• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

HELP!

Snowy

Jesus, You're all this heart is living for.
Jul 16, 2003
✟30,502.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm having struggles with my faith....one of the people I look up to and go for help...is stepping down from teaching for awhile...he's one of my spiritual leaders...and now I don't know what to do (but this has been going on for weeks)...I'm starting to doubt things...and starting to think maybe being a Mormon wasn't so bad
sigh.gif
help.gif
...I don't think i'm helping anyone out on CF...I feel like I can't make my parents happy...or my family...or myself
cry.gif

Reactions: doofus125

paulewog

Father of Insanity; Child of Music.
Mar 23, 2002
USA
Visit site
✟33,938.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I've been really sad like that.... to the point that you can just go off somewhere and just sit by your lonely self.

Happiness isn't Christianity, and it isn't life either. Leading a Christian life means struggle adn hardship... peace, yes, but not an "easy life."

However! God gave us several, um, gifts that can bring a lot of "happiness" and definitely true joy to our lives. :) When I have felt really upset in the past, I've found that good Christian fellowship is just awesome. Don't really haev to do anything relaly fun, but just talking and doing stuff together is really uplifting... once you force yourself to get up from sitting alone in your room, which I have done, heh.

That, prayer, and reading the Bible.

And yes you have helped people at CF! :)

/me gives Snowy a huge plate of cookies :)

I don't know what your church situation is like, but perhaps it's not the best if you don't know many good Christian friends. That is half of church, fellowship with other believers... something God gave to us for our encouragement in our walk with Him, and in life in general! =)

Upvote 0

biblerey

A bond-servant of Christ
Dec 29, 2003
Visit site
✟15,301.00
Faith
Christian
Snowy, this may be a very tough time for you, filled with confusion and doubt. But, you can rest assured that your role-model stepping down is just God's way of giving you either another role model or a boost in your spiritual walk. Seek Him in prayer and in the Word and talk to the Leadership in the place you gather. God will provide an answer to your prayers, and most likely in a marvelous way. Praise the Lord that although the Paul's and Peters of the Faith may pass beyond our physical reach, the presence of Jesus is always near. Galations 2:20, Snowy, We are crucified with Christ,yet we live but not us--it is Christ living within us. Amen.

-r

Upvote 0

Iam4Jesus

I am for Jesus
Nov 10, 2003
Visit site
✟544.00
Faith
Christian
oh Snowy, I saw this on the front page and thought :confused: . You're always a blessing to others, and you make me laugh and now I hurt to see you sad.

I want to let you know that you have been a big blessing to me when I read your posts.
I have to go to work now. but I couldn't go without sharing this with you.

Upvote 0

Stanfi

Senior Veteran
Aug 22, 2003
West Virginia
✟17,821.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Snowy,

I don't know the reasons that your mentor is stepping down. However, I can tell you that I have done some teaching is chruch. Sometimes you just need to take a break from it. It consumes a lot of your time and energy, then it can wear on you. At that point you are not being a very good teacher, and it's time to take a break and allow yourself to refresh.

Don't allow this to be a stumbling block to get yourself down, but rather step on it to raise yourself higher.

Upvote 0

Snowy

Jesus, You're all this heart is living for.
Jul 16, 2003
✟30,502.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
having my youth leader step down is only 30% of the problem....but theirs other things as well...I have alot I have wanted to do for so long..but I can never get it done..I need to read the Bible...but don't do it :( ....I'm having problems with both my brother and sister :cry: My sister doesn't want to talk to me..and doesn't listen when i try to talk to her...and when i tell her some of my problems she goes into hers...and doesn't talk about mine..I'll call my brother just to talk and he doesn't get back to me until a month later :(

Reactions: mesue
Upvote 0

Judilyn

Once Ej or Erin-Joy now Judilyn or Lynn .
Aug 2, 2003
Illinois
Visit site
✟8,157.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Snowy,

Your brother, sister and youth leader are just people. People will fail you but Jesus loves you so much and he is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow.

Sometimes it is better to step down for a while in teaching. I have recently done that myself. I stepped down from teaching children's church for a while. I heard a quote once, can't remeber who is credited with it.

"Those who are responsible for the soul food of children should clean out their refridgerators often". Maybe your youth Pastor needs time alone with God to be refreshed. He is just a fellow human like the rest of us.

Snowy, the devil wants you to believe those lies he is trying to put into your head, DON'T BUY IT! You are a gift, and you do so much to bless the lives of others.

We love you and appreciate you here at CF.

BE STRONG AND COURAGOUS, STAND FIRM, STAND FIRM,STAND FIRM!!!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Stanfi

Senior Veteran
Aug 22, 2003
West Virginia
✟17,821.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Snowy,

I have been thinking a little bit about this. I often feel like Job, asking why does the rightous suffer, while the wicked go unpunished. You do a great ministry work here and CF. I often read your devotions, and they are a blessing to me.

