Visit site
✟17,089.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I saw a comment on Youtube a while back that said that Herod died in 4 BC, so it couldn't be correct. However, I did a search just now and found out that it was Herod the Great's son, Herod Archelaus. Read this article to see. I thought it was very interesting. I wish I could find that comment and show him, but I guess not.

http://home.teleport.com/~salad/4god/1bc.htm

DailyBlessings

O Christianos Cryptos; Amor Vincit Omnia!
Oct 21, 2004
Berkeley, CA
Visit site
✟30,234.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That article doesn't make any sense to me- Herod Archelaus cannot be the person the Angel describes as dead, if he was reigning when Joseph got back. Nor would it make sense if he was referring to Herod the Great, if Herod the Great was already gone when Jesus was born.

Why does it matter, anyhow? The Bible doesn't say what Jesus' birth year was, so I can't imagine why it would be important that it match up with Dionyssus' calendar.

Upvote 0

FenderElctrc

JESUS IS AWESOME!!
Sep 20, 2006
Gotta keep it secret
Visit site
✟17,089.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
That article doesn't make any sense to me- Herod Archelaus cannot be the person the Angel describes as dead, if he was reigning when Joseph got back. Nor would it make sense if he was referring to Herod the Great, if Herod the Great was already gone when Jesus was born.

Why does it matter, anyhow? The Bible doesn't say what Jesus' birth year was, so I can't imagine why it would be important that it match up with Dionyssus' calendar.
Well, because many non-believers use little "errors" they find and they like to show it to the world and "disprove" Christianity. It's always little things that don't matter too. Like how in Mark and Matthew, the fig tree withered at different times while the whole point in it is a teaching of faith.

Upvote 0

DailyBlessings

Oct 21, 2004
Berkeley, CA
Visit site
✟30,234.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, because many non-believers use little "errors" they find and they like to show it to the world and "disprove" Christianity. It's always little things that don't matter too. Like how in Mark and Matthew, the fig tree withered at different times while the whole point in it is a teaching of faith.
But, there aren't necessarily any errors in this part of the Bible regardless of what year Jesus was born in, since the anno domini calendar isn't actually based on the Bible. Well, it is, but the date was according to a poor calculation on the part of the monk who came up with it, 500 years after the fact. It doesn't reflect on Scripture, just Dionysus.

Upvote 0

FenderElctrc

JESUS IS AWESOME!!
Sep 20, 2006
Gotta keep it secret
Visit site
✟17,089.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
But, there aren't necessarily any errors in this part of the Bible regardless of what year Jesus was born in, since the anno domini calendar isn't actually based on the Bible. Well, it is, but the date was according to a poor calculation on the part of the monk who came up with it, 500 years after the fact. It doesn't reflect on Scripture, just Dionysus.
Alright, cool. The Bible isn't a history or science book, so I and a whole lot of other people (Like non-believers who look to disprove it) should stop looking at it that way.

Upvote 0

DailyBlessings

Oct 21, 2004
Berkeley, CA
Visit site
✟30,234.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Alright, cool. The Bible isn't a history or science book, so I and a whole lot of other people (Like non-believers who look to disprove it) should stop looking at it that way.
I agree!

Upvote 0

Solidlyhere

May 6, 2007
near San Francisco
✟17,619.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Herod DID die in 4 BC.

Josephus is the Jewish historian, who wrote his massive amount of Jewish history around the time of Christ.

He wrote extensively about Herod (as he was a BIG part of the goings-on at that time, including that Herod re-built Solomon's Temple). Josephus stated the time of Herod's death.

Josephus also talked about Jesus Himself.

It would seem strange to think that Josephus would have LIED about the time of Herod's death. After all, Jews were still alive at that time, who KNOW when their King had passed on.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.