HOLY SPIRIT here guys. No its Global Cooling.

gungasnake

Oct 24, 2013
✟830.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
How long does it take for water vapor to cycle out of the atmosphere?
How long does it take for CO2 to cycle out of the atmosphere?

What difference does it make? CO2 is an insignificant fraction of earthly greenhouse gases and man-caused CO2 is an insignificant fraction of that.

The people spouting this garbage are basically Malthusians: their ultimate goal is to reduce the planet's human population to medieval levels for the glory of Gaea.

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,467.00
Faith
Seeker
What difference does it make? CO2 is an insignificant fraction of earthly greenhouse gases and man-caused CO2 is an insignificant fraction of that.

It makes a huge difference.

Water vapor is constantly fluctuating depending on the heat of an area, temperature, and a variety of other factors. On top of that, most of water vapor's effect is in the troposphere, the lowest portion of the atmosphere.

CO2, however, is present and evenly mixed in ALL the layers. CO2 stays in the atmosphere for years. It accumulates. It has different properties. It has different effects.

Your argument is simply ignoring the facts.

The people spouting this garbage are basically Malthusians: their ultimate goal is to reduce the planet's human population to medieval levels for the glory of Gaea

You've got to stop listening to Alex Jones. He'll rot your brain.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
What difference does it make?

The fact that you:
A. Can't answer my questions.
B. Don't understand what difference it would make.
Tells me everything I need to know about your opinions on the subject.

Upvote 0

Greatcloud

May 3, 2007
Oregon coast
✟48,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

The people spouting this garbage are basically Malthusians: their ultimate goal is to reduce the planet's human population to medieval levels for the glory of Gaea.

You make some very excellent points here GSnake; don't worry I got your back !

:holy:

Upvote 0

Lucy Stulz

Apr 3, 2013
✟1,937.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Question is, what are YOU doing to save the world from water vapor?

Oh I know! I'm relying on the fact that water vapor, when it reaches a certain level in the atmosphere COMES BACK OUT.

I learned about this...it's called PRECIPITATION!

This is why Water Vapor is a FEEDBACK moreso than a forcing. It's hard to keep EXCESS H2O in the atmosphere.

Unlike excess CO2. Which can stick around for quite a long time!

Is that enough? Is education enough?

Upvote 0

Lucy Stulz

Apr 3, 2013
✟1,937.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Venus doesn't answer anything wrt our own planet. Venus is actually a new planet, ballpark for some sort of a 6K - 10K age estimate,

No, most scientists feel the SURFACE is relatively young due to possible flood basalt events planet wide.

I can't imagine that the entire planet is younger than human civilization.

Moreover, descender probes have detected zero light in the middle cloud layers, forcing the conclusion that the light seen at the surface is generated locally.

Where did you get that from?

That means that Carl Sagan's "Super Greenhouse Theory(TM)" to explain the surface temperature is a bunch of garbage since any microscopic quantum of sunlight which might ever get past the cloud layers is a drop in the ocean of the light which is found at the surface. The place is hot because it's a new planet.

Ummm, yeah, Carl Sagan is full of garbage and Venus is younger than human civilization.

WINNING!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Greatcloud

May 3, 2007
Oregon coast
✟48,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
greenhouse_gases_in_atmosphere.jpg

Question is, what are YOU doing to save the world from water vapor?

Ice crystals .....................since we are having GC now brother ! Wow luv your input.

:groupray::yum::preach::idea: :holy::holy::holy::holy::holy::holy: :angel: :bow: Jesus :amen: :clap: :wave:

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,467.00
Faith
Seeker
Ice crystals .....................since we are having GC now brother ! Wow luv your input.

:groupray::yum::preach::idea: :holy::holy::holy::holy::holy::holy: :angel: :bow: Jesus :amen: :clap: :wave:

What input? He added nothing to the conversation.

Seriously, the amount of water vapor in the atmosphere is not a problem. We have precipitation. It rains. If CO2 came down like rain did, it wouldn't be a big deal, either. But it doesn't come down. It stays up there, for a really long time.

