Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
If Hillary ran against Condi, I'd be sorely tempted to vote for Condi! I really don't like either one of them, but I'd say Hillary is the "lesser of two evils." Neither one of them can be any worse than our current president. They both have about 50 IQ points on him. ; ) And if I see a good woman candidate, I wouldn't hesitate to vote for her. And as for Laura? Please. She would never run. She just doesn't have the chops for politics. If she did run tho, I'll bet she'd be highly popular...

Upvote 0
Sep 15, 2002
✟16,530.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Ginny said:
You're totally right. And if Kerry would have won, his pro-choice and same sex marriage views would have been right up there with Jesus. :thumbsup: Good grief, if any one of us ran for president, you OR me, people would be saying the same thing that you just said- about me and even including yourself.

You are not going to get some perfect president like Jesus. I know you can't stand the republican stance but to debate Bush for not being like Jesus is not going to work on this one. You will never have a president EVER that will be perfect like Jesus. Good luck finding one. I'd rather have a president that is for family values and against gay marriage and abortion -even if you are against him b/c of war- then someone that weinies up to this world's secular views all for the sake of taking the presidency.
Kerry also opposed gay marriages, if you didn't know (or care to learn).

And Jimmy Carter was pretty close to being a very good Christian president.

Reactions: Yitzchak
Upvote 0

k

reset
Aug 29, 2004
✟23,943.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Ginny said:
ask the history books

You're totally right. And if Kerry would have won, his pro-choice and same sex marriage views would have been right up there with Jesus. :thumbsup: Good grief, if any one of us ran for president, you OR me, people would be saying the same thing that you just said- about me and even including yourself.

You are not going to get some perfect president like Jesus. I know you can't stand the republican stance but to debate Bush for not being like Jesus is not going to work on this one. You will never have a president EVER that will be perfect like Jesus. Good luck finding one. I'd rather have a president that is for family values and against gay marriage and abortion -even if you are against him b/c of war- then someone that weinies up to this world's secular views all for the sake of taking the presidency.

Why is being male an informal requirement? (Telling me to ask the history books does nothing but avoid the question)

I never mentioned Kerry.

I never asked for a president like Jesus, that's absurd. Bush gives a ton of lip service to the religious tendons in the body politic of our society, but NONE of his actions even come close to reflecting what is said.

I would not want a bigot to be the President. Most of all, we do NOT live in a theocracy.

It is impossible to have a respectable discussion on the Bush admin unless we discuss the PNAC.

Upvote 0

k

reset
Aug 29, 2004
✟23,943.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
WalksWithChrist said:
If Hillary ran against Condi, I'd be sorely tempted to vote for Condi! I really don't like either one of them, but I'd say Hillary is the "lesser of two evils." Neither one of them can be any worse than our current president. They both have about 50 IQ points on him. ; ) And if I see a good woman candidate, I wouldn't hesitate to vote for her. And as for Laura? Please. She would never run. She just doesn't have the chops for politics. If she did run tho, I'll bet she'd be highly popular...

Condi doesn't have a voice...she is the archetypical "Yes" person. This is the rep she earned while being Provost which is what helped take her to where she is now.

If Rice won, it would be the third straight term for the Bush admin.

Upvote 0

jasperbound

The Fragile Incarnate
May 20, 2005
Modesto, CA
Visit site
✟4,138.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I would like Hilary and Condaleeza to run. It would be great to finally have a black female president in office! And, as Neverstop said, it'd be like the 3rd term for the Bush administration. Certainly preferable to a third Clinton term!

Upvote 0

k

reset
Aug 29, 2004
✟23,943.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
jasperbound said:
I would like Hilary and Condaleeza to run. It would be great to finally have a black female president in office! And, as Neverstop said, it'd be like the 3rd term for the Bush administration. Certainly preferable to a third Clinton term!

She wouldn't get the African-American vote...maybe a little, but many, too many, see her as a sell out.

As for the last part, maybe we should ask that question to those who've had to attend the many unnecessary funerals over the past couple of years. (Yes, I'm including other countries because God's Children know no national borders.)

Upvote 0

jasperbound

The Fragile Incarnate
May 20, 2005
Modesto, CA
Visit site
✟4,138.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Neverstop said:
She wouldn't get the African-American vote...maybe a little, but many, too many, see her as a sell out.

As for the last part, maybe we should ask that question to those who've had to attend the many unnecessary funerals over the past couple of years. (Yes, I'm including other countries because God's Children know no national borders.)

She could win without the African American vote. Caucasians can vote for her too.

That's a good point in your final paragraph. Nobody innocent did die under Clinton's terms. And any that did were completely necessary, as some deaths of innocents can be.

Upvote 0

k

reset
Aug 29, 2004
✟23,943.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
jasperbound said:
She could win without the African American vote. Caucasians can vote for her too.

That's a good point in your final paragraph. Nobody innocent did die under Clinton's terms. And any that did were completely necessary, as some deaths of innocents can be.

No, she cannot win w/o the AA vote. I agree many Repubs would vote for her simply because she has proven to be a good little soldier under the Bush admin.

