Hey, they found a NAZI in my neighorhood..

Gwendolyn

back in black
Jan 28, 2005
Canada
✟20,680.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Strange. I am currently reading a book based on this very premise - a 92-year-old former SS officer reveals his true identity to a young woman in his grief group. He spent the six decades after the war living a life of service, in atonement for all the lives he took. The book poses the question: can anything truly atone for the murder of thousands at one's own hands?

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟446,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Yes, Christ's passion and death did atone for that. All He seeks is the contrite heart - which is seemingly what the 92 year old has.

As for making up for what he did - thank the good Lord for His justice - and purgatory instead of hell.

Upvote 0

Cosmic Charlie

The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated
Oct 14, 2003
✟69,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟446,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Snipped to portion addressed

Sometimes I think you and I lived in the same town in New York. Either that or there were a couple Nazis living there.

Not meaning to judge, but the guy always gave me the creeps. Friend's grandmother would visit, so sometimes friend and I would accompany. Glad to leave.
Wouldnt it be like - really weird that maybe while you were a democrat - that you and Fantine actually were friends?

:thumbsup: It is a small world after all.
Well, evidently they're serious about this kind of thing,

This 98 year old is going to trial.

Hungary Indicts 98-Year-Old Suspect For Involvement In Deportation Of Jews To Nazi Death Camps
:holy:

Well, justice now rather than later i guess. But wow - thats a really old age to be on trial. I doubt he will live long after.

I did hear [books i have read yah yah yah] that God allows sinners who dont get it right to live longer - so they get it right.
I believe it was a vision a nun got - asking to be received to the next life with the sister who died before her.
She was told 'Not now - not til you get it right...'
Or some such.

Perhaps all the guilt these guys live with - the regrets and pain is part of their atonement on earth. The less time in pain in the after. [Purging]

Just thots...

Upvote 0