Texas
✟332,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Thanks for your reply. There isn't anything in particular, I just feel sometimes I am reading the Bible (at the moment am reading Jesus' preachings in Matthew), and after I have read a section I have absolutely no idea what I have read, or how to apply it in my own life. I guess it is just this is all so new to me and I'm feeling really daunted by it all and want a stepping stone to begin my journey into Christianity. If that makes any sense at all...

Here is an excellent eBook that helps explain Jesus' Sermon on the Mount~~~> Kingdom Living Part 2 . Click on the 'View PDF' button.

Also, you can read different versions of the Bible online at~~~> BibleGateway.com . Search for the book and chapter that you're reading, then you can switch between the different versions to gain a much better understanding.

Upvote 0

cantool

Mar 20, 2011
North Carolina, USA
✟19,550.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Jr001,

Don't be too concerned with what version of the bible you'll need. If it truly is Jesus that you are hungering and thirsty for, He'll come and teach you through what you have gleaned, from whatever bible you read from.
As to what I do recommend you read, aside from the bible itself, is to look for anything on Smith Wigglesworth. A man of God, borne and raised in your own country. He walked in the power of God simply by believing what the Holy Spirit taught him through the only source he used, an old KJV of the bible.
There is also a web site where you can read most of the sermons he spoke as well as 4 audio recordings of a man that knew Wigglesworth during his later years on earth. He raised the dead, healed the sick, cast out demons, and suffered through his physical ailments. But he believed and stood fast on only what he learned of God through reading the bible and no other publications.
Can anyone else on this site confess to this testimony as being apart of their own walk in Christ (the Anointing)? BTW, Jesus's last name is not Christ, but that which is the gift of God. The same Anointing that we all should be high examples of (those who proclaim themselves as being Christians).
Take care and guard your heart, for many will lead you astray from the purpose for which you were called of God to do; become a Son in the same manner as Jesus was on earth.
Now, just to start you off in a right direction, two things you need to know:
1) God is in a war with Satan. Satan, the Father of lies, is a deceiver. All doctrines are bent, therefore they are wrong! Although every doctrinal church (i.e.; Baptist, Lutheran, Catholic, etc.) swears that they speak the truth. They don't (speaking in generalities only). There is only ONE religion, pure and undefiled, the same that Almighty God has spoken from His mouth. Religion, therefore, is the enemy of God. It is vomit on His table, and the drink that all have become drunken with. Religion will keep you under the Law of Moses and bring death to you and yours, for the letter kills...
2)Being borne from above, you now possess the nature of God in your inner-man. But your fleshly nature, which is a gift from Adam (laugh), will continue to assert itself as Lord of your life. It will die and cease to exist should you "...eat the Word of God and meditate upon it night and day." This nature exists within your mind (also known as your imagination). Overcome it through the Word of God and you shall never die! (Jesus said this twice in the NT). This lovely Adamic nature (laugh again) is your enemy! It is well known as the anti Christ. I know that everyone will tell you that the aC is the Devil, but He was defeated by Jesus and will never rise again.
Use this information to your benefit and live, or cast it aside and wonder why the good people of God suffer the plagues of Egypt, still.
Hope you choose wisely!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

razeontherock

May 24, 2010
WI
✟35,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi

I am new to Christianity and am trying to undertand the teachings of Jesus, but I find the Bible heavy going at times, and wondered is anyone had any recommendations of websites or books (I'm in the UK but as long as I can get them online it should be okay). I just want to understand what Jesus was preaching so I can live my life according to Him, but I just struggle to get my head around the text in the Bible at times.

Any suggetions welcome :)

Welcome to CF! This is SO refreshing to read! From my 30+ years of walking with the Lord, my ultimate summation is that your brief post here embodies what it means to "be a Christian." :)

The Bible IS "heavy going" at times! Our desire to understand what He truly has to say, to US - is a very important thing to God:

"Blessed [is] the man that heareth me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors. (Proverbs 8:35) For whoso findeth me findeth life, and shall obtain favour of the LORD."

Notice that this is Wisdom itself speaking here! I especially like the way this passage reads in The Message (MSG) available on biblegateway.net

I think your best bet is to read the Word, and when we come across a difficult passage, to read different versions, and then turn to study aids when necessary. I think it would be MOST helpful to have a reference thread, collecting all "Hebrewisms" this community encounters, and what they mean. They are plays on words, lost in English. God most definitely has a sense of humor!

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

You say you want a revolution? **cough**
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,140,758.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thank you everyone for your replies and suggestions. I have been out of touch over hte past week with my faith, starting to have doubts etc, so am going to continue reading the gospels for no to try and re-connect with Jesus

Hi jr001,

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

2PhiloVoid

Upvote 0

oi_antz

Opposed to Untruth.
Apr 26, 2010
New Zealand
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you everyone for your replies and suggestions. I have been out of touch over hte past week with my faith, starting to have doubts etc, so am going to continue reading the gospels for no to try and re-connect with Jesus
When we try to gain God's blessing and salvation by keeping his laws we always end up under his anger, for we always fail to keep them. The only way we can keep from breaking laws is not to have any to break! So God's blessings are given to us by faith, as a free gift; we are certain to get them whether or not we follow Jewish customs if we have faith like Abraham's, for Abraham is the father of us all when it comes to these matters of faith. That is what the scriptures mean when they say that God made Abraham the father of many nations. God will accept all people in every nation who trust God as Abraham did. And this promise is from God himself, who makes the dead live again and speaks of future events with as much certainty as though they were already past. Romans 4:15-17.

Best wishes!

Upvote 0

Milton Goh

Jul 27, 2015
✟22,296.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Earlier this month, Pastor Joseph Prince preached a message that totally clarifies what it means to 'Reap what you Sow'!

Discover the truth which will set your heart at ease, and equip you with a positive, confident expectation of good in your future!!

Please share, like, and comment if you have been blessed by these sermon notes!

Read the Detailed Sermon Notes online here ===>

http://www.miltongoh.net/miltons-blog/expectaharvestofblessings

* These sermon notes are not in any way affiliated with Pastor Joseph Prince or New Creation Church. They are personal notes compiled by a churchgoer who wants the world to be transformed by the gospel of grace!

Upvote 0