Home Schooling Trumps Political Correctness Once Again!

Mongoose

So it goes.
Jan 17, 2004
Minnesota
✟17,244.00
Faith
Atheist
MachZer0 said:
He clearly singled them out because they are the only ones mentioned in the OP link

They aren't in the topic because they are irrelevant. Are you jumping to the conclusion that he must condone the racism in rap music just because he doesn't mention it? That is a fallacy.

This topic isn't about racism--all of us here (I hope) know that racism is wrong. It mostly deals with home-schooling, and how parents will use it to brainwash their children.

I see. Certain types of bigotry are acceptable to you. Is that what you're saying?

No.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Mongoose said:
They aren't in the topic because they are irrelevant. Are you jumping to the conclusion that he must condone the racism in rap music just because he doesn't mention it? That is a fallacy.

This topic isn't about racism--all of us here (I hope) know that racism is wrong. It mostly deals with home-schooling, and how parents will use it to brainwash their children.
You missed the point. Like I said, there is a plethora of black rap singers promoting violence, hate and racism. In light of that, it is interesting, to say the least, that the OP singled out two young white girls and their parents for criticism. Shouldn't parents of black singers be held accountable as well? Who is brainwashing them?

Your answer is no, yet you gave a pass to those who promote racism against white folks

Upvote 0

Mongoose

So it goes.
Jan 17, 2004
Minnesota
✟17,244.00
Faith
Atheist
You missed the point. Like I said, there is a plethora of black rap singers promoting violence, hate and racism. In light of that, it is interesting, to say the least, that the OP singled out two young white girls and their parents for criticism. Shouldn't parents of black singers be held accountable as well? Who is brainwashing them?

It's not interesting at all that he singled them out. It's irrelevant.

If we were talking about racist black rappers, would you expect us to mention these girls?

Your answer is no, yet you gave a pass to those who promote racism against white folks.

No I didn't. Why would I do that? I'm white myself. I simply said that racism against blacks is more dangerous for society than racism against whites. That has nothing to do with the fact that they're both wrong.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Mongoose said:
It's not interesting at all that he singled them out. It's irrelevant.
How is it irrelevant. The fact is that there are far more black rap singers spewing hate and promoting violence, yet he is repulsed by these two white girls and criticizes their education. Why does the system that educated the blacks not get a mention?

If we were talking about racist black rappers, would you expect us to mention these girls?
You said this wasn't about racism but rather parenting and education

No I didn't. Why would I do that? I'm white myself. I simply said that racism against blacks is more dangerous for society than racism against whites. That has nothing to do with the fact that they're both wrong.
Maybe you wouldn't feel that way if you were the victim of racism, like Reginald Denny for instance. I would say that racism was pretty dangerous for him.

Upvote 0

Mongoose

So it goes.
Jan 17, 2004
Minnesota
✟17,244.00
Faith
Atheist
How is it irrelevant. The fact is that there are far more black rap singers spewing hate and promoting violence, yet he is repulsed by these two white girls and criticizes their education.

It's irrelevant because we aren't talking about black rappers, we're talking about racism and other malicious beliefs being taught in home-schools.

Why does the system that educated the blacks not get a mention?

Because we aren't talking about them. That's not what the article was about. We don't even know what system educated the black rappers, whether they went to public schools, private schools, charter schools, home schools, or simply never attended schools.

It seems your only motivation for bringing racist rappers into the subject is just to say "look, those black people are guilty of racism too!" Yes, we know they are, you don't need to remind us.

You said this wasn't about racism but rather parenting and education

Yes, I did. What's your point? An answer for my first question would be nice, too. If you really think we ought to bring black rappers into this discussion just so that people like you don't come in here accuse people of saying that racism against white people is okay, then would we not need to mention these girls in a thread about black rappers?

Maybe if you started a thread about black rappers and didn't mention these girls, would you like me to enter the thread with accusations that you condone racism against black people just because you single them out? And really, do you think it would make any sense or contribute anything to the discussion? I don't.

Anyway, I'm done here. I think I'm going to go do some more calc homework until I fall asleep.

Upvote 0

Sneezy

Sep 10, 2005
✟15,200.00
Faith
Buddhist
Politics
US-Green
Sycophant said:
Louis Theroux did a documentary called "Louis and the Nazis" where he spent time with these people (including a Lamb and Lynx and their mother. It was really tense at times...

I highly recommend watching it if you can. Although I'm not sure how you'd get it, I don't think it's been released on DVD or anything.

However there's a copy of an article by Louis here

(Zoot, I have a copy on DVD if you want to borrow it).

I think I saw that. He was in Montana or Virginia or somewhere, right?

Freaky people. Scary, paranoid, extremely racist, and armed to the teeth in their ...ahh..."community".

:eek:

Upvote 0

Sneezy

Sep 10, 2005
✟15,200.00
Faith
Buddhist
Politics
US-Green
ClaireZ said:
One can only hope that when they get away from thier parents and into the world, they will find out that the world is full of people with all kinds of different views and values and cultures, instead of the insular hate-bred enviroment they were raised in.

I hope so, too. But that kind of indoctrination at such an early age runs deep. These girls may well become very poisonous and dangerous women one day.

:sigh:

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Mongoose said:
It's irrelevant because we aren't talking about black rappers, we're talking about racism and other malicious beliefs being taught in home-schools.
Which brings us back to my original point that it is interesting that we are talking about what two little white girls were taught in home school while what they are singing about is no worse than what is being promoted in the rap songs by blacks. Those songs, I might add, are morely widely distributed and far more influential than the songs of these two white girls.

