Not open for further replies.
May 26, 2009
England, U.k, Leicester baby!
✟15,221.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hello, im Dez, im a Christadelphian. we usually dont mix with other Christians as a whole, as we just argue to much. (just ask a jehovas witness) but hey! there is 60 odd thousand of us belive it or not.

The fundamental Christadelphian beliefs are:

The Bible is God's word and the only message from him. It is without error, except for copying and translation errors. (2 Timothy 3:16, Hebrews 1:1.)

There is only one God - the Father. The Holy Spirit is God's power. (John 17:3, Luke 1:35, Deuteronomy 6:4.) Jesus is the Son of God, and also the son of a human being, his mother Mary, so making him Son of Man. Jesus was tempted just like us because of this. But Jesus was not just a great man, he was the Son of the Most High God, and was perfect. (Luke 1:30-31, John 3:18.)

Man is mortal, having no existence when dead. (Psalm 6:5, Isaiah 38:18, Acts 2:29,34)

By living a sinless life, ending with his sacrificial death by crucifixion, Jesus has opened the way of salvation from death. (Hebrews 4:15, 1 Corinthians 5:7, 1 Corinthians15: 20-23, Galatians 3:27-29)

Belief and baptism are essential steps to salvation. (Mark 16:16.)

God raised Jesus from death. Jesus is currently in Heaven, on God's right hand. He will one day return. (Acts 10:40, Romans 8:34, Acts 1:11)

When Jesus returns, he will raise his "sleeping" followers from death and grant immortality to the faithful who have tried to live by God's precepts. (1 Corinthians 15:20-22)

His followers will help him to rule, bringing justice, righteousness and peace to the whole world - the Kingdom of God. (1 Corinthians 15:23-26)

What we belive about:

The Trinity

The idea of the Trinity is not one that is found in the Bible. Far from being part of the same being, God and Christ are quite separate. Consider the following verse, 1 Timothy 2:5: "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus". A mediator is a go-between. For Christ to mediate between God and men he must be separate from God, just as he is separate from the individual people he mediates for; if Christ was part of God then this verse would be nonsense.

1 Corinthians 8:6 also speaks plainly of God and Christ as separate: "But to us there is but one God, the Father, ... and one Lord Jesus Christ". If God the Father and Christ were part of the one being, why would these words have been written? If they were part of the Trinity, why is there no reference to the Holy Spirit here? The only reasonable answer is that God, the Father is a totally separate being from Jesus Christ.

There are two passages from the New Testament that are often used to prove the Trinity, John 1 and Luke 1:35. In reality, both of these show that the Trinity does not exist.

John 1:18 plainly states that "No man hath seen God at any time". It does not say " No man hath seen God the Father" at any time, but that no man has seen GOD at any time. It is obvious from the Gospels that people saw Jesus: therefore Jesus cannot be God, or any part of God. The verse goes on to say "the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him." Some other translations of this passage, which are based on other Greek manuscripts, have "the only begotten God" where the KJV has "only begotten Son". The Greek words for 'son' and 'god' in this context are very similar, and it seems likely that 'son' becoming 'god' was a simple slip of the pen when the early manuscripts were copied. The phrase 'only begotten God' is also at odds with the doctrine of the Trinity. Something that is begotten has a definite beginning and a cornerstone of the Trinity is that 'God the Son' has always existed.

"And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God." (Luke 1:35) Let us suppose that this passage does speak of the Trinity. It would seem then that the Holy Spirit is the Father of Christ, which would give a trinity of "God the Father & Holy Spirit, God the Son, and God the Redundant"! The more logical interpretation of this passage is that the Holy Spirit is simply the power of God.

Christ stands out in the Bible as being a sinless individual; this is a truly great achievement for a man. Sin is simply acting contrary to the will of God - therefore for Christ's sinlessness to be an achievement he must not be part of God.

I would love to chat about diffrent interpretations of Gods word!

Reactions: Beckyy25

Irrkunst

May 10, 2009
✟1,874.00
Faith
Taoist
Marital Status
Private
You need to be careful. Your view of the trinity goes against the required creed here. I can't post a link but check it out in the Announcements forum. There is a thread there about the new statement of faith. The mods may prevent you from posting in certain forums or at least from saying some of what you have said here in the main forums.

Upvote 0

GarnetRose

Let us lift up our hearts.
Oct 3, 2005
Diamond Springs
✟8,237.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Welcome to Christian Forums. I hope you read the rules which are linked at the upper right corner. I find it amusing that mass interpretations of the Bible only caused splintering of the church since the 16th century. There is more to Christianity than just the Bible, which is a major part of it, but not complete in itself. We need the Church to help us learn, and that is for us to be a part of the body, all in agreement, and not splintered off into unrefined knowledge, and speculations. It was the Church that compiled the Bible in the first place, the complete and truthful scriptures. Hope you have a great time here learning, and discussing.

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Ariela

Glory to God in the highest
Aug 14, 2005
Keyes, CA
✟8,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
WelcometotheGroupCup.gif

Upvote 0
May 26, 2009
✟15,221.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
To Al bundy: I know my veiw of the trinity makes me, by definition of the required creed, a heretic, but quite franckly there are many churches that do not belive in it. the christadelphians have been an accepthed Christian church since the 1860's.

to Garnetrose: i know that there is more to Christianity than the Bible, just read paul's thoughts on love (1 corinthians ch13) but we are a church of Bible students and scholars, so it's what we talk about. but dont get me wrong, its not our whole focus.

Thankyou all for your warm welcomes, God bless you all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
May 26, 2009
✟15,221.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hello and a warm welcome Dez. If you have any questions, need prayer or just want to talk you can always message me. Hope you love it here and find everything you need.
Blessings, Youth Pastor Kristina

Thankyou, i'll do just that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

James McCorrie

Christadelphian
Jun 18, 2018
Fordham
✟15,891.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Yes, Dez, the Orthodox Church goes back over 2000 years. 1860s is a new invention in Christianity, and not the ancient faith, no matter what you say.

The question is what is Orthodox... the Pharisees said they had Abraham as their Father. Christ says we must do the works of Abraham. It doesn't matter when the label we associate with was established, but do our believes and our resulting actions align with the faith of Abraham or not?

God created the earth and religion 6000 years ago, no religion existed before that, and no true religion was created after that. We either believe the one true faith established by God, or we don't. The measuring stick is his word.

Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,308,620.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
OK - this is a thread from 2009 - resurrected today by James McCorrie.

I have asked that it be moved to a new thread - so am locking this one now to make the move easier.

You are of course free, James to start a new thread,

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.