central Florida
✟2,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm a 56-year-old, married, Christian (non-denominational) man living in central Florida. I was raised Catholic. About six years ago I began to read the Bible in detail and listened to sermons from Christian teachers such as Pastor John MacArthur. It was then that I decided I was no longer a Catholic.

I am motivated to participate here for several reasons. One, I want to continue to grow closer to God the father in Heaven. Two, I would like to help others to do the same. Third, unless prohibited, I want to discuss in detail some of the teachings of the Catholic Church (RCC) in order to better understand how their theology is missing from scripture or contradicts scripture. And, just for the record, I have no hard feelings or bitterness against the RCC or any of its members. I have family and friends who are Catholic and I adore them and I know that they are saved by Christ. I just believe that their doctrine is mistaken.

I look forward to learning and sharing with the other members here.

P.S. Is there a way to turn off the snow effect?

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,227,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Click on your username at the top right where you see a miniature of your avatar than this:
Screenshot 2022-12-09 4.35.17 PM.png

Then click on preferences listed on the right:

Screenshot 2022-12-09 4.35.39 PM.png

Then select Disable Holiday styling:

Screenshot 2022-12-09 4.36.00 PM.png

Upvote 0

Christoph Maria

Dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return...
Sep 10, 2022
Göteborg, Sweden
✟66,837.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour

hello_friend.gif

Welcome to Christian Forums!

LORD, those who know you will trust in You.
You have never deserted those who look to You.
Psalms 9:10

"Here is what I am commanding you to do:
Be strong and brave.
Do not be terrified.
Do not lose hope.
I am the LORD your God.
I will be with you everywhere you go."

Joshua 1:9

"Judah, listen to me!
People of Jerusalem, listen to me!
Have faith in the LORD your God.
He'll take good care of you.
Have faith in his prophets.
Then you will have success."

2 Chronicles 20:20

Some trust in chariots.
Some trust in horses.
But we trust in the LORD our God.

Psalms 20:7

Upvote 0

Not of the World

Dec 13, 2022
central Florida
✟2,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,677,195.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm a 56-year-old, married, Christian (non-denominational) man living in central Florida. I was raised Catholic. About six years ago I began to read the Bible in detail and listened to sermons from Christian teachers such as Pastor John MacArthur. It was then that I decided I was no longer a Catholic.

I am motivated to participate here for several reasons. One, I want to continue to grow closer to God the father in Heaven. Two, I would like to help others to do the same. Third, unless prohibited, I want to discuss in detail some of the teachings of the Catholic Church (RCC) in order to better understand how their theology is missing from scripture or contradicts scripture. And, just for the record, I have no hard feelings or bitterness against the RCC or any of its members. I have family and friends who are Catholic and I adore them and I know that they are saved by Christ. I just believe that their doctrine is mistaken.

I look forward to learning and sharing with the other members here.

P.S. Is there a way to turn off the snow effect?
Welcome and good luck with that. Be sure to read the rules in each area before you post. :)

Upvote 0

Not of the World

Dec 13, 2022
central Florida
✟2,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Click on your username at the top right where you see a miniature of your avatar than this:
View attachment 324971

Then click on preferences listed on the right:

View attachment 324972

Then select Disable Holiday styling:

View attachment 324973

I understand I'm doing it wrong. I posted in an apparently Catholic sub-forum that doesn't permit (or so I understand) the expression of any disagreement with Catholicism. @Michie made me aware of my error. Can you please direct me to a sub-forum here where discussing, questioning, and expressing disagreement with Catholicism is permitted? Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,677,195.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I understand I'm doing it wrong. I posted in an apparently Catholic sub-forum that doesn't permit (or so I understand) the expression of any disagreement with Catholicism. @Michie made me aware of my error. Can you please direct me to a sub-forum here where discussing, questioning, and expressing disagreement with Catholicism is permitted? Thanks in advance.
Here is an area you can explore.

Upvote 0

Joined2krist

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
✟427,078.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Welcome! since you are no longer a Catholic, perhaps you can consider saving souls by living a Christlike life, Catholics are also called to this lifestyle. There are many godless people who don't know God, winning these souls should be our focus

Upvote 0

Not of the World

Dec 13, 2022
central Florida
✟2,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Welcome! since you are no longer a Catholic, perhaps you can consider saving souls by living a Christlike life, Catholics are also called to this lifestyle. There are many godless people who don't know God, winning these souls should be our focus

I agree with you.

Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums