Hey! You Can Hear Me Worldwide on the Radio!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenH

Christian
Aug 1, 2003
Arkansas
✟13,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I want let you know about something quite special in my life. I am now a disc jockey on an Internet-based bluegrass music radio station. The radio station is Worldwide Bluegrass, the W-W-B, at http://worldwidebluegrass.com. My show is called "Sunrise Bluegrass" and it airs live each Saturday morning from 8:00-11:00 a.m Eastern Time (7:00-10:00 a.m. Central Time). My first show was on December 6, but I didn't spread the word as I wanted to make sure I got past any technical difficulties first. Everything worked out fine.

Here is the main page: http://worldwidebluegrass.com

Here is the listen page: www.worldwidebluegrass.com/listen.html

Here is the chat page: www.worldwidebluegrass.com/chat.html

Here is the schedule page: www.worldwidebluegrass.com/schedule.html

Here is my bio page: www.worldwidebluegrass.com/bio171.html

The only problem I am having is trying to stay connected to the chat room(the DJ oversees the chat room during the show). It uses Java and I guess I haven't come up with the right settings to stay connected more than a few minutes at a time even though I have worked at it a lot. It doesn't bother the show going out over the Internet, but I'll keep working on it and maybe one day I won't have to reconnect every few minutes. Even though I may miss some posts in the chat room due to this problem I can receive emails about the show any time at ken@worldwidebluegrass.com.

There are rules as to how often an artist or cuts from an album can be played, but I try to play a lot of Alison Krauss & Union Station, Rhonda Vincent, the Gibson Brothers, Norman Blake, Cherryholmes, and a new artist named Marcie Horne who has a great voice and some fantastic ballads on her debut album. I play probably around 40-45 songs(depending on how much I gab :) ) with a mix of new releases, gospel bluegrass, and classic bluegrass.

I hope you can tune in from time to time and see how I am doing in my new endeavor and listen to some great music.

Ken

Last edited:

KenH

Christian
Aug 1, 2003
Arkansas
✟13,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
On tomorrow morning's show - 12/27/08 - I have quite a few instrumental tunes lined up, and a short history lesson about a post-War Between the States event.

The show will be starting off hot and fast - 7:00-10:00 a.m. central time. :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.