hello from Chicago...i just asked the lord jesus christ to be my saviour last week....Few questions

angelh0809

Oct 21, 2016
chicago
✟7,869.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
hello everyone! I just asked the lord to be my savior again last week. I did before and I strayed. I want to keep my faith this time and forever. I'm 48 Hispanic male, I'm catholic but not a practicing catholic. I read somewhere in the internet that catholic religion is a false religion because we worship Mary, Saints etc. and other things. Please show me the right path! I started reading my bible last week. oh that too that catholics don't read the bible. that explains why I never saw anyone in a catholic church with a bible. I need to be strong , motivated and not stray away from Christ anymore. I have stopped watching tv, stopped my foul language and I do have a problem with a wondering eye. I am married. Please me fellow Christians I need advice and support. I need to be shown the correct way to stay in faith with my lord .

Ken Behrens

Sep 5, 2016
Milford, Delaware, USA
Visit site
✟32,775.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
1. Talk to God every day, and listen when He talks to you. 2. Read the bible every day. 3. Find other Christians you respect and start associating with them. If you can find one special friend, maybe a man a little older than yourself, who has followed Jesus for sometime, and shows love in his life, that will be good for you to spend intimate time with him, discussing life as it happens.

Don't worry about true and false religions right now. Run toward the love in your heart, and you won't need to run from anything in the world.

It's good that you have made a list of sinful tendencies that you can watch out for. Remain committed to trying to conquer them. Maybe set aside a day to practice avoiding one thing on the list.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
hello everyone! I just asked the lord to be my savior again last week. I did before and I strayed. I want to keep my faith this time and forever. I'm 48 Hispanic male, I'm catholic but not a practicing catholic. I read somewhere in the internet that catholic religion is a false religion because we worship Mary, Saints etc. and other things. Please show me the right path! I started reading my bible last week. oh that too that catholics don't read the bible. that explains why I never saw anyone in a catholic church with a bible. I need to be strong , motivated and not stray away from Christ anymore. I have stopped watching tv, stopped my foul language and I do have a problem with a wondering eye. I am married. Please me fellow Christians I need advice and support. I need to be shown the correct way to stay in faith with my lord .

Hello,

Acts 10:25-26 When Peter entered, Cornelius met him and fell down at his feet and worshiped him. 26 But Peter lifted him up, saying, “Stand up; I too am a man.”

They way that Peter reacted in these verses is the same way I think that Mary or the Apostles would react if they had found out that someone was praying to them. In Acts 17:11, the Bereans checked everything that Paul said against Scripture to see if what Paul said was true, and we all need to do the same thing. God's Word is truth and the best way to spot a lie is to have a firm grasp on the truth.

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Write the date down so the devil can never make you doubt again! It's great to be a heir of God, yes?

Hello-16.gif

Welcome to ChristianForums.com Please make note of your screen name and password somewhere IRL right now, so it will be easy to return to us!

If you have any prayer requests, you may post them HERE and an Angel will be sure to pray.

If you have a question, even a private one for the Chaplain, you may post it HERE in Ask a Chaplain

Our site HELP link is at the top of the task bar/index page.

We're pretty straight-forward here...be nice and expect others to be likewise. If you have any issues, you may always contact a Moderator. (There's a column of "Staff Online Now" to the right of the index page.) Or for ongoing questions or issues post in the Member Services Center for help.

I pray you will find what you need and are looking for here...and if that is Jesus, let us help you further.

Again, welcome!
Jean

Upvote 0