Because we aren't talking about them. That's not what the article was about. We don't even know what system educated the black rappers, whether they went to public schools, private schools, charter schools, home schools, or simply never attended schools.
And once again, it is interesting that 2 obscure racist teenage girls have gained so much attention while the others I mentioned are ignored,and, yes, even accepted.

It seems your only motivation for bringing racist rappers into the subject is just to say "look, those black people are guilty of racism too!" Yes, we know they are, you don't need to remind us.
My motivation is to point out a disparate view of racism perpertrated by blacks, which you indicated is not dangerous, although I pointed out to you that Reginald Denny would disagree with you. At least he would disagree with you if he could actually remember the trauma he endured as a result of racism against whites

Yes, I did. What's your point?
My point is that you said one thing, then appeared to have contradicted yourself.

An answer for my first question would be nice, too.
Done

If you really think we ought to bring black rappers into this discussion just so that people like you don't come in here accuse people of saying that racism against white people is okay, then would we not need to mention these girls in a thread about black rappers?
What I thought was unknown beofre the thread started, yet someone obviously felt compelled to single out these two girls and their education anyway

Maybe if you started a thread about black rappers and didn't mention these girls, would you like me to enter the thread with accusations that you condone racism against black people just because you single them out? And really, do you think it would make any sense or contribute anything to the discussion? I don't.
If your scenario played out, I would condemn the message they promote as welll and still point out that the message promoted in black music is far more prevalent and influential than that of the music by white racists. I would never claim that racism against a particular group of people was not dangerous as you did.

Anyway, I'm done here. I think I'm going to go do some more calc homework until I fall asleep.
Let me know if you need any help with that

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ClaireZ

Senior Veteran
Apr 29, 2004
USA
✟12,188.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sneezy said:
I hope so, too. But that kind of indoctrination at such an early age runs deep. These girls may well become very poisonous and dangerous women one day.

Or they could do what alot of kids do raised in a restrictive enviroment and completly rebel and marry black guys!

Would make for some interesting family gatherings. :D

Upvote 0

MethodMan

Legend
Site Supporter
Jun 24, 2004
NW Pennsylvania
✟61,785.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sneezy said:

These homeschool girls that, by opinion, are spreading hate, yet are not violent.

This as opposed to many public school kids brought up thru a system that teaches tolerance that has been taught as freedom but without limits. These very same schools have armed guards, shootings and other wonderful attributes that have NOTHING to do with race.

Let me pick!

Upvote 0

Jetgirl

The cake is a lie.
May 11, 2004
San Diego
Visit site
✟22,039.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
People raise their kids to be like them and respect their morals and ideals, whether they're neo Nazis, gangters, Christians, co-dependant psychos, scientists, liars, etc etc...

The question is, do we want to allow people the right to raise their child to be like them, even if we don't like what they are?

Added: these girls would not be "safe" from their mother's morals and opinions even if they were to be in public school. I know a few skinheads that seig-heil at every possible occasion and have framed pictures of Hitler up in their homes who went to the very same extremely progressive public school as I.

Upvote 0

charmtrap

Iä-R’lyeh! Cthulhu fhtagn
May 14, 2004
SF, CA
✟3,333.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
MethodMan said:
These homeschool girls that, by opinion, are spreading hate, yet are not violent.

Well, they're 12 years old. How violent could they be, realistically?

This as opposed to many public school kids brought up thru a system that teaches tolerance that has been taught as freedom but without limits. These very same schools have armed guards, shootings and other wonderful attributes that have NOTHING to do with race.

Do you have some examples of "tolerance that has been taught as freedom but without limits"? I hear this type of thing a lot on these boards, and it's rarely supported with some evidence. What does that even mean?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MethodMan

Legend
Site Supporter
Jun 24, 2004
NW Pennsylvania
✟61,785.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
charmtrap said:
Well, they're 12 years old. How violent could they be, realistically?

Have they been connected to ANY violence?

Do you have some examples of "tolerance that has been taught as freedom but without limits"? I hear this type of thing a lot on these boards, and it's rarely supported with some evidence. What does that even mean?

Break it down.

Schools teach tolerance - diversity - Or do you deny it?

No morals taught (that would be the limits)

Upvote 0

charmtrap

Iä-R’lyeh! Cthulhu fhtagn
May 14, 2004
SF, CA
✟3,333.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
MethodMan said:
Have they been connected to ANY violence?

None that I know of.

Break it down.

Schools teach tolerance - diversity - Or do you deny it?

No morals taught (that would be the limits)

Tolerance of others is a moral virtue.

Upvote 0

Mongoose

So it goes.
Jan 17, 2004
Minnesota
✟17,244.00
Faith
Atheist
This is a FAR more interesting thread than I thought it would be.

Oh yes, it has become amazingly thought-provoking. I think MachZer0 has showed me the light: I hate white people, even though I am one myself.

My motivation is to point out a disparate view of racism perpertrated by blacks, which you indicated is not dangerous, although I pointed out to you that Reginald Denny would disagree with you. At least he would disagree with you if he could actually remember the trauma he endured as a result of racism against whites

I never indicated that it is not dangerous. I simply said that racism towards blacks is more dangerous than racism towards whites because the vast majority of the population here is white. Now, if we were talking, say, Kenya, then I would say that racism towards whites is more dangerous than racism towards blacks, because over there the vast majority of the population is black.

My point is that you said one thing, then appeared to have contradicted yourself.

How so?

If your scenario played out, I would condemn the message they promote as welll and still point out that the message promoted in black music is far more prevalent and influential than that of the music by white racists.

You would really ought to be angry at me for derailing your thread if I did that, and accusing you of condoning racism towards blacks. And I wouldn't blame you.

Upvote 0