Veteran
May 14, 2006
New York
✟212,454.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
The Holy Fathers are those christian men ( saints, martyrs bishops,)who passed down the faith once recieved unadulterated. It includes those who defended the faith from heresy, These include those present at the ecumenical councils who defined, defended and clarified right belief. The apostles are also called "fathers" in scripture for the same reason. (2 Pet 3.4)

Upvote 0

nikolayalexandroff

Aug 13, 2006
Russia
✟17,131.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Who do you think were present in every Ecumenical Council, and helped shaped Orthodoxy into what it is and preserved Her from heresy? Monks.
Who do you think had created and spreaded the monophysit heresy? Ignorant Egypt monks as well.
This statement is very important though. The problem is very complicated, and any contacts must not hurt our Orthodox faith. Theophilos means "who loves God". This expression may be translated, I think, like this: "your labours which are filled with the love to God".

Upvote 0

Khaleas

Also known as Jenn the Finn :)
Feb 2, 2005
Virginia
✟9,581.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Don't make fun of the non-English speakers or I'll come kick you! :D
Just one question for you Jennie: Would that mean I wouldn't have to ship the icon to you because you would pick it up when you came to try to kick me? And, would you be wearing shin gaurds so that when my dogs tried to bite your shins they wouldn't harm you? :p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

vfilip

Nov 20, 2006
Heraklion, Crete
Visit site
✟7,701.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Holy mountain (and not holly , sorry english is not my native language ) is the spiritual leader of million souls here in greece .
It is a place chosen by Our Mother that still happens there miracles (in greek) . It was the place of Saint Grigorios Palamas and Mark Evgenikos that prevented the re-union with the heresis of Pope .
Participating at inter-religious discussions has born the new heresis of Ecumenism .
We have been taught from Saint Grigorios Palamas that not declaring and hiding our dogmatic beliefs is a form of atheism .

There is great concern here in greece about ecumenist movements of Bartholomew and Christodoulos . Those movement lead to Ecumenism as this meeting of Bartholomew & Benedict was . Read this article if you have any doubt for that .

Orthodoxy has not even one Saint that was supporting Ecumenism ideas
Brothers & sisters pray for our Orthodox - unity . Orthodoxy is the only belief that generates true Saints and Ecumenism is the new threat for our belief .

Upvote 0

Khaleas

Also known as Jenn the Finn :)
Feb 2, 2005
Virginia
✟9,581.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I don't understand... Are you saying he was ecumenist? From what I read - any time people would get close to him he would burn down his house and move away. That is not only non-ecumenist but downright reclusive..

:scratch: :confused:

I don't think he was saying anything to that effect. Just making a statement that he wasn't certain that that was where he lived.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Oh I caught it :) I was assuming the title was referencing the flora on the Mountain ;)

;)

I caught it too, but ESL teachers don't correct spelling mistakes with the hope that fluency will result when the ESL students put their thoughts on paper first before worrying about spelling mistakes or typos. We stress editing near the end of the writing process, otherwise, a person may become discouraged.

Sheesh .... I still make spelling mistakes and typos because I am trying to put down my thoughts before they vanish ... after all I am 60.

Upvote 0

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't understand... Are you saying he was ecumenist? From what I read - any time people would get close to him he would burn down his house and move away. That is not only non-ecumenist but downright reclusive..
Not at all. He wasn't an ecumenist. He is simply a saint who I am highly fond of who happened to live on the Holy Mountain. I am a big fan of the monks of the Holy Mountain as well as the Desert Fathers.

Upvote 0

vfilip

Nov 20, 2006
Heraklion, Crete
Visit site
✟7,701.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Here is the full anouncement of the monks of Holy Mountain.(the previous published was summarized for the media ).

"They declare that Pope visit with co-prayers has violated the Holy guidelines of Orthodoxy . Pope was welcomed as a normal bishop of Rome . Their co-liturgy has gone far more than a co-prayer !!! "
Pls as my english knowledge is very limited it deserves to translate the full anouncement in english .
It is the last and full declaration of Orthodoxy nowadays .

Also it is published here
If you have a google account you can login and translate it (probably ...) or comment the translation at this url
or translate it here at this web site .

Reactions: Michael G
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.