Not open for further replies.

Dixiecup

May 2, 2009
✟15,280.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Some of you all know the story, some of it anyway.

My next door neighbor has been slandering me for 3+ years. She has never taken the time to get to know me. None of our neighbors have tried to get to know me or my husband.

I have had to call the police on one of them for assault. My neighbor stood behind my car one day while I trying to back out of drive way. One day I had a BBQ and my next door neighbor stood in my yard and let her dog's do their business in my yard. She made sure my company saw this. I was gardening in my front yard this weekend and said hello to a couple walking down our street. I did not know this couple. My neighbor came out and greeted them in a very loud voice; she did not know them either but proceeded to tell them I was trouble maker. I ignored her, as I always do except when I have to call the police or the dog catcher to keep her dogs from destroying my front door, or her husband from shaking his fist in my face.

My next door neighbor and the people across the street from them broke into each others homes and took stuff. They tried to blame me and my husbnad for it.

My prayer is that she will be seen by others for who she really is, and come to know the Lord, her husband too. I pray this so she will leave me alone. Our other neighbor's are like "misery loves company", so they are friends with her. We have a minister who lives on another street who refuses to speak to me or my husband gives us dirty looks. We have a couple who went to a church we used to attend and they were not kind to us either, still aren't.

I'm deemed a trouble maker because I stand up for myself. I wish we could move but we can't just yet.

Evil prevails when good men do nothing. There has to be someone out there who is nice and friendly.

There has to be a church that is friendly for us, but nothing so far.

This is very difficult to have to live like this, and no we don't live in the slums.

Any advise out there. All I can do is what I have been doing and keep my nose clean and not respond to all of this.

fm107

Psalm 19:1-4 and Romans 1:20
May 12, 2009
London, UK
✟61,600.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Two verses come to mind. I hope you are encouraged by them.

Luke 6:35
But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked.

Luke 18:1-8
Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up. He said: “In a certain town there was a judge who neither feared God nor cared about men. And there was a widow in that town who kept coming to him with the plea, ‘Grant me justice against my adversary.’</SPAN>
“For some time he refused. But finally he said to himself, ‘Even though I don’t fear God or care about men,</SPAN> yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will see that she gets justice, so that she won’t eventually wear me out with her coming!’”</SPAN>
And the Lord said, “Listen to what the unjust judge says. And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off?</SPAN> I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?”</SPAN>

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well, you are responding right anyway. You are not letting yourself respond to her verbal attacks and just ignoring you unless you can't anymore, like when the police have the be called. I imagine it's terrible living with so much animosity toward you. I'm sorry and don't know what else to tell you. With people like that, you usually can't personally change them. They were probably the bullies in school.

Upvote 0

Dixiecup

May 2, 2009
✟15,280.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Two verses come to mind. I hope you are encouraged by them.

Luke 6:35
But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked.

Luke 18:1-8
Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up. He said: “In a certain town there was a judge who neither feared God nor cared about men. And there was a widow in that town who kept coming to him with the plea, ‘Grant me justice against my adversary.’</SPAN>
“For some time he refused. But finally he said to himself, ‘Even though I don’t fear God or care about men,</SPAN> yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will see that she gets justice, so that she won’t eventually wear me out with her coming!’”</SPAN>
And the Lord said, “Listen to what the unjust judge says. And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off?</SPAN> I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?”</SPAN>

Thank you, God's word is always helpful. I'll make sure your response comes to mind whenever I have to deal with the situation.

Upvote 0

Dixiecup

May 2, 2009
✟15,280.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well, you are responding right anyway. You are not letting yourself respond to her verbal attacks and just ignoring you unless you can't anymore, like when the police have the be called. I imagine it's terrible living with so much animosity toward you. I'm sorry and don't know what else to tell you. With people like that, you usually can't personally change them. They were probably the bullies in school.

Well, I would like to know why it's happening. My husband says the woman has emotional issues and I believe he is right. The thing I don't understand is how others in our neighborhood could believe this stuff, unless they have issues as well. It could be that they are all unhappy people. I believe these folks grew up in an abusive environment. I've just never dealt with anything like this before. I have googled "bad neighbors" and "dangerous neighbors" and I found out that this kind of situation is not as uncommon as one may think.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.