In Jesus Name
Apr 10, 2009
Denham Springs, LA
✟8,549.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
twistedsketch: I'm not saying God would let His word get corrupted. I'm just saying that I believe that as time passed, people have been rewriting the Bible over and over again and they might have changed the Bible to what was socially acceptable/unacceptable in their time.

I'm very sorry if I have insulted or offended anyone, it was certainly NOT my intention to do so. I just don't find it very nice that some of you seem to be angry with me for what I believe.

Pamela, I dont think anyone is trying to be mean to you. At least Im not. We are just saying the truth, what the word of God says. It don't matter what our personal opinions are. As Christians we live by His word. You have to understand that it don't matter how much time has passed, God is the same yesterday, today and forever. Man did do the literal writing of the Bible but they were ALL influenced by the Holy Spirit. If you are really seeking Gods heart, ask Him to show you the truth. I know He will. This world we live in is only worried about pleasing everyone and not offending anyone. There is not many ways to Heaven. There is only one.

Upvote 0

GFPS

Apr 14, 2009
✟15,137.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello, I am a 20 year old man, and I am ashamed to even type this, but I am struggling with what i believe to be same-sex attraction. There's this man, and i see him every week (in my Church of all places), and i think he notices me too. I've had dreams about him. And there is more that i can't post. But i've been good so far... what should i do? Does this make me a homosexual? Am i going to hell? Or does one need to partake in homosexual acts to be considered homosexual? I am afraid

If you commit it in the mind, you have sinned. What that means is that you can be attracted somebody and want to be around them without sinning, but when you start to create fantasies (a single sentence or an entire book) and visualize sinful acts, at that point the sin has been committed.

As far as you being a homosexual, have you ever lied or stolen something?
Does the act of lying make you a liar for life and define who you are?
Does the act of thievery make you a thief and define who you are and predict what you will be in the future?

If all the sins of our past define who we are, then we all must be Satan's little minions.
It's the repetition of sin with out forgiveness that causes us to a momentum, and repeat the same sins with less effort and guilt.
The Bible tells us that when we sin(the instant we become aware of it) we are to fall to our knees and repent, asking Christ to forgive us our sins.

For every sin repent and ask for forgiveness. No worries.

Reactions: Floatingaxe
Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
twistedsketch: I'm not saying God would let His word get corrupted. I'm just saying that I believe that as time passed, people have been rewriting the Bible over and over again and they might have changed the Bible to what was socially acceptable/unacceptable in their time.

I'm very sorry if I have insulted or offended anyone, it was certainly NOT my intention to do so. I just don't find it very nice that some of you seem to be angry with me for what I believe.

But it isn't true what you are thinking, my dear. Believe God and who He says He is--all His attributes. He is trustworthy to keep His Word. The Bible is intact and has not changed. What you are saying is what is more socially, morally and spiritually acceptable, and it goes against God's Word.

If you believe in Jesus Christ and follow after Him, just remember we are our brothers' keepers, and any compromise we offer to them, they could take---who would bear the burden of that, standing before Jesus? We don't want to be held accountable by Jesus for the sins we have encouraged others to commit by offering them a wishy-washy gospel.

Upvote 0

GFPS

Apr 14, 2009
✟15,137.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Honestly I don't know of any point in the Bible where God says same-sex interactions are not a sin, same with animals.

There are different definitions of love. I absolutely love other males and females, the problem is people's definition of love gets mixed in with lust.
Lust by any other name is lust.
The Bible clearly states that if you cannot abstain from sex get married.
The Bible also states a man will cleave to the woman and a woman to man and they shall be one.

Homosexuality is not a chemical or a genetic predisposition. Homosexuality is a choice to indulge lusts.
Would God truly create a person out of love and hardwired them to not have a choice, to commit a sin that can't be forgiven because it's continually repeated which sends them directly to hell?

If this is true, and God intentionally created somebody to go to hell, then the freedom of choice is negated and responsibility is no longer our own, Christ died for nothing, hence God is vain.

