America
✟45,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Oh...and yes, I really want two. :) Hopefully litter mates...to keep each other company and help with the seperation and shipping trauma. I'm going to have to buy out of state and have them shipped. There aren't any Red Setter breeders in NC. :sigh:

Upvote 0

PassthePeace1

CARO CARDO SALUTIS
Jun 6, 2005
✟24,260.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hehe. :) I hope I'm well set. I've lots of experience with dogs of this class. Not this breed particularly, though I've handled a couple...but field dogs. My uncle trains field dogs professionally. Setters, spaniels, labs, and retrievers. :) I worked for him for years...mostly in the summer, but after school, too...training and such. My last dog was a Brittany spaniel. Very energetic...but sweet as an angel. :angel:

Oh, you should be okay then...if you have experience with high energy breeds. When you say, "handled", did you use to show dogs?

BTW, I have about 25 dogs right now..:holy: I have been doing animal rescue for about 15 years, and do have a way of accumulating.
</IMG></IMG></IMG></IMG>

Upvote 0

krstlros

Currently Under Construction
Site Supporter
Jun 16, 2004
Within the arms of God
✟52,810.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
;)

No...not real babies...:angel:

I'm going to be getting two Irish Setter puppies in a couple months or so. :angel: I've been debating whether or not to do it...and I just feel like we're ready as a family to have a dog again. And since I'm the mommy, I get to pick what kind. And I love Irish Setters. :hug:

But I want good names, and I need some suggestions. I'm tentatively thinking of Guiness and/or Bailey and/or Harp. And before you ask...I can't use Reilly because I already have a son by that name. ;)

:hug:
And here I was going to suggest Reilly. :D

Being it's an Irish Setter, how about "Shamrock"?

Baily's a good name. If I had a dog, I'd name it that.

Now, this may sound rather silly: But, would you consider naming a dog "Nigel"?

Upvote 0

Rebekka

meow meow meow meow meow meow
Oct 25, 2006
✟34,375.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
No one has suggested the obvious of Bridgid and Patrick yet, so I'll throw it out.
I second that!!! :thumbsup:

Congratulations ZooMom, Irish setters are gorgeous!:clap:

I've never had a dog, I'm speaking as a cat owner here...:sorry: I have no idea if this goes for dogs too so correct me if I'm wrong... but can dogs hear the difference between two similar sounding names? Because most cats can't. That's why if you were looking for cat names I would advise you to give them two completely dissimilar sounding names. Otherwise if you call one of them, they will both listen to it! And you don't want that.

But if that's not the case with dogs, ignore my post!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ZooMom

Thanks for the memories...
Feb 5, 2002
America
✟45,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Aren't Irish Setters known for digging up the yard?

We had one and you should have seen the holes in our backyard. It was one huge obstacle course.

So what about:

Digger and Tigger

They're gonna be mostly inside dogs. :) :D

Upvote 0

ZooMom

Thanks for the memories...
Feb 5, 2002
America
✟45,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Oh, you should be okay then...if you have experience with high energy breeds. When you say, "handled", did you use to show dogs?

No, not show. I've handled working dogs. :) With my uncle for field trials and actual game hunting...so I know how to train. :thumbsup:

BTW, I have about 25 dogs right now..:holy: I have been doing animal rescue for about 15 years, and do have a way of accumulating.

:eek: You have 25 dogs?!?!? :swoon:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.