Here's how I deal with it

Jan 4, 2012
Florida
✟15,228.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I have become used to death. In January 1992, I was asleep in my bedroom when I was awoken by a loud noise. I went across the hall and opened my brother's bedroom door to ask if he had heard something. He had blown his head off with his gun. I can still see that scene even today.

In February 1995, my father dropped dead with a heart attack. I couldn't revive him ,even after 10 years of first responder training.

My beloved mum, died of liver failure 03 August 2014.
My wife and I were married for 18 years, 39 days. She had had a series of strokes. She passed away 27 November 2014. 2014 was a lousy year.

I had a dream a couple of years ago. I was riding a bike back in the place where my brother and I were children. I could tell someone was riding a bike next to me, but I could not see them. Suddenly, I hear Tim say, "It's ok," and he peddled past and away from me.

I knew my parents were Christians, but wasn't sure about my wife.
I prayed and prayed for her soul. I asked God to please let her be in his presence. This went on for months. Then, one evening, a thought came to me. Literally, it came TO me, not I thought it. It said, "your wife was in a coma for a week before she passed, we had a long conversation during that time. " I felt a peace wash over me. I think my wife is ok.

I stay busy to leave our children something. As far as I'm concerned, I'm still married. I don't want to date anyone. I don't want to "replace" my wife. I have been knocked down all my life and learned to get back up , wipe the bloody nose, and keep fighting. my motto is an old Army saying: "Charlie Mike" = Continue Mission. +CK+

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

I have become used to death. In January 1992, I was asleep in my bedroom when I was awoken by a loud noise. I went across the hall and opened my brother's bedroom door to ask if he had heard something. He had blown his head off with his gun. I can still see that scene even today.

In February 1995, my father dropped dead with a heart attack. I couldn't revive him ,even after 10 years of first responder training.

My beloved mum, died of liver failure 03 August 2014.
My wife and I were married for 18 years, 39 days. She had had a series of strokes. She passed away 27 November 2014. 2014 was a lousy year.

I had a dream a couple of years ago. I was riding a bike back in the place where my brother and I were children. I could tell someone was riding a bike next to me, but I could not see them. Suddenly, I hear Tim say, "It's ok," and he peddled past and away from me.

I knew my parents were Christians, but wasn't sure about my wife.
I prayed and prayed for her soul. I asked God to please let her be in his presence. This went on for months. Then, one evening, a thought came to me. Literally, it came TO me, not I thought it. It said, "your wife was in a coma for a week before she passed, we had a long conversation during that time. " I felt a peace wash over me. I think my wife is ok.

I stay busy to leave our children something. As far as I'm concerned, I'm still married. I don't want to date anyone. I don't want to "replace" my wife. I have been knocked down all my life and learned to get back up , wipe the bloody nose, and keep fighting. my motto is an old Army saying: "Charlie Mike" = Continue Mission. +CK+

I'm sooooo sorry. My estranged husband just died, and i'm still processing it all.

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican

I'm sooooo sorry. My estranged husband just died, and i'm still processing it all.
(((((HUGGS)))) I am so sorry for your loss.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We all surely feel sorry to hear of a dear one's loss of loved ones. It is a sad time. Most do not know what to say, except "so sorry to hear this loss". Christians care as all people, but can add the thought that we are praying for that one who is grieving; and we need to be faithful and remind one that God cares about our sufferings, and He never makes a mistake in taking one up out of this world. God is love! Hopefully the recipient will be reminded to look to God too.

Upvote 0