You know, all of us have problems, you, me and everyone else. I know that going to your brother and sister for help, and them not helping you has to be heartbreaking. I had a situation in my life, where I was going through a really hard time. I have a friend, who I have known all of my life. I thought that he would be someone that would never fail me, but you know what? He did, and it really hurt me.

I have learned that we are all human, and we all have problems, and we all want are own problems fixed. That's why we always want to talk about our own problems as opposed to listening to someone elses. Everyone seems to be self centered now- adays. People with genuine concern for someone else is very rare. The point of this is that we are all human, none of us are perfect, and it takes someone with much wisdom, and spiritual maturity, to set aside their own problems to help someone else.

I did notice one thing you said, and that was you needed to read your Bible. One thing I have learned is that we must put God first in our lives. This means reading your Bible and praying daily. I recommend this is the first thing you do is get back reading your bible, and strive to squeeze right up on God's lap.

Do you know why? Because when you are in God's lap and he is holding you, he will take care of you. If you need someone to listen and help you with our problems, he will send someone your way. However, you have to put God first. That's just the rules, I didn't make them. God did.

You know the situation that I listed above, with my friend letting me down. Well you know, I had another friend who was closer in my life at this time, who was there to help me. I have to believe that this person was there by God's plan, becuause he knew I would need them.

Upvote 0

Mrs K 2004

Dancing Through Daisies
Nov 3, 2003
Southern Colorado
✟400.00
Faith
Christian
I haven't been around CF for very long; but I have spent 20 years around the struggles of Christianity, and I know they aren't easy! Especially when you come from a different religious background!

I'm sorry that your mentor is stepping down, that would make it a very tough time for you! However, could you possibly find someone new to confide in? I know it's tough to find someone whom you can trust enough to open up to; but it's sometimes greatly needed!

(((HUGZ))) i will keep you in my prayers

Upvote 0

Debi1967

Proudly in love with Rushingwind62
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2003
Green Valley, Illinios
Visit site
✟71,555.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Snowy
If you ever need someone to talk to and to vent to and to help we are here all you have to do is ask. PM me anytime you need me. I never turn my friends away from me.
Love
Debi

Upvote 0

doofus125

Goodbye
Aug 31, 2003
✟3,627.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
paulewog said:
I've been really sad like that.... to the point that you can just go off somewhere and just sit by your lonely self.

Happiness isn't Christianity, and it isn't life either. Leading a Christian life means struggle adn hardship... peace, yes, but not an "easy life."

However! God gave us several, um, gifts that can bring a lot of "happiness" and definitely true joy to our lives. :) When I have felt really upset in the past, I've found that good Christian fellowship is just awesome. Don't really haev to do anything relaly fun, but just talking and doing stuff together is really uplifting... once you force yourself to get up from sitting alone in your room, which I have done, heh.

That, prayer, and reading the Bible.

And yes you have helped people at CF! :)

* paulewog gives Snowy a huge plate of cookies :)

I don't know what your church situation is like, but perhaps it's not the best if you don't know many good Christian friends. That is half of church, fellowship with other believers... something God gave to us for our encouragement in our walk with Him, and in life in general! =)
This is something I'm also having a problem with, finding the fellowship of other Christians.....I spend days on end alone with absoultly no one to talk to but the people here on CF....yes I'm what you would call extremely depressed.....

Snowy, I know that it is extremely hard when someone in a leadership position in the church has either fallen into sin or has stepped down from their position for one reason or another......my second visit to church the pastor came to the front and told the congregation that he solicited a prostitute, I didn't understand it, but I sat there and watched my friend cry and he's someone who never cries.....he looked up to him alot and it wasn't until this incident that my friend realized that he looked up to a single man more than he looked up to Jesus. That was 5 years ago. My friend is now going to school to become a Pastor himself and his whole motivation is to serve Jesus. I encourage you to find fellowship with other Godly women in your church, not only for friendship, but for encouragement and to seek after God with all your heart, he will not lead you the wrong way. Even when you feel like he isn't there or isn't listening know he is there and hears every word you say or think.

In Christ's Love,

Bill

Reactions: Judilyn
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

doofus125

Goodbye
Aug 31, 2003
✟3,627.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Snowy said:
I sat down with my sister today and talked to her and we talked about alot of things...that I have been holding in..and I feel alot better now
Being able to pour out your heart to someone is sometimes the best thing to do and it feels really good. I'd continue to talk with your sister, but know she is not perfect, only Jesus is :)

Upvote 0

LadySaint

God is Hope
Nov 4, 2003
Visit site
✟15,534.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Snowy YOU ARE A JOY & BLESSING!!
I have enjoyed several posts you had made in different forums throughout CF.
I agree with others here. Make sure your quiet time with God is consistent and spending time with other believers.
Satan doesn't go after the unbelievers to attack them he has already has them.
What he does do is go after the believers then he usually ends up with more than just the one person he has attacked especially if it is a church leader because he causes so much disillusion among the believers and nonbelievers.
Sometimes we don't understand why God allows church leaders to change, fall etc...that why it is so important to keep our focus on the Lord. People fail God never does. PTL

:pray: FOR YOU! GOD BLESS!!

Upvote 0