Hi again: update on my life :)

Oddish

May your unfailing love rest upon us, O LORD.
Jun 20, 2009
✟31,510.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi everyone,

I haven't been online for ages and thought I would drop by to see how everyone is and to tell you all that I am okay. The last few months have been hectic (in a good way). My family and I were given two months notice to move out but it has been for the best in some ways as I now live closer to my boyfriend and live in a lovely house. It was stressful at the time because of my Dad having to pay lots of expenses and moving all the stuff but God got us through and gave us this lovely place that we now live in. That was back in March. In the same month I also handed in my dissertation and only recently got my result for that and my exams. I had been revising most days in April and for 12 hours a day so am glad that the hard work paid off. Oh and my sister had a baby boy!! He is gorgeous and well and it is lovely to see my sister and boyfriend mature and I can see that they are happier.

What am I doing now then? Well next weekend I am going on holiday with my boyfriend and his family for a week which I am so looking forward to. In August my boyfriend and I are starting a full time volunteer placement together and we get free accommodation for one year. After that we hope to work for a year to save up money which we plan to use for attending a university in Malaysia as it has some amazing postgraduate courses! To live together on campus there we will need to be married as they do not allow unmarried couples to live in the same house. I was very concerned about this as obviously I want to live with my bf, however I know it is for the best and my bf kept saying there may be a way around it. Turns out we both think it is a good idea to get married before we go off to Malaysia, his mum would also like to see this happen. All we want is a simple ceremony as it is the getting married to the person you love that is the important part.

Please pray that God will continue to grant favour upon the relationship. I remember just over a year or so ago feeling lonely and sad about not finding anyone compatible. But Songz777's messages on here gave me hope and I believe that God spoke through him. The verse Jeremiah 29:11 kept showing itself to me and God assured me of His good plans and He is so good and gracious. He has given me hope and love, He is my rock and saviour and my life is richer for knowing Him. Even in my pain I can feel Him there and gives me comfort so let us praise Him and I hope this encourages everyone :).

Oddish

Jun 20, 2009
✟31,510.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey! It's great to see you and I'm glad you're doing well! Sounds like you have plenty of amazing opportunities ahead! That's so great! I'll keep you and your boyfriend in my prayers!

:hug:

Hi Saucy, thanks very much. Hope you are well :). I really appreciate any prayers! God bless.

How wonderful! So good to hear that things are going well. I hope that all works out perfectly for you!

Thanks Keri. It is amazing how things are going well, it is really down to God, He has been generous to me and I do not deserve it :).

By the way, I am going to church now. Both of us are! The people there are lovely and so welcoming. We are so blessed to be a part of this loving church.

Told my boyfriend about christian forums, he is with me right now :).

Upvote 0

Keri

Jan 1, 2006
✟51,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi Saucy, thanks very much. Hope you are well :). I really appreciate any prayers! God bless.

Thanks Keri. It is amazing how things are going well, it is really down to God, He has been generous to me and I do not deserve it :).

By the way, I am going to church now. Both of us are! The people there are lovely and so welcoming. We are so blessed to be a part of this loving church.

Told my boyfriend about christian forums, he is with me right now :).
Lovely! I'm glad you found a great church.
You two are perfect for each other. Tell him I said hi!
I might be going to Wales this fall for school. If I do, I'll have to meet up with you if you're still in the UK. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Oddish

Jun 20, 2009
✟31,510.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Lovely! I'm glad you found a great church.
You two are perfect for each other. Tell him I said hi!
I might be going to Wales this fall for school. If I do, I'll have to meet up with you if you're still in the UK. :)

Thanks Keri!! :) I told him! :D

That would be amazing if we could meet up. Is that for a field trip?

Glad to see that things have been well for you. :)

Thanks Sean :)

Woo! That's great Eyre, thanks for updating us :)

Thank you!!!

How beautiful and wonderful to hear these things! So, so happy for you, B. :hug:

Aww thanks!!! :)

Im glad to hear you are doing very well! I love hearing good news in peoples lives! I hope God continues to bless you.

I also love to hear good news to as it is encouraging! Thanks :).

Upvote 0
S

SOLDIER ❤

Hi everyone,

I haven't been online for ages and thought I would drop by to see how everyone is and to tell you all that I am okay. The last few months have been hectic (in a good way). My family and I were given two months notice to move out but it has been for the best in some ways as I now live closer to my boyfriend and live in a lovely house. It was stressful at the time because of my Dad having to pay lots of expenses and moving all the stuff but God got us through and gave us this lovely place that we now live in. That was back in March. In the same month I also handed in my dissertation and only recently got my result for that and my exams. I had been revising most days in April and for 12 hours a day so am glad that the hard work paid off. Oh and my sister had a baby boy!! He is gorgeous and well and it is lovely to see my sister and boyfriend mature and I can see that they are happier.

What am I doing now then? Well next weekend I am going on holiday with my boyfriend and his family for a week which I am so looking forward to. In August my boyfriend and I are starting a full time volunteer placement together and we get free accommodation for one year. After that we hope to work for a year to save up money which we plan to use for attending a university in Malaysia as it has some amazing postgraduate courses! To live together on campus there we will need to be married as they do not allow unmarried couples to live in the same house. I was very concerned about this as obviously I want to live with my bf, however I know it is for the best and my bf kept saying there may be a way around it. Turns out we both think it is a good idea to get married before we go off to Malaysia, his mum would also like to see this happen. All we want is a simple ceremony as it is the getting married to the person you love that is the important part.

Please pray that God will continue to grant favour upon the relationship. I remember just over a year or so ago feeling lonely and sad about not finding anyone compatible. But Songz777's messages on here gave me hope and I believe that God spoke through him. The verse Jeremiah 29:11 kept showing itself to me and God assured me of His good plans and He is so good and gracious. He has given me hope and love, He is my rock and saviour and my life is richer for knowing Him. Even in my pain I can feel Him there and gives me comfort so let us praise Him and I hope this encourages everyone :).

:hug: oddish!! Been a while!!! im so happy to hear the update and that your doing good! Ill keep praying for you and yes i remember how you felt! It is awesome how God is moving in your life. So happy for you :D

Upvote 0

Oddish

Jun 20, 2009
✟31,510.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
:hug: oddish!! Been a while!!! im so happy to hear the update and that your doing good! Ill keep praying for you and yes i remember how you felt! It is awesome how God is moving in your life. So happy for you :D

Very glad to hear things are going well!

An interesting choice! Why Malaysia?

Well my bf and I went to Malaysia for a two week field trip in our second year of uni. That is actually how we got to know each other better. We both loved the country and the university is situated close by to where we stayed. My bf wants to do a masters in mycology and plant pathology but there are none of these in the UK whilst the Malaysian uni has one. The same uni also has a few masters that I would like to do and located nearby is a rainforest reserve!!

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well my bf and I went to Malaysia for a two week field trip in our second year of uni. That is actually how we got to know each other better. We both loved the country and the university is situated close by to where we stayed. My bf wants to do a masters in mycology and plant pathology but there are none of these in the UK whilst the Malaysian uni has one. The same uni also has a few masters that I would like to do and located nearby is a rainforest reserve!!

That sounds interesting. It's certainly a fascinating and beautiful country! I hope you're able to do this and that you enjoy it.

I'm surprised there's no such course in the UK, though -- several universities here in Australia offer a masters in mycology and plant pathology.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
T

trentlogain2

14 people cared enough to respond to your update.
funny-pictures-captain-obvious-cat.jpg

Upvote 0

Oddish

Jun 20, 2009
✟31,510.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Reactions: Keri
Upvote 0