Connecticut
✟15,604.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
What can I do to get more hair without cosmetic surgery? I know family history and genetics can't be helped but I am having trouble accepting the fact that my hair is so thin and thinning out all over! I have vitamins and am an extremely health conscious person. What else can I do? I feel bald!

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟215,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Rogaine, extensions, hair weaves or wigs.

If you're healthy, there is not much you can do to counteract genes, although there are a lot of people who are more than willing to cash in on other people's desperation.

Upvote 0

miss-a

Jul 12, 2009
Snowy Northeast
✟35,831.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Generally, thinning hair is due to hormone imbalance. Managing your stress in healthy ways and getting plenty of good rest will help hormones move back toward healthy levels. also, the herb, maca root, is very helpful in encouraging the body to balance hormones. Keep the healthy diet, making sure that refined sugar and processed foods areout of the picture. Eat a good portion of raw foods in your diet. And feel free to pm me if you have specific questions.

Blessings,
a

Upvote 0

alexjb

Mar 6, 2013
United Kingdom
✟2,472.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi my hair started to go really thin at the age of 18 but I used to dye it, I shaved it all off and left it grow back (would not recommend it as it took forever) but it grew back healthier and I have not dyed it since, so if you dye your hair maybe that might be causing it to go thinner?

Also another suggestion is to walk more, I know it sounds silly but my hair has gone much healthier since I have been walking daily :)

Upvote 0

LottyH

Mar 29, 2013
Perth
✟8,167.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi my hair started to go really thin at the age of 18 but I used to dye it, I shaved it all off and left it grow back (would not recommend it as it took forever) but it grew back healthier and I have not dyed it since, so if you dye your hair maybe that might be causing it to go thinner?

Also another suggestion is to walk more, I know it sounds silly but my hair has gone much healthier since I have been walking daily :)

Losing hair can be a reaction to stress but it does tend to grow back once someone is recovering - maybe that's why walking has helped.

I pray that the peace of God that transcends all understanding will guard your heart and mind in Christ Jesus.

Upvote 0

Yoona86

Jan 18, 2013
KaliKingChong
✟30,979.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
What can I do to get more hair without cosmetic surgery? I know family history and genetics can't be helped but I am having trouble accepting the fact that my hair is so thin and thinning out all over! I have vitamins and am an extremely health conscious person. What else can I do? I feel bald!

well, i know for men, there are treatment such as hair transplant available

how well do they work, i dont know the details

however, a word of warning though, i have heard many doctors out there are very unethical and does a botch job with it just to make money

for example, i have heard this horror story of this doctor using a pizza cutter

so if you decide to go for this option

ASK around, make sure it is a doctor with plenty of satisfying customers.

and one is a registered plastic surgeon i guess

also i just want to let you know that chemical shampoo is bad for thining hair

i would recommend you to switch to a shampoo brand that is made of all nature ingredients

every little bit help i guess.

in the mean time, i would get wig.

Upvote 0

alabaster jar

Vessel of Faith, Hope, and Love
Mar 15, 2005
upstairs
✟19,593.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Coloring your hair should thicken the strands you have since it's adding layers, but would avoid the ones with ammonia.
They also have a type of hair spray that is the color of your hair; it fills in the scalp and makes your hair look fuller.
Clip ins and wigs would also be a fairly easy fix, too.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums