Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
This reminds me of...

Daniel 3:25-26

GOD’S WORD Translation (GW)

25 The king replied, “But look, I see four men. They’re untied, walking in the middle of the fire, and unharmed. The fourth one looks like a son of the gods.”
26 Then Nebuchadnezzar went to the door of the blazing furnace and said, “Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego—servants of the Most High God—come out here.”
Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego came out of the fire.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,181,731.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Δεύτε λάβετε φως, εκ του ανεσπέρου φωτός, και δοξάσατε Χριστόν, τόν Άναστάντα έκ νεκρών.

Come receive the light from the unwaning light, and glorify Christ, who has risen from the dead.

Reactions: Dorothea
Upvote 0

nestoj

Feb 14, 2007
Niš
✟11,731.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Wanted to go and see for myself this year, "the Thomas" in me especially, but failed miserably. Will not miss it in the next one. I have a feeling I'm letting an important event slip by me every year out of weakness and laziness. Is there anyone on TAW with personal experience with Holy Week pilgrimage to Jerusalem?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,181,731.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
A colleague of my wife's loaned her a DVD today with an interview of Father Antonio Stylianaki who witnessed the Holy Fire in Jerusalem as a skeptic, and subsequently became a monk and shortly after a priest. He is also a child psychologist who we met personally while living in Thessaloniki, although we knew nothing of his experience at Jerusalem at the time.

The video has english captions.

Holy Light in Jerusalem: Proofs &Testimonies - Video Dailymotion

Fr Antonio took a video camera with him and recorded what happened, although he stopped looking through the viewfinder once things began happening as he was so amazed, he wanted to see it with his own eyes and not through the camera, which is why the recording is not 100%. Still 100% incredible though.

Upvote 0