Upvote 0

CALLmePAMELA

Apr 12, 2009
✟7,674.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm happy none of you are angry with me and I'm still sorry if I upset anyone with my opinion.

Anyways, I do believe men were at first inspired by God's word, but as we all know, nons and monks rewrote the Bible in the Middle Ages. We also know the church sold forgiveness for sins too, back then. That's why I'm saying that things could be changed a little. But I respect what you people believe and I will stop visiting this thread, because I obviously do not feel the same way as the rest of you and I might tell people something which is not quite right.

*don't mean to offend anyone, I'm sorry if it looks like it.*

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I'm happy none of you are angry with me and I'm still sorry if I upset anyone with my opinion.

Anyways, I do believe men were at first inspired by God's word, but as we all know, nons and monks rewrote the Bible in the Middle Ages. We also know the church sold forgiveness for sins too, back then. That's why I'm saying that things could be changed a little. But I respect what you people believe and I will stop visiting this thread, because I obviously do not feel the same way as the rest of you and I might tell people something which is not quite right.

*don't mean to offend anyone, I'm sorry if it looks like it.*

God inspired men to write the Bible. Then it was meticulously translated. Do you not believe God could oversee that His message would remain pure?

If we can't trust God to maintain His own integrity of His message to the entire world, then why are we believers at all? Or are we merely religious folk?

Have faith in God who is in charge of His own Word.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
But that would mean God indeed let his word get corrupted if that were to happen. The Bible is his letter to us, written by human prophets, under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. He has reasons to guard its integrity over time, and since he created the world, he certainly has the power to protect his own word from corruption. And history shows that he has. We have many copies of manuscripts, even very old ones, and aside from minor copyist errors (which are made meaningless because the Koine Greek is a very resilient language) and they all match. None of the copyist errors are weighty enough to put any doctrine in doubt, and this includes what we teach about homosexuality. What you are believing about the Bible being unreliable/corrupt is a dangerous lie originating with the best of all liars. You would do well not to believe it, to say the least.

Upvote 0

s001911

Apr 15, 2009
Gold Coast, Queensland
✟15,145.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
My personal bleifs on the topic of homosexuality is that it is a choice, like everything else in this life. I have some good mates, who I openly tell I love them, and I do, but not in a sexual way. Homosexual love it the CHOICE to take it a step further. Just cause you love a person of the same sex, doesn't mean you love them in a sexual way. The Bible documents men saying they love each other, however it says homosexuality is a sin, does this mean it contradicts itself? No, it means that it's possible to love a member of the same sex without engaging in a homosexual relationship.

We where created to have a future and a hope, for good and not evil, so embrace it, Live and let Live

Upvote 0

HisW0rd

Being a mom is God's gift 2 me
Sep 27, 2007
Texas
✟16,881.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I smiled so big when I read this because I dealt with this before. One, your not a homosexual and you do not have homosexual tendencies. Satan is a deceiver and he will use anything to try to take your mind. I am attracted to women, matter of fact I see beautiful women a lot, and I admire their beauty. I have even given them compliments, smiled at them, and made conversation. We are drawn to certain individuals and its nature. Now if your having sexual thoughts and entertain those thoughts. Thats when you should pray. I am comfortable with my sexuality to admit I find women attractive but I will never date, sleep with them, or anything else. If your struggling deeply about whats happening just pray. I had all kinds of dreams where I was sleeping women, I even had a dream where I was a dyke and I played basketball. I was scared when I witness those dreams but I prayed.

Hello, I am a 20 year old man, and I am ashamed to even type this, but I am struggling with what i believe to be same-sex attraction. There's this man, and i see him every week (in my Church of all places), and i think he notices me too. I've had dreams about him. And there is more that i can't post. But i've been good so far... what should i do? Does this make me a homosexual? Am i going to hell? Or does one need to partake in homosexual acts to be considered homosexual? I am afraid

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.