I never said anything about "innocents" dying. The Clinton admin was a disgrace for letting the genocide in Rwanda happen. See, my diatribes are not party defined. :)

Upvote 0

jasperbound

The Fragile Incarnate
May 20, 2005
Modesto, CA
Visit site
✟4,138.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Neverstop said:
No, she cannot win w/o the AA vote. I agree many Repubs would vote for her simply because she has proven to be a good little soldier under the Bush admin.

I never said anything about "innocents" dying. The Clinton admin was a disgrace for letting the genocide in Rwanda happen. See, my diatribes are not party defined. :)

Why can't she win without the African American vote?

As for the second paragraph, which was in response to what I said, are you saying that a 3rd Bush term would be no better or worse than a 3rd Clinton term?

Upvote 0

k

reset
Aug 29, 2004
✟23,943.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
jasperbound said:
Why can't she win without the African American vote?

As for the second paragraph, which was in response to what I said, are you saying that a 3rd Bush term would be no better or worse than a 3rd Clinton term?

She could win w/o the AA vote if all (or most) voting Caucasians suddenly switched from Dem and Indy to Repub voting.

Given the ostensible agenda of Imperialism as generously spelled out by those in the Bush admin (PNAC), the lesser of the two evils would be a 3rd Clinton. I have little to no respect for either, and sometimes it's like choosing between being shot or stabbed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jasperbound

The Fragile Incarnate
May 20, 2005
Modesto, CA
Visit site
✟4,138.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Neverstop said:
She could win w/o the AA vote if all (or most) voting Caucasians suddenly switched from Dem and Indy to Repub voting.

Given the ostensible agenda of Imperialism as generously spelled out by those in the Bush admin (PNAC), the lesser of the two evils would be a 3rd Clinton. I have little to no respect for either, and sometimes it's like choosing between being shot or stabbed.

I hate to admit it, but you might be right that many Republicans might not vote for a black female candidate. Then again, Republicans also hate Hillary, and might even have an "Anybody but Hilary" campaign. I personally would like to see the outcome nonetheless.

As for imperialism, I saw it in every administration. Besides violating Milosevic's sovereignty, Clinton violated Hussein's a few times. Also, to terrorists, we've always been an imperialist nation (except before WW2). That's why 9/11 happened.

Upvote 0

k

reset
Aug 29, 2004
✟23,943.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
jasperbound said:
I hate to admit it, but you might be right that many Republicans might not vote for a black female candidate. Then again, Republicans also hate Hillary, and might even have an "Anybody but Hilary" campaign. I personally would like to see the outcome nonetheless.

As for imperialism, I saw it in every administration. Besides violating Milosevic's sovereignty, Clinton violated Hussein's a few times. Also, to terrorists, we've always been an imperialist nation (except before WW2). That's why 9/11 happened.

I think some Repubs in certain parts of the country would have more of a problem with Rice's ethnicity more than her womanhood. I'm willing to say many would not vote for her for fear of what may happen. Down to those two choices, race almost always trumps gender.

The Bush admin has exacerbated every tentacle of America's Imperialism to points of never-before-seen heights.

The PNAC Manifesto reads more like fiction out of a B movie more than the reality of what we are living today.

Upvote 0

jasperbound

The Fragile Incarnate
May 20, 2005
Modesto, CA
Visit site
✟4,138.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Neverstop said:
The Bush admin has exacerbated every tentacle of America's Imperialism to points of never-before-seen heights.

And yet, 9/11 happened before Bush did that, not after. And it happened because of America's imperialism. Even if Bush kicked it up a notch, it was still so bad before that something had to be done. Comparing Bush's imperialism to previous imperialism done by Clinton, Reagan, Carter, etc. is like trying to argue who was more evil: Hitler or Stalin.

Upvote 0

k

reset
Aug 29, 2004
✟23,943.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
jasperbound said:
And yet, 9/11 happened before Bush did that, not after. And it happened because of America's imperialism. Even if Bush kicked it up a notch, it was still so bad before that something had to be done. Comparing Bush's imperialism to previous imperialism done by Clinton, Reagan, Carter, etc. is like trying to argue who was more evil: Hitler or Stalin.

Clinton's admin coasted on the already present imperialism and from what I know, not much was done to change it, so yes, that is exactly why 9/11 happened.

Bush admin kicked it up quite a few notches and the proof of that will be displayed after the next attack.:cry:

I don't think we can put Reagan in with Carter and Clinton, not by a long shot. I don't remember the other two supplying Saddam with materials for chem/bio weapons and billions of dollars.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

k

reset
Aug 29, 2004
✟23,943.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Sava said:
The US will not elect a female president any time within the next 3 decades, and certainly not one who is a blatant communist.

Condi Rice is a great sell from the Repubs side, although not for the honorable reasons some may believe.

If over half of Americans can be deceived with an illegal and immoral war, they can certainly elect a female president.

I would not vote for a female candidate simply because she is female. I've had my fill of tokenism for at least 54 lifetimes.

Upvote 0

Zippythepinhead

Contributor
Jan 5, 2005
Utah
✟6,492.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
notto said:
ice

Two pro-choice women on a presidential ballot. That would be an interesting debate and would certainly upset those that are already enraged over the fillibuster compromise and who keep pushing the 'culture of life'.

Love to see it. The number of voters at the polls would certainly be at an all time high.
I want Ted Kennedy to run. Then I can sneak in as a press man and ask him about Chappaquiddik:p

Upvote 0