is the Christian response to the the homosexual community today? Are we merely gumming the issue to death and have lost our teeth on the issue?

Knockout

Mar 6, 2014
✟7,855.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Paul says this is a sacrifice made to demons. Pagan gods or idols of the old testament were not always just wood and stone they are noted to often be principalities/powers. So that part is real and working today. Which is why, if you have ever seen an orgy, the way people act seems ritualistic. Nothing has changed over the thousands of years, it is the same spirit

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
It seems from my research that that's the main thing that we separate our self from idol worship. Like when the prophets spoke out against going to the high places. But I don't know anyone who preaches we should hike or drive to the top of mountains for the exercise and to see the view. Most aren't worshiping idols today with burning of incense so its preachers get a better response to apply just the sexual part of these verses. That's how I read it any ways.

Upvote 0

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have been doing some online research about homosexuality and the Leviticus 18:22 prohibition commanding that a man shall not lie with a man as with a woman. Now if this argument was for the pagan rituals that homosexuals practiced within that era how can it be made to apply for the modern era? There are no pagan temples currently and homosexuality is practiced quite openly among its followers. What is the Christian response to the the homosexual community today? Are we merely gumming the issue to death and have lost our teeth on the issue?

It's in the New Testament too. They use this temple argument also for sex before or without marriage, that's okay, it's just not okay to go to (temple) prostitutes. Even if you don't use the texts about men laying together, 'cause they say that means something else in the N.T., gentiles have to abstain from fornication and that's everything outside a marriage between man and woman.

Upvote 0

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It seems from my research that that's the main thing that we separate our self from idol worship. Like when the prophets spoke out against going to the high places. But I don't know anyone who preaches we should hike or drive to the top of mountains for the exercise and to see the view. Most aren't worshiping idols today with burning of incense so its preachers get a better response to apply just the sexual part of these verses. That's how I read it any ways.

Romans 1
and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator
Putting a man or a woman above God and what He says, also if it's heterosexual, is idol worship.

Upvote 0
Feb 27, 2014
Texas
✟8,130.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
9Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God. 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 NKJV

Verse 11 makes it clear that Christians cannot be homosexual because then they haven't been washed, sanctified and justified. But it does also make clear that homosexuals can be delivered from it and that maybe even some Paul was talking to were delivered from homosexuality among other things.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

re - Now if this argument was for the pagan rituals that homosexuals practiced within that era how can it be made to apply for the modern era?

it wasnt /isnt -that is only a part of it .isolating issues within the issue ,breaking it down to individual segments is a come tactic of those who desire to self justify sin .. yet when we face God wont be listeneing to human self justifications.people forget that God not only calls detestable the act of sodomy ..but also the act of behaving effeminate ..he calls men dressing in woman's attire detestable also ..he pretty much condemns anything to do with this warping of the order of HIS creation ..but let us not forget the other sins of which the church itself has become guilty .

re-What is the Christian response to the the homosexual community today? Are we merely gumming the issue to death and have lost our teeth on the issue.

which christian community ?in response to which homosexual community .

the rcc condemns it while turning a blind eye to idolatry
the established "old church" (ie methodist anglican lutheran )embrace it to the shame of thier for-bearers
the charismatic/Pentecostals condemn it while swimming in a pool of
covetousness while telling thier friends"oouh noo if he wont change you should get a divorce "... Oprah says so .. !ugh.
the liberals embrace it as though God has never spoken .

the rest of us are slowly learning ...we are to preach the gospel of JESUS the Messiah ,to ALL that ALL may have opportunity to repent of ALL & ANY sin and be saved .and the only way we can do so is if we ourselves live holy unto the lord by his grace and HIS power.
i think our response to all the world should be .. the Gospel .. why respond to it in any other manner? only the Gospel of Jesus brings hope and life for it is the power of God unto salvation to any one who believes.. and evidence of true belief is repentance and evidence of repentance is a changed life .

as for the other chrsitian community .our response to those who CLAIM to be christian (christian -gays, a term of absolute contradiction)yet persist unrepentant ..they are under rightful judgement and shall be judged most severely .

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Messy
Upvote 0