Upvote 0

Lucy Stulz

Apr 3, 2013
✟1,937.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
What input? He added nothing to the conversation.

Do you expect GC to understand that? Anything that even appears to support GC's failure to understand the science == "great input!"

Seriously, the amount of water vapor in the atmosphere is not a problem. We have precipitation. It rains. If CO2 came down like rain did, it wouldn't be a big deal, either. But it doesn't come down. It stays up there, for a really long time.

Again, GC probably only knows the denialist literature and not actual science like hydrologic and carbon cycles.

Of COURSE these folks are easily swayed by numbers that look small to them!

A general lack of basic science education really does help boost one's ego I suspect.

Upvote 0

Lucy Stulz

Apr 3, 2013
✟1,937.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married

So do you think Jesus would fight basic chemistry and physics as hard as some of his followers these days?

Especially when the stakes were so very, very high?

Maybe take a couple minutes out of bowing to your own pride and crack a science book.

Upvote 0

Greatcloud

May 3, 2007
Oregon coast
✟48,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
So do you think Jesus would fight basic chemistry and physics as hard as some of his followers these days?

Especially when the stakes were so very, very high?

Maybe take a couple minutes out of bowing to your own pride and crack a science book.

I am ignoring you on purpose Lucy. :doh:You have nothing new to say please let another post. TY, besides you never even mentioned the subject of the OP which is Global Cooling......... :idea: Please do that or don't post , thanx again.

:cool:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lucy Stulz

Apr 3, 2013
✟1,937.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
I am ignoring you on purpose Lucy. :doh:You have nothing new to say please let another post.

LOL! I'm one of the few on here who can address the SCIENCE, GreatCloud. I understand that scares you, but don't DARE tell me what to post or how often.

ESPECIALLY YOU! What hypocrisy!

TY, besides you never even mentioned the subject of the OP which is Global Cooling......... :idea: Please do that or don't post , thanx again.

:cool:

OK, here's your global cooling point:

Earth still warming despite 'hiatus,' Canadian scientist says
Strong evidence links human activity to climate change

Where is the heat going?

Well, NOAA says this:

heat_content55-07.png

And what about the LONG TERM TREND:

Fig.A.gif

Hey, look I KNOW you're gonna focus on the last tiny little squiggle on the long term graph, so tell me all about the "global cooling" that happened around 1980. How about around 1990?

What? Not real cooling?

WHAT ABOUT THE MID CENTURY COOLING? That was real.

Granted it was likely due to human POLLUTION (specifically suflate aerosols to no small extent), but it was real cooling.

Clean the air up and guess what? All that warming that was building up....it continued as if nothing had happened.

PLEASE LEARN SOME SCIENCE!!!!!

And don't try telling a PhD earth scientist when to shut up. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Greatcloud

May 3, 2007
Oregon coast
✟48,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Well here we are at the apperent end of this warming cycle we had, and are now in a cooling pattern. There is precident for this with the MWP followed by the LIA. So all I have to say is stock up on those fur coats.

:bow: GLOBAL WARMING

Upvote 0

Lucy Stulz

Apr 3, 2013
✟1,937.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Well here we are at the apperent end of this warming cycle we had, and are now in a cooling pattern. There is precident for this with the MWP followed by the LIA. So all I have to say is stock up on those fur coats.

Show us the statistics that says the earth is "cooling"

That's all I ask!

You DO know what I'm talking about here, right? I need you to show me a statistically significant trend along with the F-test and p-value that makes your claim CORRECT.

I'm not looking for a reference from some pop-journo...I'm not looking for some vague hand-waivy bit of fluff from any of a number of partisans.

I just want a raw number.

And that's easy enough to provide.

IF YOU CLAIM THE EARTH IS NOW COOLING THEN JUST SHOW US THE TREND AND THE STATISTICS PROVING THAT THE TREND IS AN ACTUAL NEGATIVE TREND.

Oh yeah, and when you're done with that: take the data all the way back to, oh, let's say, 1979 at about the end of the mid century cooling (an actual cooling event).

:thumbsup:

Upvote 0